Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Hopefully now you can see why this whole illegal campaign could be deemed racist.

Canada has terrorists in it, yet the American government doesn't care about that border.
Mexico has impoverished workers and ghettos, let's secure that border.

Is it just a coincidence that Mexico has brown people in it and Canada is mostly white?
Could you see the logic of people thinking this is racist/ethnically biased?
Do you want to know why? Canadians are not protesting against us, draining our systems and trying to make us live the way they do. I dont care what color a person is, this is about protecting America and it's citizens, not about keeping people of color out. Come legally as my families did and they way so many waiting are trying to do. Illegals are no better than the people waiting to do it legally so why do they act like they are and deserve more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:36 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
How is the problem greater on the Southern border if Terrorists which we are supposivly at war with are in Canada and not Mexico?

terrorists come in both ways, and as soon as they realize how easy it is either way, we are done.

It is worse on the southern border because they are as much of a threat to us as the terroists are. And their numbers far out weigh the terrorists. If we want to stop terrorists and illegals, we have to close both borders.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:36 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
I answered this; we are heading there and if it were up to me NO.
I don't like the wall being built either. It is uncivil and headed in the wrong direction.

You do realize that Mexico is trying to reform those old immigration laws right? So actually they are headed in the right direction....humanity.

I do think Mexico needs to take some of the people patrolling the Southern Border and Patrol the North for their own national security.
September 5, 2007
Dobbs: Mexican president's blatant hypocrisy:
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Mexican President Felipe Calderon Sunday demanded the United States surrender its sovereignty, abandon the rule of law and accede to Mexico's inherent supremacy.

"I have said that Mexico does not stop at its border, that wherever there is a Mexican, there is Mexico. And, for this reason, the government action on behalf of our countrymen is guided by principles, for the defense and protection of their rights."

Calderon protested the U.S. government's increased raids on illegal employers of illegal alien employees and work site enforcement. In what is little more than a faint nod

Calderon told the Washington Post more than a year ago that he believes laws are not a relative concept, nor subject to a personal concept of justice.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
terrorists come in both ways, and as soon as they realize how easy it is either way, we are done.

It is worse on the southern border because they are as much of a threat to us as the terroists are. And their numbers far out weigh the terrorists. If we want to stop terrorists and illegals, we have to close both borders.
Show me a source.

Or are you saying that illegals are terrorists? Because if so, this argument serves no purpose if you actually believe that an ally and trade partner are sending mexican terrorists to the US. Based on what Miborn keeps on posting, it almost seems like he believes that the Mexican president is a terrorist.

I think you are getting a bit delusional in your patriotism, sorry to say.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Yes there are illegals that are terrorists.In fact they believe that Tucson AZ is one of the main entrances for people of like the Arabic type people.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yes there are illegals that are terrorists.In fact they believe that Tucson AZ is one of the main entrances for people of like the Arabic type people.
Show me something solid, not just speculation.
There are plenty of solid reports of Canada having terrorists though, but let's spend the billions on keeping that latin invasion out...

Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Hopefully now you can see why this whole illegal campaign could be deemed racist.

Canada has terrorists in it, yet the American government doesn't care about that border.
Mexico has impoverished workers and ghettos, let's secure that border.

Is it just a coincidence that Mexico has brown people in it and Canada is mostly white?
America does care about that border.. The Canadian gov is doing a great job to do their part in stopping illegals from entering both ways.

Canada is a multicultural, multi-ethnic society that welcomes immigrants from across the globe.
Not surprisingly, people from the south-Asian countries, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh have also migrated to different parts of the country.

Among the top ten countries where immigrants to Canada originated include China, India, the Philippines, Pakistan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Iran, S. Korea, Poland and Russia.

I hope that this helps.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
America does care about that border.. The Canadian gov is doing a great job to do their part in stopping illegals from entering both ways.

Canada is a multicultural, multi-ethnic society that welcomes immigrants from across the globe.
Not surprisingly, people from the south-Asian countries, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh have also migrated to different parts of the country.

Among the top ten countries where immigrants to Canada originated include China, India, the Philippines, Pakistan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Iran, S. Korea, Poland and Russia.

I hope that this helps.
2 questions:

We are at war with terrorists right?

Terrorists were found by the US Government to be in Cananda:
Jihad Watch: U.S.: Canada is terrorist haven
Quote:
Canada has been branded a "favoured destination for terrorists and international criminals" by the research arm of the U.S. Congress.
If terrorist were found in Canada, why are we securing the border with Mexico?

My answer is: Political scapegoat for losing the war on Terrorism.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
I'm sorry, but.... I didn't realize tens of thousands of Canadians were streaming across the border illegally everyday through well defined smuggling routes and systems like they are SOUTH of the border!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm sorry, but.... I didn't realize tens of thousands of Canadians were streaming across the border illegally everyday through well defined smuggling routes and systems like they are SOUTH of the border!
Terrorists...not Canadians.

It sounds like everyone here no longer cares about the real terrorists and Mexicans are now the terrorists. Keep believing what you are fed by politicians and the news, and continue to blame Mexicans for the problems of this country.

Again Mexicans have been coming into this country for decades, this isn't new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration