U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,850,438 times
Reputation: 7619

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Record deportations. The previous administration didn't even estimate the number of illegal aliens for a few years. Why can't you give President Obama at least a little credit?
It makes sense, record deportations under obama....

There were a record number of illegal aliens invading America too.

Yup, lets give obama all the credit he deserves......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 PM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,959,982 times
Reputation: 1806
I'll humor the deflection caused by losing the original new-way-to-get-status argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
It makes sense, record deportations under obama....

There were a record number of illegal aliens invading America too.
Got a link? AFAIK the number of illegal crossings is decreasing.

It's down in the Yuma & El Paso sectors and illegals are being forced to use the more remote and dangerous Tucson sector crossing.

El Paso Sector Border Patrol: Enough To Do? - News Story - KFOX El Paso
In the El Paso sector, there were 1,600 agents in 2004, compared with 2,700 as of last year. In 2005, those 1,600 or so agents caught an average of 336 people daily crossing the border illegally, or 122,655 that year. Last year, the 2,700 agents caught an average of just 33 people daily crossing illegally.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz1MiH8xKlY
Once a thoroughfare for hundreds of thousands of illegal border crossers, the Yuma Sector now records barely 7,000 arrests each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,850,438 times
Reputation: 7619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
El Paso Sector Border Patrol: Enough To Do? - News Story - KFOX El Paso
In the El Paso sector, there were 1,600 agents in 2004, compared with 2,700 as of last year. In 2005, those 1,600 or so agents caught an average of 336 people daily crossing the border illegally, or 122,655 that year. Last year, the 2,700 agents caught an average of just 33 people daily crossing illegally.
All this article proves is the illegal aliens have changed their point of entry in the El Paso sector to a different border crossing and/or have devised new methods of avoiding the border patrol.....

Like Yuma, El Paso and Tucson are the only points these illegal aliens can invade America

Do I have statistics? no. Are there believable government statistics? no

Do I have a pair of eyes and see these illegal aliens every day? yes

Does the head honcho of DHS lie about the incursion of illegal aliens into America? yes

Last edited by plwhit; 05-19-2011 at 11:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I'll humor the deflection caused by losing the original new-way-to-get-status argument...

Got a link? AFAIK the number of illegal crossings is decreasing.

It's down in the Yuma & El Paso sectors and illegals are being forced to use the more remote and dangerous Tucson sector crossing.

El Paso Sector Border Patrol: Enough To Do? - News Story - KFOX El Paso
In the El Paso sector, there were 1,600 agents in 2004, compared with 2,700 as of last year. In 2005, those 1,600 or so agents caught an average of 336 people daily crossing the border illegally, or 122,655 that year. Last year, the 2,700 agents caught an average of just 33 people daily crossing illegally.

Arizona border: Security differs in Yuma and Tucson regions
Once a thoroughfare for hundreds of thousands of illegal border crossers, the Yuma Sector now records barely 7,000 arrests each year.
All the illegals are doing is coming through more remote areas. That doesn't equate to fewer illegals coming across. These sectors are where the multi-layered fencing is. From the artilce:

"That status, used to describe areas where officials are reasonably ensured of capturing most crossers, was gained in 2006 when the government launched a crackdown known as Operation Jump Start. National Guard troops swarmed the area, building multilayered fences and vehicle barriers along the entire Mexican line. The Border Patrol tripled its number of agents. Observation posts, equipped with giant spotlights, were established".

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-20-2011 at 07:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 07:42 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I'll humor the deflection caused by losing the original new-way-to-get-status argument...

Got a link? AFAIK the number of illegal crossings is decreasing.

It's down in the Yuma & El Paso sectors and illegals are being forced to use the more remote and dangerous Tucson sector crossing.

El Paso Sector Border Patrol: Enough To Do? - News Story - KFOX El Paso
In the El Paso sector, there were 1,600 agents in 2004, compared with 2,700 as of last year. In 2005, those 1,600 or so agents caught an average of 336 people daily crossing the border illegally, or 122,655 that year. Last year, the 2,700 agents caught an average of just 33 people daily crossing illegally.

Arizona border: Security differs in Yuma and Tucson regions
Once a thoroughfare for hundreds of thousands of illegal border crossers, the Yuma Sector now records barely 7,000 arrests each year.
There is no evidence that illegal crossings are decreasing. Even in Mexico they're finding hundreds heading north packed into trucks.

They're estimating that 250,000 people from Juarez and surrounding areas have recently fled and at least half of them headed over the border. Everyone knows they didn't all show up here legally.

I know for a fact that it takes only $600 to cross under the Bridge of the Americas and there are plenty of other places also. Plus they still sell the laser visas in Juarez for only about $500 that allow them to come right through the legal ports of entry. There is little need to use the dangerous illegal ports of entry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
El Paso Sector Border Patrol: Enough To Do? - News Story - KFOX El Paso
In the El Paso sector, there were 1,600 agents in 2004, compared with 2,700 as of last year. In 2005, those 1,600 or so agents caught an average of 336 people daily crossing the border illegally, or 122,655 that year. Last year, the 2,700 agents caught an average of just 33 people daily crossing illegally.


This would indicate that about 300 a day make it over into the USA in the El Paso sector. Catching fewer is not a good thing at all. And there are many other factors, if more fraudulent laser visas are available in the streets of Juarez, more cross "legally".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...And there are many other factors, if more fraudulent laser visas are available in the streets of Juarez, more cross "legally".
How do they mimic the security features of a "Border Crossing Card" (more correct terminology for a "laser visa" here) well enough to be run through the CBP readers? The limited range and time of a BCC is not a free pass to move to the United States, and is not "legal" immigration. Do you know of the constraints of the card?

We've had another topic of an uncommon abuse of the legal immigration system sidetracked back to being about illegal crossings again. Vetted news articles reporting the changes are poo-poo'ed away because someone thinks it is different. Keep up with the baseless allegations - It shows you are grasping at straws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How do they mimic the security features of a "Border Crossing Card" (more correct terminology for a "laser visa" here) well enough to be run through the CBP readers? The limited range and time of a BCC is not a free pass to move to the United States, and is not "legal" immigration. Do you know of the constraints of the card?

We've had another topic of an uncommon abuse of the legal immigration system sidetracked back to being about illegal crossings again. Vetted news articles reporting the changes are poo-poo'ed away because someone thinks it is different. Keep up with the baseless allegations - It shows you are grasping at straws.
You really haven't been paying attention have you. You must live very far from the border to know so little about what is going on.

They are stolen (or sold) laser visas. People with border crossing cards can easily sell them - then they can report them lost or stolen and have their replacement in about a week.

Right on the streets in Juarez but also many places, they offer these border crossing cards - for rent because they recycle them. For $500 you can get one - they'll even try to help you change your hairstyle, shave or grow a moustache, smile a certain way to better resemble the picture on the card.

Then when you're over the bridge, someone collects your card from you because they reuse them over and over. They are real cards which is what makes them so easy to use for getting over the border.

And don't forget the Juarez consulate killing - the killers were paid by the Juarez cartel living in El Paso to take those people out because they were selling visas to the other cartel. Visa selling has gone on at that consulate office for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 08:38 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
And almost nothing is easier to get than a border crossing card if you say you just want to come over and shop now and then.

A very large number of semi-illegals get the shopping pass and then just stay or go wherever they please after that.

They didn't cross illegally - that's not necessary at all, they are allowed to come over, and they can leave or not leave - whatever they please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
It makes sense, record deportations under obama....

There were a record number of illegal aliens invading America too.

Yup, lets give obama all the credit he deserves......
The highest levels of illegal crossings were from 1995 to 2004. Overall, with decreased crossings and enforcement measures closing on deporting 400,000 per year, there are less illegal aliens in the United States. Whether you chose to believe reports from multiple official and unofficial sources is up to you.

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 05-20-2011 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Correcting data...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top