Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:14 AM

380 posts, read 709,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
The reason Newark is one of the murder capitals of America is because of all those dangerous housing projects/ghettos dominated by Blacks and Hispanics. Not because of Italian Americans. Staten Island has the largest number of Italian Americans out of the 5 boroughs and yet at the same time they have the lowest crime and murder rate out of the 5 boroughs. Staten Island for the most part is a pretty safe place to live.
I did not say that the Italians in Newark who are involved in organized crime were killing people, I said they were involved in extortion and drug trafficking. The level of violence that you reffered to is because of drug activity and I made an observation about who was supplying said product. So, in effect, they are tangentially involved in the murder/violence rate.
I got the impression that the poster was insinuating that the only group of immigrants involved in illcit activity are hispanics; so I gave her an example of another group. Also, I know of neighborhoods that are majority black and/or hispanic that are safe. There are some neighborhoods that are Italian that are not ideal places to live too; so what is your point?
So Italians in Staten Island are law abiding citizens who make up a large part of the population and blacks and hispanics make up a large part of the population in many safe neighborhoods in NJ and NYC also, but what does that have to do with the original point being made?
Organized crime is alive and well in Newark, as it has been for decades. Research the history of Newark and you will see how it has played a role in causing some of the problems and current conditions of present day Newark.
My point was that immigrant hispanics are not exclusively guilty of breaking laws once they get here. I'll bet the incidence of criminals amongst immigrant groups is the same for any other demographic of the general American population. The poster was insinuating that a majority of the 20 million plus illegal immigrants are involved in illicit behavior. Like I said, the incidence of criminal behavior is probably the same for illegal immigrants as it is for any other segment of the American population.

Last edited by contachster; 07-18-2009 at 07:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 08:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
I did not say that the Italians in Newark who are involved in organized crime were killing people, I said they were involved in extortion and drug trafficking. The level of violence that you reffered to is because of drug activity and I made an observation about who was supplying said product. So, in effect, they are tangentially involved in the murder/violence rate.
I got the impression that the poster was insinuating that the only group of immigrants involved in illcit activity are hispanics; so I gave her an example of another group. Also, I know of neighborhoods that are majority black and/or hispanic that are safe. There are some neighborhoods that are Italian that are not ideal places to live too; so what is your point?
So Italians in Staten Island are law abiding citizens who make up a large part of the population and blacks and hispanics make up a large part of the population in many safe neighborhoods in NJ and NYC also, but what does that have to do with the original point being made?
Organized crime is alive and well in Newark, as it has been for decades. Research the history of Newark and you will see how it has played a role in causing some of the problems and current conditions of present day Newark.
My point was that immigrant hispanics are not exclusively guilty of breaking laws once they get here. I'll bet the incidence of criminals amongst immigrant groups is the same for any other demographic of the general American population. The poster was insinuating that a majority of the 20 million plus illegal immigrants are involved in illicit behavior. Like I said, the incidence of criminal behavior is probably the same for illegal immigrants as it is for any other segment of the American population.
No insinuations here at all: factoring in ID theft, non reporting of income among many other crimes----------I can safely say that 100% of all illegal aliens are involved in illicit behavior.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:51 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
Most Mexican are descendants of the Aztec peoples. Only about 9% of the Mexican population can be considered white like Vincente Fox. The other 91% of the population is either mestizo or indigenous. There are many Mexicans in the Chiapas region speaking their indigenous language. Although the vast majority of all Mexicans speak Spanish.
I love those convenient misconceptions continually perpetuated by those who believe that Aztec ancestry is a given for all those of "Mexican" descent.

The Aztecs were descendents of the Toltecs (and other indigenous tribes) who migrated from the northern part of modern day Mexico southward to what is now the area of Mexico City. The "Aztec Empire" was in existence a mere 150 years and they were not, as many seem wont to believe, some ancient race of wise, astronomer priests, They were violent, they indulged in human sacrifice and rampantly waged war upon neighboring tribes, demanding exhorbitant tributes in exchange for "allowing" the other tribes to exist and taking prisoners at will to be murdered in a most horrendous fashion for their religious activities as well as for their own entertainment.

It should absolutely come as no surprise that when the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire began in 1519, the comparitively small Spanish army was enthusiastically joined by the Tlaxcala, a confederation of four indigenous tribes: Ocotelolco, Quiahuiztlan, Tepeticpac and Tizatlan, along with other Aztec victims, I mean neighbors.

By the time conquest was achieved in August of 1521, there were few Aztec left, which in itself begs the question, how is it possible for so many modern day Mexicans to be descended from the Aztecs when they were nearly annihilated by the conquest?

I mean, insisting upon Aztec descendancy for the majority of Mexicans would be like me insisting that my Scottish ancestors most certainly had to be Picts.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:54 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you wanted an honest answer to what happened to your country, here it is: The people who control the world and make the presidents and kings decided to move their investments out of the West and into India and China a number of years ago (to avoid the high cost of business with unions, EPA, OSHA, etc). They intend for their investments to pay off and they don't care even the slightest bit about what happens to average Americans. We've been sold out and "you ain't seen nuthin' yet". Get ready for the Greater World Depression. Illegals trespassing into our country will stop as jobs disappear. There won't be any jobs "Americans won't take". We are stupidly fighting amongst ourselves as the real criminals are stealing the entire wealth of western civilization.
that is a well written post, except i do think that americans still have the right to object to be forced (as taxpayers) to finance illegal immigrant lawbreakers. as for the legal immigrants we are all in the same boat so good luck to all of us!

Old 07-18-2009, 09:57 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
The poster was insinuating that a majority of the 20 million plus illegal immigrants are involved in illicit behavior.
Every single one of them is. Illegal immigration IS illicit - in and of itself. It's a violation of the law no matter how badly you don't want it to be.

Not to mention all the other crimes they commit.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Every single one of them is. Illegal immigration IS illicit - in and of itself. It's a violation of the law no matter how badly you don't want it to be.

That's true....bottom line. Illegal immigration is a violation of the law...PERIOD. It always has been..but today, its importance, and its sheer numbers, are exploding in scale.

Just the simple act of "Crossing an international boundary", without permission, and without going through the proper 'channels', is, in itself, a violation....and I suspect that almost NO ONE on this forum doesn't know that. When 'crossing illegally' leads to then 'staying on, illegally', the crime is compounded...

No reasonable person is going to say that illegal immigration is the WORST crime in the world....or that it's violent. But it IS an 'enormous' problem, and it's putting an enormous strain on our system....and, as such, it's causing increasing disgust and dismay....and an increasing determination to 'do something about it'.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
That's true....bottom line. Illegal immigration is a violation of the law...PERIOD. It always has been..but today, its importance, and its sheer numbers, are exploding in scale.

Just the simple act of "Crossing an international boundary", without permission, and without going through the proper 'channels', is, in itself, a violation....and I suspect that almost NO ONE on this forum doesn't know that. When 'crossing illegally' leads to then 'staying on, illegally', the crime is compounded...

No reasonable person is going to say that illegal immigration is the WORST crime in the world....or that it's violent. But it IS an 'enormous' problem, and it's putting an enormous strain on our system....and, as such, it's causing increasing disgust and dismay....and an increasing determination to 'do something about it'.
The anger is growing-----------especially with so many Americans out of work.

Needless to say: the bit about 'they (the illegals) are only doing the jobs that Americans won't do' is now a fallacy. I have noticed that here in Arizona seeing many a stereotypically 'Anglo' looking White person doing landscaping in the summer sun in the last year or so.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:11 PM

380 posts, read 709,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

What are all the other crimes that they are commiting? If you are refering to falsely applying for welfare programs, this is not true.The illegal immigrants who apply for welfare and other programs do so through their American born children. A person who is in the country illegally cannot qualify themselves for any welfare or food stamps. But the poster who I was originally replying to was suggesting that a majority of illegal immigrants are involved in criminal behavior BESIDES being in the country without permission. What types of crimes are you, afoigrokerkok, and the other poster reffering to? Are you suggesting that most illegal immigrants are involved in crimes such as: vandalism, purse-snatching, auto theft; or are most illegal immigrants bank robbers, arsonists, and/or murders? What I was saying is that besides being in the country illegally they are not involved in a life of breaking local or state laws at a rate higher than any other segment of the population. Or do you think differently?

Old 07-18-2009, 02:59 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
What I was saying is that besides being in the country illegally they are not involved in a life of breaking local or state laws at a rate higher than any other segment of the population.
Look at the illegal alien crime wave thread on this forum for a lovely sampling of just a few of the many crimes they're committing.

And, as far a specific crime that they commit at a much higher rate than most others, identity theft is one - without a doubt.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
What are all the other crimes that they are commiting? If you are refering to falsely applying for welfare programs, this is not true.The illegal immigrants who apply for welfare and other programs do so through their American born children. A person who is in the country illegally cannot qualify themselves for any welfare or food stamps. But the poster who I was originally replying to was suggesting that a majority of illegal immigrants are involved in criminal behavior BESIDES being in the country without permission. What types of crimes are you, afoigrokerkok, and the other poster reffering to? Are you suggesting that most illegal immigrants are involved in crimes such as: vandalism, purse-snatching, auto theft; or are most illegal immigrants bank robbers, arsonists, and/or murders? What I was saying is that besides being in the country illegally they are not involved in a life of breaking local or state laws at a rate higher than any other segment of the population. Or do you think differently?
Does to matter?

We have enough US citizen scum as it is-----------we certainly do not need the additional riffraff (illegal aliens) from Mexico or any place else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration