Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,426,721 times

Advertisements

Myth: Mexican "illegals" are "parasites" who want a free-ride from the U.S.

My experience has been the opposite. Everytime I walk in downtown area of any American city, I am constantly approached by the poor looking for a handout ("Spare change for a cup of coffee?" "Spare change for a bite to eat?" "Spare change for a beer?"). Living and working in downtown Santa Cruz, I am confronted each and every day by apparently healthy able-bodied young men wanting a handout.

Moderator cut: copyright: please click on link for rest of article

Credit to Chris Schefler: Racist Myths about Mexican Immigrants

Last edited by jco; 09-20-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 11:46 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,287,590 times
Are Mexicans a "race"? Last I checked, Mexicans come in many different shades, from the rich white Spaniards who haven't a drop of indigenous blood, to oppressed indigenous people, without a drop of white Spanish blood.

The staunchest supporters of illegal immigration from Mexico into the United States are the white Mexican ruling class, because they ship their brown, indigenous population to the US because THEY don't want to deal with them and then call Americans RACIST for resisting the flood of poor people (and really, we have enough of our own to take care of first, thank you).

What IS Mexico's rationale for having harsh illegal immigration policies of its own on ITS Southern border, btw?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:46 AM

3,080 posts, read 11,030,592 times
Hm, I'd suggest that those myths aren't really racist, but you're going to have plenty of hate and vitriol directed at you shortly.

I will say that I agree that the myths are generally not true for the majority of illegal immigrants. Some parts do apply to a small % of illegals, but then again, you could say the same thing for a small % of US citizens.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:48 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,287,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
The anti-immigrant folks never seem to give a second thought to rich U.S. farmers who knowingly employ undocumented workers at sub-standard wages (and in sub-standard conditions). Such employers are a major source of the draw of immigrants into California, but are rarely if ever portrayed as criminals who deserve to be "severely punished".
Are you kidding me? Even on THIS weird immigration forum there are PLENTY of people who want to hang the companies who hire illegals out to dry!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:58 AM

3,672 posts, read 10,566,374 times
On the whole I can agree with much of your post. I do have a couple of reservations, however.

You make a statement that the US stole California. That only tips your hand and reveals your motivation for the content of the post. The US did not steal California since it was purchased from the legally elected president of Mexico along with much of the remainder of the US. I have never heard anyone complain that Idaho was stolen by the US and it was in the same purchase.

You make a claim that illegal immigrants are not criminals when they have violated US law by entering the US without use of the legally proscribed methods. That in itself constitutes illegal activity and makes them criminals. Just because they are not 100% violent does not alleviate their criminal status. US citizens who perpetrate insurance fraud, tax fraud, run stoplights, park illegally and take illegal drugs are also criminals even though they may not own a gun and never enter a liquor store to rob it.

Aside from those obvious blindspots to reality, I can go along with the general virtue of the rest of your propaganda statement.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:09 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,426,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
On the whole I can agree with much of your post. I do have a couple of reservations, however.

You make a statement that the US stole California. That only tips your hand and reveals your motivation for the content of the post. The US did not steal California since it was purchased from the legally elected president of Mexico along with much of the remainder of the US. I have never heard anyone complain that Idaho was stolen by the US and it was in the same purchase.

You make a claim that illegal immigrants are not criminals when they have violated US law by entering the US without use of the legally proscribed methods. That in itself constitutes illegal activity and makes them criminals. Just because they are not 100% violent does not alleviate their criminal status. US citizens who perpetrate insurance fraud, tax fraud, run stoplights, park illegally and take illegal drugs are also criminals even though they may not own a gun and never enter a liquor store to rob it.

Aside from those obvious blindspots to reality, I can go along with the general virtue of the rest of your propaganda statement.
Well it was bought by force, if you know what I mean:

Using Texas to Get California

While Texas was ratifying its annexation to the United States...

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted material

Reference:President Polk and the Taking of the West (http://www.crf-usa.org/bria/bria20_1a.htm - broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 12-12-2007 at 01:38 AM..

Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,620,240 times
Instead of quoting articles, why dont you post some actual statistics about what you calim. From reputable sources? I amean when we post articles you calim them to be made up and that we need to post facts and statistics. Show me a statistic that says, the dont bleed our hospitals, taxes, schools, welfare, that it isnt a crime to break our immigration laws. Show me photos and videos where they are not waving mexican flags and chanting long live mexico. Show me where they are not dropping babies in our hospitals and not paying the bills, show me where schools are not dropping programs in favor of ESl and free lunches, show me where it isnt true they buy false papers and SS#'s, show me where they are not trashing the border or shooting at agents. I want real numbers not some article by a supporter of illegals. And again, since some can not grasp the thoguht, this isnt about just mexicans or canadians or indians or chinese or Irish, it is about ILLEGAL!!!!!!! I am 1/2 Irish, do I get offened when people bring up Irish illegals, Or call Germans Nazi's , NO!!!! I am not an Irish American or a German American, but an AMERICAN. But I see you call yourself an Mexican American. Why?

Old 09-20-2007, 12:25 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,062,874 times
Everyone keeps saying we should separate "immigration" from "race". Yet the OP talks only of Mexicans.

What would the OP say for all the other illegal immigrants here in the USA? There are PLENTY of them! Does he advocate shipping 'em all back because they're here illegally? Then any and all arguments he makes in the first post are moot. They're here ILLEGALLY. They should go home. If they want to come here by legal means, then WELCOME TO THE USA.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:27 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,620,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post
Everyone keeps saying we should separate "immigration" from "race". Yet the OP talks only of Mexicans.

What would the OP say for all the other illegal immigrants here in the USA? There are PLENTY of them! Does he advocate shipping 'em all back because they're here illegally? Then any and all arguments he makes in the first post are moot. They're here ILLEGALLY. They should go home. If they want to come here by legal means, then WELCOME TO THE USA.
it is a concept they cannot seem to grasp. Illegal go home, legal, welcome, no matter the race.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:29 PM

537 posts, read 437,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
He probably has a new family member who is half mexican.
I beg your pardon!!!! I have family members who happen to be of Mexican descent and they are fine people. What you said to Mach50 is and was wrong. I argue with him all of the tim e but that was a nasty thing to say to someone.

I have to say that much of what he posted is what the pro-illegal lobby wants people to think. Some of it is true but once someone has entered the country illegally then they are nothing but a criminal. The reason is that even though it is only a misdemeanor to enter illegally, it is a damn felony to do it after one has been deported, as it is a felony to steal or just use a fake or forged or stolen ID, like most of them do. So, that in it self is nothing but propaganda. They can't possibly be law abiding people since they thought nothing of breaking our laws to get here and to stay here.

The next thing about the U.S. stealing the land. I am so sick of this out and out LIE that is passed around by the pro-illegal people. The facts are that countries take land when they win wars. I guss that Mach50 thinks the same way about Israel or even Mexico, who stole parts of their own land. The U.S. paid for all of the land that we now occupy and it matters not about the violence Mach50 makes a big deal about. Look at the way Mexico is "stealing" our land these days and is quite open about it by saying that by demographics they will take our country.

These racist reconquesta's at la voz advocates for the total demise of all white Americans.
Voz de Aztlan: Hispanofacist groups laud suicide bombers- sees immigration protests as beginning of demographic takeover of U.S. - Militant Islam Monitor - Militant Islam Monitor

Click the next link and read all of the bigoted and racist statements by Hispanics against anyone who happens to not be Hispanic in the U.S.
Audio clips of the true agenda of the Illegal Alien Lobby - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION

I am just sick of people acting like white people are the only ones who can possibly be racist and/or bigoted, when in fact some of the most hateful things these days comes from Hispanics. Please stop acting like only Hispanics or Mexicans can or can't be racist and/or bigoted. They come in all flavors. The pro-illegal agenda though, is to always cry racism, personal attack, and whatever else they can yell and post and say to get the subject changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration