Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:46 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Not a surprise considering NAFTA opened the floodgates for American companies to go there. Anyone who has been to any Mexican city of any decent size sees McDonalds, Starbucks, Wendys, KFC, etc. America's biggest export is obesity.
If that's Mexico's answer for its problems; blame everyone else instead of its own failings, then Mexico is truly a mess.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Are you discussing Mexican people? Starving isn't an issue in Mexico. Obesity IS. So having to go back home to Mexico unlike maybe Somalia isn't a death sentence.
Yes, Mexico is the Number One country in obesity rates. We're only second.

It's a pure lie that the pro-open borders crowd likes to put out that all the people in Mexico are starving to death.

You can travel all over Mexico and not see one starved to death person, however there may be meth addicts who are on the skinny side -- just like in the USA, or parents who neglect their children.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:41 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If that's Mexico's answer for its problems; blame everyone else instead of its own failings, then Mexico is truly a mess.
Not only that but their native diet is full of fat and calories. So blaming U.S. fast food restaurants for that alone is ludicrous.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:46 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I could tell you what cultural values we don't share with certain ethnic groups but that is a topic for another forum.
In question was countries that share "American cultural values", but if you want to make it about ethnic groupings, go right ahead...

I thought that illegal immigration wasn't supposed to be about race...

Old 12-31-2011, 09:49 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
We definitely need to increase the legal immigration paths, though I'd rather there was some balance, with more Europeans, Aussies, Canadians, and other peoples who share American cultural values instead of mostly Hispanics.
Every time others accuse the anti-illegal immigration people of having these views they are attacked.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:56 AM

387 posts, read 337,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
People are talking about starving Mexicans. I pointed out that most Mexicans aren't starving. In fact most are fat. Another poster talked about people who make three dollars an hour. I pointed out that most people consider it grossly irresponsible to have children when you cannot support yourself.

The implication was that we are heartless to ask people to go back to a country where more than the people half are fat and that it is okay to have children when you cannot support yourself. Those implications are ridiculous.
Source for the "starving Mexicans"? Any number of the purported stories about support for illegals turn out to be right wing myths. I suspect this is one.

Or is it a private myth of Elenora?

Old 12-31-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Source for the "starving Mexicans"? Any number of the purported stories about support for illegals turn out to be right wing myths. I suspect this is one.

Or is it a private myth of Elenora?
The OP never said Mexicans were starving, but rather that they should be starved. Big difference

Old 12-31-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Oh, I'm not going to get into that red herring, IBM. I realize that no matter what I respond with you can attack me on that, because "culture" is vague and hard to pin down. Just concentrate on the important parts of the post, not that casual opinion.
I would point out that the DREAMIES are virtually perfect cultural fits but are rejected here.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The OP never said Mexicans were starving, but rather that they should be starved. Big difference
Eleanora clearly states that "starving Mexicans" is a standard defense of open borders. I don't think so. Would you care to cite a few examples of where illegal supporters claim people are starving in Mexico?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Eleanora clearly states that "starving Mexicans" is a standard defense of open borders. I don't think so. Would you care to cite a few examples of where illegal supporters claim people are starving in Mexico?
I didn't notice her post. I personally haven't heard any supporters of illegal immigrants using the "starving" argument.

I was referring to the title of the OP, in which the OP suggested that starving illegals is a good way to get rid of them. Such a warm Christmas time sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration