Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

And my point is - only some illegals are hard working. Many are not hard working at all. I seriously doubt that any are harder working than many Americans -- of various ethnic and racial backgrounds.

There is no superior race of hard workers. Some illegals will work hard out of desperation - but once they have that first US born child, it's off to the food stamp office they go. Then they have to be replaced by another fresh over the border illegal.

And American laziness is actually why we became the most inventive people. Ask a Central American or Mexican illegal to plow a field and he'll take the shovel and get right to work. Ask an American citizen to plow a field and he'll ask where is the tractor and have it done in a couple hours while the illegal is still shoveling away for days. Inventing machines requires that kind of mindset that there's a better way to get hard work done.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
There was so much work at that time a lot of these workers came lured by these jobs. I particularly saw many whites and non-whites working together at the time because there was a lot of work. The only reason these men come here is work. Now, I do not advocate for illegal immigration but I find extremelly upsetting the name calling and demonizing words in these boards.

And to be honest with you, hispanics do work harder in my opinion. Let me rephrase that, immigrants normally work harder than natives. Not only in construction but even at my school (graduate school), 95% of the higher grades are held by immigrants like myself. Americans (specially women) complain all the time about how hard graduate school is. I guess that extent to jobs too.

JMO.
If there is any demonizing of illegal aliens it is because they broke our immigration laws and many of them continue to break laws after coming here and that makes no sense to you? What about the demonization of law abiding Americans who only want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Do the words, racist, hater, xenophobe, etc. ring a bell?

Oh, so Hispanics work harder than non-hispanics IYO and immigrants (legal or illegal) work harder than Americans? Stereotyping, much?

You failed to mention the high drop out rates in school by these "immigrants".

Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Hispanic Youth Dropping Out of U.S. Schools - Pew Hispanic Center

Focusing on data for Hispanics who have dropped out of U.S. schools before completing high school reveals a problem that is quite grave and that has serious long-term implications for the education system, Latino communities and the nation as a whole.

So much for that superior race work ethic notion.

In fact if the illegals finish their education (back home), delay the start of their families until they have finished their education, obtained job skills, a job and marriage and limit family size to what they can afford, they would have no need to pack up and come here illegally. They would join the growing middle class in their own countries.

Mexico for example has fine universities, it has a growing middle class and it's one of the wealthier nations in the world. However it requires some motivation and self-control to become middle class there.

Over half of Mexican girls in the USA have at least one baby before they reach age 20, many have 3 or 4, most unwed of course, and that doesn't show an inclination to work hard and succeed.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And my point is - only some illegals are hard working. Many are not hard working at all. I seriously doubt that any are harder working than many Americans -- of various ethnic and racial backgrounds.

There is no superior race of hard workers. Some illegals will work hard out of desperation - but once they have that first US born child, it's off to the food stamp office they go. Then they have to be replaced by another fresh over the border illegal.

And American laziness is actually why we became the most inventive people. Ask a Central American or Mexican illegal to plow a field and he'll take the shovel and get right to work. Ask an American citizen to plow a field and he'll ask where is the tractor and have it done in a couple hours while the illegal is still shoveling away for days. Inventing machines requires that kind of mindset that there's a better way to get hard work done.
Even in the Academia, laziness is never good. Just saying.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Unless you are a native american, your forefathers did exactly the same thing, so let me ask you a question...why did not your forefathers did the same thing for their countries?

Americans in my opinion tend to complain A LOT. I just gave you the example of my university

I actually have classmates that say "I am only going to get a B and not kill myself for this program". And that is why suddenly there are not that competitive workwise. there is always someone willing to get an A, most likely someone not born here.
Most of our ancestors however did not come here illegally and that is the difference. I have no problem with immigrants who come here for a better life if they follow our immigration laws to do so.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Yeaaaah... Immigrants ( legal and illegal ) work so much harder that they are the number 1 and 2 biggest recipients of government benefits such as Welfare, Medicaid, Section 8 etc. Now how do you explain that?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Even in the Academia, laziness is never good. Just saying.
Love of American money is not a good reason to immigrate either - just saying.

In my opinion some immigrants are good but only those who don't have a great distain for the American people but instead want to become a true part of the American people and can assimilate and learn the language of this great country. Yes Americans built the greatest country in the world, but too many immigrants hate and despise the American people, have no regard for the laws or culture that made us great.

They sure do love the money however.

Easy money and government handouts shouldn't be the only reason to come here.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If there is any demonizing of illegal aliens it is because they broke our immigration laws and many of them continue to break laws after coming here and that makes no sense to you? What about the demonization of law abiding Americans who only want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Do the words, racist, hater, xenophobe, etc. ring a bell?

Oh, so Hispanics work harder than non-hispanics IYO and immigrants (legal or illegal) work harder than Americans? Stereotyping, much?

You failed to mention the high drop out rates in school by these "immigrants".
I never mentioned racism. I do not advocate for illegal immigration or welfare. In my opinion welfare needs to be abolished. However, enforcing the law needs to start with AMERICAN EMPLOYERS.

And I am a hispanic woman with 2 master's degrees and a BSEE. So do not say hispanics, because that is racist. Say illegal immigrants of hispanic descent.

In my opinion, they do work harder and are human beings. And I can not demonize human beings. As much as I advocate for legal immigration and follow the rules, seriously the tone of these boards is disgusting.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:

In my opinion some immigrants are good but only those who don't have a great distain for the American people but instead want to become a true part of the American people and can assimilate and learn the language of this great country. Yes Americans built the greatest country in the world, but too many immigrants hate and despise the American people, have no regard for the laws or culture that made us great.

I love the US. Have you served your country? Because I offered to serve in the army (I have a physical ailment and they did not take me). I am not a US Citizen yet and yet I offered to serve along with thousands of immigrants.

If that is not love than I do not know what it is.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Not disdain, I love my american friends. It is just that in my school they are always complaining. You never see them study and they complain and complain and complain (oh how hard this is my god )

Not all of them, and they only get b's and c's. I do not understand why? It just does not look good to be proud to be mediocre.

But I guess I can not say all americans are like that. I like them, but they just do not like to work hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration