Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 04:30 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They get a free K-12 education and free medical care when they go to our ER's. They also get all kinds of welfare handouts thru their anchors.
Don't forget WIC...! And hmmmm though on a state level they will be soon getting financial aid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 04:35 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Both parties are guilty of not securing our borders and not taking measures to remove incentives for illegals to come here or remain here in the past. However, at least the Republicans have tried to pass laws to discourage illegal immigration through state laws and they always get challenged by the Obama administration (Democrats).

As for the money that is spent on wars that is a separate issue. I don't always agree with it but it has nothing to do with illegal immigration.
I agree, just wanted to point at conflicts most humans have with political opinions.

The reason millions of illegals are here is that many people from all parties have interest to let them in:
1) For employers (many with conservative opinions) they are an excellent source of cheap labor, people who are afraid of the law. Its easy not to declare something undocumented in the first place.
2) Democrats envision millions of potential voters which may give them a "permanent majority"...
3) The hispanic community prefers those who make them feel at home. Now they are the "old" guard...
4) Crazed human rights activists are looking for any possible cause to harass the government.
Therefore, all these combined, proved stronger then the common sense in this case.

And today the situation deteriorated to the point that there is no practical way (regardless of money) to get rid of all illegals. If they all leave at once, many industries will simply collapse. That's a fact.

Last edited by oberon_1; 10-15-2011 at 04:45 PM..

Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the puzzle has 2 pieces its not either or its both. cut cap and balance and enforce immmigration.
e verify is a giant step forward. its about fiscal responsibility, its about people doing the job they are paid for.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:03 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I agree, just wanted to point at conflicts most humans have with political opinions.
Quote:
The reason millions of illegals are here is that many people from all parties have interest to let them in:
ohh this is going to be good...

1)
Quote:
For employers (many with conservative opinions) they are an excellent source of cheap labor, people who are afraid of the law. Its easy not to declare something undocumented in the first place.
But it is always pointed out here that the employers can bring them in free and don't need illegals.

And lots of people here have pointed out that Americans are much better workers and will work for any legal salary at this point.

So it really does not make any sense for an employer does it?

Quote:
2) Democrats envision millions of potential voters which may give them a "permanent majority"...
well perhaps in ten years and four or five states. What about the rest of the country.

Quote:
3) The hispanic community prefers those who make them feel at home. Now they are the "old" guard...
So these guys are coming in to make their predecessors feel superior? Wow

Quote:
4) Crazed human rights activists are looking for any possible cause to harass the government.
Why not just run around naked by the Lincoln memorial or something? More fun and less work.

Quote:
Therefore, all these combined, proved stronger then the common sense in this case.

And today the situation deteriorated to the point that there is no practical way (regardless of money) to get rid of all illegals. If they all leave at once, many industries will simply collapse. That's a fact.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe the illegals come for work and to make money? And then stay because they like it here?

And that the reason they got away with it was no one gave a big enough damn to stop them?

Neglect fills the causal much better than deliberate action. We are here because those who promised did not bother and no one else jumped in.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Illegal aliens don't qualify for government aid.

Next
And yet they manage to cheat the system all the same.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:15 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do you know how expensive and impossible it is to deport all illegals? Do you know how expensive it is to build a fence along the border?
Do you?

Knowledge is key ...

Old 10-15-2011, 05:17 PM

DHS confirms cheaper to deport every illegal alien than allowing them to stay - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

There was an actual official DHS release of this report, but I don't feel like finding it, so I post this link.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And yet they manage to cheat the system all the same.
Actually not in any significant way.

There is a need in the anti-ilegal community to cement their belief that these are bad people.

The hardworking Jose who just wants to make a nice living and be left alone makes it hard to maintain the bile level.

So we take what are likely true examples and pyramid them into a national problem. That the true is small and of little consequence is unimportant if it can be jawboned in a big deal.

The reason that analysis by the antis of the costs if illegals always includes the cost of their US born children...but they are not illegal...is that without that cost the cost goes away.

Why is that? Because it is the only large cost available. And any port in a storm.

Ohh there are some real costs. The one that still bugs me is the ER. We simply need to let the illegals use clinics and things or reimburse the hospitals. I just don't care for victimizating the hospitals that serve the poor because we can't otherwise deal with illegals.

But again...the antis make it politically impossible to reimburse the hospitals...and the illegals have no where else practical to go.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Don't forget WIC...! And hmmmm though on a state level they will be soon getting financial aid!
I can't say if a Mexican, Guatemalan or El Salvadoran that I see in the grocery store is an illegal immigrant just by looking at them, but I would guesstimate that about 7 out of 10 of those I see in the store use WIC. It is very sad to see them using the WIC checks at the rate they do.

I know that people who are born here speak different languages, but my gut-feeling says that the people I see came from another country. A couple times I have asked if they were from Mexico and I've always been correct, just starting a conversation while waiting in line. I want to know that I am correct that they came here instead of assuming.

So, it sucks seeing so many people that come here having to use WIC. It feels like they had no way of taking care of their responsibilities while coming here, so they ended up using government funds and the government is just letting it to continue to happen. It does feel like they are leeching off of us.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually not in any significant way.

There is a need in the anti-ilegal community to cement their belief that these are bad people.

The hardworking Jose who just wants to make a nice living and be left alone makes it hard to maintain the bile level.

So we take what are likely true examples and pyramid them into a national problem. That the true is small and of little consequence is unimportant if it can be jawboned in a big deal.

The reason that analysis by the antis of the costs if illegals always includes the cost of their US born children...but they are not illegal...is that without that cost the cost goes away.

Why is that? Because it is the only large cost available. And any port in a storm.

Ohh there are some real costs. The one that still bugs me is the ER. We simply need to let the illegals use clinics and things or reimburse the hospitals. I just don't care for victimizating the hospitals that serve the poor because we can't otherwise deal with illegals.

But again...the antis make it politically impossible to reimburse the hospitals...and the illegals have no where else practical to go.
Would you please stop living in this fantasy world where you feel like you KNOW exactly what every person who opposes illegal immigration feels about an illegal immigrant? You try to play this idea out that those of us who are against illegal immigration have no other perspective or understanding of illegal immigrants. I have known people and been either a friend or an associate with those who are here illegally, I know that all aren't bad people and have shared moments of life with them. With that said, that doesn't mean that I still don't feel the way I do about illegal immigration. There are many of us who are good people, kind, compassionate but we still want to protect the future and security of the country and our families, neighborhoods and cities.

Last edited by SoEdible; 10-15-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration