Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 04:17 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,902,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Updated story from The Cypress Times (http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/National_News/LOS_ZETAS_TAKES_OVER_TEXAS_RANCHES_NOT_A_PEEP_FROM _MSM/31840 - broken link)

But is the story True or False? And why we’re sticking with it until the end.
According to my Border Patrol info it's NOT true. Someone posted this thing on their forum website yesterday and it was debunked by nightfall. One of the guys works that area, was patrolling in the area of those ranches and said NOTHING was going on. Somebody has had a good time getting people all fired up over nothing. A couple of other agents actually called the sector office and stations that the agents work out of to find out for sure and nothing was going on. Now if it DOES turn out to be true then the Border Patrol has been punk'd as well!

Old 07-25-2010, 04:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
It's one thing to state your opinion about this situation but it is quite another for the left wing posters to be so degrading. It does not take any intellect at all to ridicule someone just to feed your fragile egos. I'm sure the left wingers are the ones who were beat up on the school grounds and now they think they are getting even on the net where no one can touch them.
Agreed. I thought for a minute I was back in Jr. High. It’s pathetic, to say the least. It’s also hilarious that I am being labeled a right-winger. No, I simply oppose lawlessness; so, whatever category that is, that’s me. This right/left wrangling is so tiresome, as well as dimwitted. It accomplishes nothing. Hopefully, soon, we will rise above this childish divisiveness before it destroys our country. We should all be concerned about any potential threat to our national security, regardless of political leaning or affiliation.

In time, the truth will prevail, and we will all know if Mexican drug cartels are in fact confiscating property from U.S. citizens. Even if they are purchasing land, it doesn’t lessen their savagery, or diminish their threat. Yet, some prefer to belittle others as though they’re vying for a prize. How sad.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:12 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,462,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthespending View Post
Do you think CBS, ABC, NBC, will report this. Not! It's happening and buffoons like you are burying their liberal heads in the sand.
Are you kidding? They'd be there in a NY minute. You guys and your conspiracies. It's so convenient to believe lies.

1) Lie is told.

2) Specific group of blogs repeat lies.

3) Story can not be substantiated by anything credible, including police department, FBI, or local citizens. Therefore media won't report as there is no story.

4) Despite evidence to the contrary blog readers conclude that it must be some sort of cover up, and that the "liberal" media is ignoring a "real" story. Also assuming that all policemen, FBI and local residents are also part of this liberal conspiracy.

See how insane that sounds?

If not, then I've got a great business plan I'd like to tell you about. I've partnered up with a friend of mine in Nigeria and we're going to be rich. I just need one more partner to help me get 5k to him so he can get his hands on the millions the corrupt government is holding. PM me for more details!

Old 07-25-2010, 05:57 PM

37,178 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthespending View Post
Do you think CBS, ABC, NBC, will report this. Not! It's happening and buffoons like you are burying their liberal heads in the sand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Are you kidding? They'd be there in a NY minute. You guys and your conspiracies. It's so convenient to believe lies.

1) Lie is told.

3) Story can not be substantiated by anything credible, including police department, FBI, or local citizens. Therefore media won't report as there is no story.

4) Despite evidence to the contrary blog readers conclude that it must be some sort of cover up, and that the "liberal" media is ignoring a "real" story. Also assuming that all policemen, FBI and local residents are also part of this liberal conspiracy.

If not, then I've got a great business plan I'd like to tell you about. I've partnered up with a friend of mine in Nigeria and we're going to be rich. I just need one more partner to help me get 5k to him so he can get his hands on the millions the corrupt government is holding. PM me for more details!
They don't believe yet that MSM is not about politics, it's about money. If the U.S. was invaded by drug cartels, all of the major networks would have multiple feeds from anywhere they could think of to drop a microphone to get a scoop and increase their ratings.

These people who dismiss MSM as "liberal media" don't have a clue in July what they are talking about and probably have no idea how a business works. If they know anything, they hide it well.

BTW - I realize that there is a bias from network to network, and I also realize that that bias is due to the fact that the owner of the network wants to report the news and **** off as few core viewers as possible so that there will be a business to go to tomorrow.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:51 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

1) Lie is told.

This is good, great thinking, great deduction.

Quote:

This is puerile, worthless, and unnecessary.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They don't believe yet that MSM is not about politics, it's about money. If the U.S. was invaded by drug cartels, all of the major networks would have multiple feeds from anywhere they could think of to drop a microphone to get a scoop and increase their ratings.

These people who dismiss MSM as "liberal media" don't have a clue in July what they are talking about and probably have no idea how a business works. If they know anything, they hide it well.

BTW - I realize that there is a bias from network to network, and I also realize that that bias is due to the fact that the owner of the network wants to report the news and **** off as few core viewers as possible so that there will be a business to go to tomorrow.
This is good but, I have read about a news blackout in the gulf and other places, there are lots and lots of articles on Google and youtube if you dare to look so...there are people who are saying this has been verified and there are people who say they "know people" who say it is a hoax. I will wait for more info before I decide and If anyone wants call names, or imply insanity for that then that is their childish problem.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:41 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,955,492 times
Breaking news from Channel 8 Laredo!

New Jacaman Traffic Light | Pro 8 News.com - News, Weather, Sports - Laredo, Texas | Local

There's a new traffic light to watch out for. This time, on Jacaman Road.
Traffic lights were flashing red at the new intersection of Jacaman and Bartlett this morning.
They will continue flashing throughout the weekend as the city gears up to fully activate the signals on Monday.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:54 PM

37,178 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
This is good but, I have read about a news blackout in the gulf and other places, there are lots and lots of articles on Google and youtube if you dare to look so...there are people who are saying this has been verified and there are people who say they "know people" who say it is a hoax. I will wait for more info before I decide and If anyone wants call names, or imply insanity for that then that is their childish problem.
It is one thing to limit the access to troops in a war zone in the interest of the safety of the troops.

Quite another situation to attempt to curtail the free reporting of news in America. That would go directly against the First Amendment, and no newsperson worth his salt would allow that to happen. If such a thing WERE to be ordered by the White House without martial law being declared, that would be very much an impeachable offense by the president.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It is one thing to limit the access to troops in a war zone in the interest of the safety of the troops.

Quite another situation to attempt to curtail the free reporting of news in America. That would go directly against the First Amendment, and no newsperson worth his salt would allow that to happen. If such a thing WERE to be ordered by the White House without martial law being declared, that would be very much an impeachable offense by the president.
Here is Anderson Cooper bitching about the blackout.

YouTube - Anderson Cooper speaks out on Gulf Media blackout

Old 07-25-2010, 08:01 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,344,266 times
Smile Governments purpose

Quote:
The government is too busy suing AZ to be protecting the people.
So totally agree with your pointed comment! We as Americans are going to wake up in shock that all of our freedoms are absent. This administration is a joke! Our governments purpose is to protect us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration