Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Consequences like going in front of a judge, being convicted of a crime, paying a small fine and spending some time on probation.

In the United States, none of the legal penalties for trespassing involve being executed by a racist scumbag without trial. Even the wacko states like Arizona or Texas draw the line at summary execution of random brown people.
See this is what I mean about making it about race with words like "racist scumbag" and "brown people"? I find this very disturbing.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-12-2011 at 12:41 PM..

Old 05-12-2011, 12:32 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Was there a fence around the property that they climbed over or broke down?
You can't just go and shoot people just because they step on a piece of land, let alone if they don't even know whose land they are on.
And you can still call the police if trespassing is illegal...
Ever been to Fabens? If you had you wouldn't be asking this question. By the time the police got there the rancher could have been dead. The story actually touched on the fact that law enforcement in the area is stretched thin and people take care of themselves.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Consequences like going in front of a judge, being convicted of a crime, paying a small fine and spending some time on probation.

In the United States, none of the legal penalties for trespassing involve being executed by a racist scumbag without trial. Even the wacko states like Arizona or Texas draw the line at summary execution of random brown people.
So now someone was executed?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How can you say he's a racist scumbag? His identity hasn't been released yet, so you know literally nothing about him.
He shot unarmed Hispanics in the back for making the mistake of getting lost. What else do I really need to know at this point?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
He shot unarmed Hispanics in the back for making the mistake of getting lost. What else do I really need to know at this point?
So now the rancher has executed two Hispanics by shooting them in the back while they're in their car. Yet both are alive and receiving medical attention. You sure he didn't just execute the car?

This is beginning to sound more like a 'Bonnie and Clyde' meets the Keystone Cops episode.

Execute: to inflict capital punishment on; put to death according to law

Old 05-12-2011, 12:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Why the need to call attention to what ethnic group those who were shot were from? I only see two human beings who were shot because the owner of the land saw them as trespassers. It doesn't matter what race/ethnic group they were of. You are assuming that if they were whites, blacks, or asians that he wouldn't have done the same to them.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:58 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why the need to call attention to what ethnic group those who were shot were from? I only see two human beings who were shot because the owner of the land saw them as trespassers. It doesn't matter what race/ethnic group they were of. You are assuming that if they were whites, blacks, or asians that he wouldn't have done the same to them.
I bet if they had looked Nordic he wouldn't have shot them

Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Or if they'd been two teenage girls.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Or if they'd been two teenage girls.
Or if they'd been driving a Volvo????

So, if the windows had heavy tint would the rancher have known whether or not they were teenage girls, or Nordic? Obviously, no skis on top, of course. I mean, so far, he's executed them from behind while in that car. And a damn fine shot at that ! ! !

Maybe they should have been old white ladies with big hair. Where's the Wayans brothers when you really need them???

Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
West Texas rancher shoots 2 men he alleges were trespassing, transports them to fire station - El Paso Times

Fabens, Texas

The shooting occurred in Hudspeth County, where Sheriff Arvin West last year advised farmers to "arm yourselves" because of fear of violence spilling across the border.

Norangel Velez and his father were going to look at land to buy when the rancher drove up and fired at them.
"'Get down, get down, I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill you.' That's all he ever said; he never said anything else but that," Velez told the television station.
"He never said freeze, he never gave us a warning, he never came out in front of us and say what we're doing here, just boom, boom boom."
Velez told KTSM he was shot once and his father was shot three times after his father jumped on top of him and saved his life.
"What (the rancher) did was wrong, and the only reason he shot was because we were Hispanic," Velez told a reporter. "It's the only reason he shot. He thought we were immigrants. I've lived here all my life."
One of the men was in critical condition, and the other was stable.

Fabens is in east El Paso County, but the shooting occurred in the desolate Sunset Ranches area in neighboring Hudspeth County,

- Sunset Ranches is vast area of desert land that was subdivided in the 1970's. The plots are virtually unusable, many early buyers are trying to sell or they just walk away because of back taxes. It's not uncommon to find lost owners & potential buyers driving around looking for unmarked plots.
Well I know where I live in Maryland he'd be in jail but maybe Texas treats these things differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration