Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I do that every time I'm given a speeding ticket. I want less enforcement. Or like the time they accused me of doing a California stop at a stop sign. LESS ENFORCEMENT!!!

I'd also like less enforcement of tax evasion laws, and maybe even littering laws -- why must I have to discard my trash in a proper container, when out-the-window would be so easy!! Darn the laws. I want less enforcement of many of them. And then there are the darn leash laws -- why can't my dogs run free???? Especially on a beach or a state park? And what of those silly laws that keep you from shooting off your legal gun at 2 am in the city? Or keep you from bringing your legal gun into a school or other public building.

Of course we'd all like less enforcement of laws that don't suit us.

Sadly though we all have laws we must follow - like them or not. Only the illegals are expected to break whatever law that doesn't suit them and be rewarded citizenship on a silver platter because they refused to respect the laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I like that, we should be able to pick and choose the laws we want to obey, and ignore the rest. That seems to be the way illegals look at it, like laws in the United States are a cafeteria. And it seems like the Department of Homeland Security, and Department of Justice are taking the same approach. Instead of enforcing ALL laws, they are picking and choosing whchi laws to enforce, and which people to enforce those laws on...let's not bother with this student who is illegal, but let's go after criminals...when THEY ARE ALL CRIMINIALS!!!

Why should they get to ignore laws? Kick them all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 11:17 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
...Instead of enforcing ALL laws, they are picking and choosing whchi laws to enforce, and which people to enforce those laws on...let's not bother with this student who is illegal, but let's go after criminals...when THEY ARE ALL CRIMINIALS!!!
Depending on the most likely age of that example illegal alien student, they probably aren't "criminal"...

Whereas all true "criminals" are "CRIMINIALS"...

Old 08-13-2011, 11:39 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
I like that, we should be able to pick and choose the laws we want to obey, and ignore the rest. That seems to be the way illegals look at it, like laws in the United States are a cafeteria. And it seems like the Department of Homeland Security, and Department of Justice are taking the same approach. Instead of enforcing ALL laws, they are picking and choosing whchi laws to enforce, and which people to enforce those laws on...let's not bother with this student who is illegal, but let's go after criminals...when THEY ARE ALL CRIMINIALS!!!

And suing the states that TRY to enforce the laws!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:24 PM

335 posts, read 328,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Well there are various crimes I think should not be crimes, laws I think should not be laws, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
I would imagine that most lawbreakers and criminals feel exactly the same way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
I would imagine that everyone feels exactly the same way.
Quote:
Fixed
Please don't change comments that are posted under my screen name. Thank you.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Depending on the most likely age of that example illegal alien student, they probably aren't "criminal"...

Whereas all true "criminals" are "CRIMINIALS"...
Obviously, you haven’t visited their DAP forum. Yes, they ARE criminals. They work using a fake or stolen SSN, lie to obtain a driver’s license in New Mexico or Washington, and conduct themselves in the same manner as their parents. They even devise plans to marry a U.S. citizen in hopes of legalizing their status. But, look who they have as role models. The old adage is true. . . . The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:53 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Gee, I don't want to pay taxes next year...like all the illegals in this country...since laws are now a cafeteria, I have decided to ignore that law. How do you think that will work for me?

Old 08-13-2011, 03:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, you haven’t visited their DAP forum. Yes, they ARE criminals. They work using a fake or stolen SSN, lie to obtain a driver’s license in New Mexico or Washington, and conduct themselves in the same manner as their parents. They even devise plans to marry a U.S. citizen in hopes of legalizing their status. But, look who they have as role models. The old adage is true. . . . The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
I am sure he would be sympathetic towards these Dreamies instead of appalled by them.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:34 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I do that every time I'm given a speeding ticket. I want less enforcement. Or like the time they accused me of doing a California stop at a stop sign. LESS ENFORCEMENT!!!

I'd also like less enforcement of tax evasion laws, and maybe even littering laws -- why must I have to discard my trash in a proper container, when out-the-window would be so easy!! Darn the laws. I want less enforcement of many of them. And then there are the darn leash laws -- why can't my dogs run free???? Especially on a beach or a state park? And what of those silly laws that keep you from shooting off your legal gun at 2 am in the city? Or keep you from bringing your legal gun into a school or other public building.

Of course we'd all like less enforcement of laws that don't suit us.

Sadly though we all have laws we must follow - like them or not. Only the illegals are expected to break whatever law that doesn't suit them and be rewarded citizenship on a silver platter because they refused to respect the laws.
Your only argument here seems to be that I'm advocating this entirely for selfish reasons. But that's not why I want less enforcement for bad laws - it's because the world would be a better place.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:39 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Your only argument here seems to be that I'm advocating this entirely for selfish reasons. But that's not why I want less enforcement for bad laws - it's because the world would be a better place.

In what way? That certainly isn't the opinion of the majority. I'm curious why that would make the world a better place.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:29 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
In what way? That certainly isn't the opinion of the majority. I'm curious why that would make the world a better place.
We can have that discussion separately - we do all the time. But the point is that there are plenty of reasons to support the lessened enforcement of bad laws - it's different than not expecting to be punished when you break them. For some reason, there has been trouble distinguishing these distinct concepts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration