Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 02:21 AM

547 posts, read 1,185,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Hopefully now you can see why this whole illegal campaign could be deemed racist.

Canada has terrorists in it, yet the American government doesn't care about that border.
Mexico has impoverished workers and ghettos, let's secure that border.

Is it just a coincidence that Mexico has brown people in it and Canada is mostly white?
Could you see the logic of people thinking this is racist/ethnically biased?
Personally I don't have anything AT ALL against Mexican people. I find them to be exceptionally warm and friendly. I will always welcome them into our country with open arms as long as they enter legally. For this reason I don't understand why you have called me a racist in other threads. #1 You don't know me at all. For all you know I could be a legal Mexican immigrant. #2 I have always stated I am against illegal immigration and the drain it is causing on our resources because we cannot handle the sheer numbers. I have NEVER stated I am against Mexican illegal immigrants above others. Nor will I ever.
This doesn't seem to matter to you. You are bound and determined to call people racist. I have no idea why you are so inclined to do so. All I did was ask you why you feel the way you do. I guess you didn't like that.
Could it be people who mention cracking down on the Mexican border instead of the Canadian border do so because the number of illegal Mexicans is extremely high and the number of illegal Canadians is extremely low? Why do you jump right to the color of ones skin as the reason? I don't look for racism everywhere and I'm very sorry that you apparently do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 6,457 times
Default Research what you are talking about

I believe if all the people in the country--some educated, some ignorant--who were offering their opinions on this issue actually did some research into the subject, they might not have so xenophobic of an outlook. I did. See Mexican Illegal Immigrants - The Rest Of The Story - Home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration