Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:20 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
They are the reason you are here and are an american.
malamute said I am a coward because I left my country for the US
Yes, my ancestors are the reason I am here but they came legally so why are you bringing up the past again?

I can't speak for Malamute. He is only one poster on this board. Why don't you ask him what he meant? Personally, I have no problem with "immigrants" who come here legally for a better life.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I understand that, however the tone in these bords reflect a hate to the people lured here by AMERICAN employers ... hate the employer, do not hate these people.

Even people on death row are treated with some humanity.
It isn't hate it is objection. Learn to know the difference. Both the employer and the employee are breaking the law so why shouldn't our disdain be for both of them? I might be "lured" to break a law also but I am still accountable to do the right thing and not fall into temptation or are illegals exempt from personal responsibility?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:25 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Because the employer is doing it for profit and the illegal is Hungry. And trust me when people is starving they do stuff to feed their kids and their selves.

The employer is just greedy.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 AM

604 posts, read 750,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
first let me start by saying anyone throwing a false accusation toward me about me being pro-illegals for asking a simple question will be immediately REPORTED. look at some of my comments in the regular politics forum and you'll see that i'm not pro-illegals. i'm serious about the reporting, so seriously, don't even think about it. (i'm thinking of a certain someone who is already "on ignore" anyway but i want her to see this disclaimer so she doesn't waste her time)
------------

here's the question:

let's pretend illegals suddenly vanished. who'd want "those kind of jobs"? teenage americans of all colors? black american adults? new immigrants from asia? who?

Anyone that doesn't have a job?
Teenagers during the summer?

I figure if we fix our welfare system so that the receivers are actually looking and attempting to work, they can earn supplements to their income, but I don't feel we should be giving them more money than a minimum wage worker earns

Stephen Colbert even thinks if we raise the quality of work and rights the workers receive, that Americans may begin considering becoming farm workers

Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Because the employer is doing it for profit and the illegal is Hungry. And trust me when people is starving they do stuff to feed their kids and their selves.

And they can always go back home and work for people who are NOT greedy.

Let's not hold illegal aliens accountable for anything.

It takes 2 to tango dear

Quote:
E-verify should be mandatory in every single business in the US. If illegal aliens can not get jobs they will leave HOWEVER

these people are mostly hungry poor people. There is not a vast conspiracy to overcome the US Government. They are humble people (I volunteer with several organizations that I care not to mention) and the reason they are here is hunger.

I will not advocate for illegal immigration, however, I can not as a human being treat people with anything but respect. They broke the law alright. But even people accused of worst things are treated with humanity and respect.
Most illegals here didn't come because they are starving. That is just pro-illegal propaganda.

Just what "respect" aren't they getting? What is this inhumanity that you are speaking of? They aren't being accused "individually" of something they didn't do. The fact is that they all have broken our immigration laws and are working jobs they aren't entitled to. Many but not all have committed other more serious crimes also. How is the truth being told being disrespectful and dehumanizing?

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
A friend of mine operates a fruit business and has been employing legal temporary workers for at least three generations to tend the orchards and pick the crops. He hires these people because he CANNOT FIND ANY LOCAL PEOPLE TO DO THE WORK AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. They make decent wages, including rooms for the summer, and great wages for their own country.

This is a pretty good deal. He gets the crop picked and they not only get paid but they get to go home to the Caribbean for the winter. Lots of people from around here PAY very good money to spend a week in the Caribbean during the winter.

When it comes to big companies like Tyson Foods hiring illegal immigrants it is simple economics. They contract with people that supply them with warm bodies from anywhere. Effectively Tyson and the rest are modern day slavers and should be treated as such.

Last edited by GregW; 04-11-2011 at 09:39 AM..

Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Yes, the employer is greedy but most illegals aren't starving.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:

You've just proven to us how clueless you are (and most likely,"want to be") about this issue.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
MOst of them are hungry, and hungry people break the law. It is part of the human condition. (Irish did the same before, they came because they were hungry).

I am not advocating for them. If they law is enforced, Iam 100% they will leave by themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration