Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:47 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants from India on the rise, stealing your high-tech jobs.

Quote:
The fastest-growing group of illegal immigrants in the United States doesn't speak Spanish. They typically aren't found at day labor sites or streaming across the Southwest border into the U.S.

Instead, they're here in America working in tech companies, small businesses, as engineers or other highly skilled jobs. And they're coming from India.
Illegal immigrants from India are fastest growing | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM

Nobody cares about the educated, quiet illegal Indians making 100k a year, but we care about the illegal Mexicans making $11 a day?

Is this forum really about illegals, or about how much Americans dislike poverished Mexicans?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
There is a differance between ILLEGAL immigration and LEGAL immigration but we are also watching the legal immigration (mostly Indians) that are brought here to take our jobs. If you go to the threads about the Dream Act they are addressing that problem and calls need to be made TODAY to oppose it.

Also it is not the Indians that are filling our prisons and jails and commiting an enormous amount of crime. Everyone is against ILLEGAL immigration no matter where they come from. Mexico gets all the attention because the vast amount of illegals come from there. It is also the Mexicans that are very vocal and in our streets making demands they have no right to. If someone talks behind your back you are not aware of it. If someone spits in your face you have to take notice!

Last edited by citigirl; 09-17-2007 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: gimmie a "d"

Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 AM

64 posts, read 132,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Is this forum really about illegals, or about how much Americans dislike poverished Mexicans?
I think we dislike the crime, poverty, gangs, negative social values, and other society ills that come with massive, uncontrolled, third world immigration (legal and illegal) from Latin America.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times
Quote:
Nobody cares about the educated, quiet illegal Indians making 100k a year, but we care about the illegal Mexicans making $11 a day?

Bull crap! Illegal is illegal. Race hasn't got a thing to do with it.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:45 PM

537 posts, read 441,378 times
Quote:

I am sorry for your lack of debate skills and that is always what is meant when people start throwing the race and/or bigotry card around. I do want you to know that it means nothing anymore because it has been so overused.

Everyone does care about about too much immiugration, legal and illegal. You talk about people being racist because they have a problem with illegals but yet, you do nothing but stereotype others. Tit for tat I see and that shows a lot about you.

BTW, I know of no illegal that makes as little as $11 a day. I have no idea where you get your information but you are wrong once again.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
I am sorry for your lack of debate skills and that is always what is meant when people start throwing the race and/or bigotry card around. I do want you to know that it means nothing anymore because it has been so overused.

Everyone does care about about too much immiugration, legal and illegal. You talk about people being racist because they have a problem with illegals but yet, you do nothing but stereotype others. Tit for tat I see and that shows a lot about you.

BTW, I know of no illegal that makes as little as $11 a day. I have no idea where you get your information but you are wrong once again.
There is debate going on here?

I have posted a link that shows Indians are the fasting growing illegal aliens here...but nobody seems to care. So my guess is that this is a forum about Mexicans.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:11 PM

115 posts, read 335,775 times
Indians? Illegal? LOL. what do they do swim across the ocean under cover of night????

that is such BS. Indians come here legally and the only thing they do that pisses me off is take jobs from the americans .. BUT they take those jobs legally.

Mexicans come under the cover of night walking through our desert and swimming across the Rio Grande pay no taxes, steal identities, under cut our jobs that americans need to survivor and mooch off our welfare system

Indians are welcome. ILLEGAL mexicans are not

Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by francej16 View Post
Indians? Illegal? LOL. what do they do swim across the ocean under cover of night????

that is such BS. Indians come here legally and the only thing they do that pisses me off is take jobs from the americans .. BUT they take those jobs legally.

Mexicans come under the cover of night walking through our desert and swimming across the Rio Grande pay no taxes, steal identities, under cut our jobs that americans need to survivor and mooch off our welfare system

Indians are welcome. ILLEGAL mexicans are not

Did you even read the article? It is pretty easy actually, you get a visa, you fly in and you overstay your visa.

So because Indians come over on US Air versus the Rio Grande it is ok to be illegal?

NO they are taking 80-100k high tech jobs working at start-ups, probably in a local city near you, paying no taxes I might add.

Read the article at least before you comment.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:41 PM

537 posts, read 441,378 times
Quote:
There is debate going on here?

I have posted a link that shows Indians are the fasting growing illegal aliens here...but nobody seems to care. So my guess is that this is a forum about Mexicans.
Indians, Mexicans or whomever...ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL and we want them ALL out now!!!! WQhat problem do you have with that anyway??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration