Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
This isn't economics. We must address both the supply and the demand. Logic says that if there wasn't a supply, over time there wouldn't be a demand.
The supply is NEVER going anywhere, and neither is the demand. Folks want dope, other folks wanna sell dope. Neither can be stopped.

So you use the muscle in your head and legalize it. It's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 11:57 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Mexicans have been running dope across the border for decades. This isn't something new.
The violence between cartels, threats and attacks on law enforcement and their families has escalated in recent years. Guys I work with who still have family in Mexico use to visit them all the time and are now afraid to visit, and if they do visit they stick to the house and don't wander around. They tell me stories of what is happening there and why they're concerned to go there, that the cartels are ruthless, and those kind of people coming through a ranchers land could understandably cause one to be concerned for his and his families' safety. What I don't understand why you can't admit that you can understand their concerns.

Quote:
So tell me, in all of these years and decades, why haven't there been a slew of farmers and ranchers killed...or at least hurt?
There have been, they've been listed previously in this very thread. Look back.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:04 AM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
The supply is NEVER going anywhere, and neither is the demand. Folks want dope, other folks wanna sell dope. Neither can be stopped.

So you use the muscle in your head and legalize it. It's that simple.

You gotta love quiters who surrender when the fighting gets tough!

We can always use the muscle in our heads and find ways to stop it. Or atleast minimize its impact.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:00 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
I have cousins in far-South, Texas that own a ranch and another cousin was working on it with them this past summer. He drove into the gates in one of their vehicles and right past his own truck that an illegal alien was driving. Chase ensued of course, and the illegal got out and ran like heck. Called Border patrol but the runner of course got away. I've heard worse stories so safer? Only according to MSMedia. They aren't doing their job unless they're lieing about something.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:20 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
If Mexican drug dealers didn't supply the drugs, there would be no demand.

Cut off the supply, and the demand will eventually fade.

Now thats funny!

Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
This isn't economics. We must address both the supply and the demand. Logic says that if there wasn't a supply, over time there wouldn't be a demand.

So if all farms went under , people would eventualy stop demading food?

Old 11-27-2011, 04:26 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
US ranchers: We live in fear along Mexican border - Nightly News - msnbc.com

"The Obama administration and many local officials have said the U.S.-Mexican border is safer than ever and that reports of violence on the American side are wildly exaggerated. But the farmer scoffed at that argument. "I walk this soil every day and have since I was old enough to come out on my own," he said. "In this part of Texas, it is worse than it's ever been."

I side with the Farmers. They deal with the issue every single day.

Do Politicians really expect us to believe the border is secure? Really?

I cannot imagine living in fear on a daily basis. You can even feel safe in your own home...and the government chooses to joke about it instead. I bet these farmers and many other folks who live close the border didn't find the "moat with Alligators" joke funny at all.
I have friends on the border who say its like the wild west. They go nowhere unarmed and have to stay heavily armed iside their farmhouse

Old 11-27-2011, 08:11 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Too bad the posse comitatus act prevents this.
No, it does not.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
Some of you folks on here are kidding, right? TIC or sarcasm? Surely some of you can't be so ignorant of the cartels that are smuggling not only through fences and private land, but through underground bunker-type passageways? Have you really not seen the news stories on this for ten years? Did you really not read that the 'kidnapping capitol of the world' was Phoenix, Arizona - because the cartels are kidnapping and demanding ransom from both Mexican and American families, with murders and beheadings and all sorts of accompanying violence?

Drugs sales are not the soporific "hey, dude, you carryin'?" of the 70s, where everyone had a plant in their closet or basement, and grew "Acupulco Gold!" or "SC ****eweed" from their own seeds... since the Drug War started, it has become a black-market business, with murder and terror as its only enforcement. Banning drugs has proven to become as ineffective as Prohibition, and has encouraged the same results - with bigger guns, more slaughter, and bigger profits. Those who stand in their way - be they law enforcement in Detroit, border guards in Texas, or Native Americans on reservations - are being threatened and slaughtered. One mild-mannered Nebraska State patrolman, who has spent the last two years busting car-and truck-loads of drugs and illegal aliens on the sole interstate in Nebraska, has had a contract put out on him by the cartels. So it is not merely a border-state problem, it is a national problem.

Pretend it doesn't affect you if you like, and ignore what is happening across the states and even in your town. The cartels depend on your ignorance and even your insistence that it isn't a big deal, to continue their business, their kidnappings, their murders, their bloody threats, recriminations, and reprisals. What's some stupid cowboy out herding cattle, or some idiot sugar-cane harvester, to them? Nothing but a nuisance to be gotten rid of. When, in 5 years, you become the nuisance, they'll get rid of you just as violently and quickly. Better you should stay behind your steel and locked doors when the gunfire goes off at night, and go on pretending that it's ok for them to still cross those borders; after all, it doesn't affect you.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
The violence between cartels, threats and attacks on law enforcement and their families has escalated in recent years. Guys I work with who still have family in Mexico use to visit them all the time and are now afraid to visit, and if they do visit they stick to the house and don't wander around. They tell me stories of what is happening there and why they're concerned to go there, that the cartels are ruthless, and those kind of people coming through a ranchers land could understandably cause one to be concerned for his and his families' safety. What I don't understand why you can't admit that you can understand their concerns.

There have been, they've been listed previously in this very thread. Look back.
Uh, because i don't care about what's happening in Mexico. I live in the United States. If they bring that violence here in a big way, then i have a problem. If some Mexican American can't wander around Mexico like they used to, that aint my problem. Hell...there are a lot of unsafe nations around the world.

And no, there hasn't been a list of a bunch of farmers and ranchers killed by the Cartels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration