Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:15 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Show me something solid, not just speculation.
There are plenty of solid reports of Canada having terrorists though, but let's spend the billions on keeping that latin invasion out...
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Investigators: Terrorist Alley (http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2172749 - broken link)
Investigators: Terrorist Alley:
Illegals from terrorist nations are crossing the border into Arizona....

It's a Muslim prayer blanket. It was found about a mile and a half west from the Douglas port of entry in 2001."
Larry Vance is a rancher who lives near the U.S.-Mexico border in Douglas, Arizona.

For years, he says he's watched - and documented - thousands of illegals crossing the border and running away to eventual arrest... or freedom and anonymity somewhere in this country.

Colonel Anderson says these Special Interest Aliens originate in the Middle East or Northeast Asia. They travel through Spain to what's called the tri-border area of Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay, then, to Mexico City.

They pay to learn Spanish language skills, and by the time they reach the U.S., they're acting and talking like Mexicans to fool border agents.

And, Anderson says, they're entering the United States right through our backyard. "This is the main alley. It's called "Cocaine Alley" or "Terrorist Alley." Whatever you want to call it, Arizona is the prime place."

Take for example, the capture of terrorist suspect Jose Padilla. The Justice Department says Padilla and an accomplice planned to enter the U.S. thru Mexico to blow up apartment buildings in major cities, like New York.

Or the case of suspected al-Qaeda sleeper agent Mohammed Junaid Babar.

Babar has told investigators of a scheme to smuggle terrorists across the Mexican border. He's tied to a terror plot to carry out bombings and assassinations in London.

And the Tombstone Tumbleweed newspaper reports that in June, 53 Middle Eastern men were apprehended by Border Patrol agents near Willcox.

It's believed they were from Iran or Syria.

Border Patrol Council President T.J. Bonner says, "You don't know what is getting by you unless you come across, as you said, small pieces of evidence, remnants of things that give you clues, that not everybody is coming across from mexico looking for a job."

Tancredo says some illegals from terrorist nations are paying as much as $50,000 to be smuggled in. He says they're not paying that kind of money simply to work at a 7/11.

I hope that this is enough information.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Terrorists...not Canadians.

It sounds like everyone here no longer cares about the real terrorists and Mexicans are now the terrorists. Keep believing what you are fed by politicians and the news, and continue to blame Mexicans for the problems of this country.

Again Mexicans have been coming into this country for decades, this isn't new.
Not at the numbers they are now. And in the Western days!!!! There was no welfare for them! so they truly had to work their asses off to get anything.

Now they just have to lift a hand to sign the welfare papers.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Investigators: Terrorist Alley (http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2172749 - broken link)
Investigators: Terrorist Alley:
Illegals from terrorist nations are crossing the border into Arizona....

It's a Muslim prayer blanket. It was found about a mile and a half west from the Douglas port of entry in 2001."
Larry Vance is a rancher who lives near the U.S.-Mexico border in Douglas, Arizona.

For years, he says he's watched - and documented - thousands of illegals crossing the border and running away to eventual arrest... or freedom and anonymity somewhere in this country.

Colonel Anderson says these Special Interest Aliens originate in the Middle East or Northeast Asia. They travel through Spain to what's called the tri-border area of Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay, then, to Mexico City.

They pay to learn Spanish language skills, and by the time they reach the U.S., they're acting and talking like Mexicans to fool border agents.

And, Anderson says, they're entering the United States right through our backyard. "This is the main alley. It's called "Cocaine Alley" or "Terrorist Alley." Whatever you want to call it, Arizona is the prime place."

Take for example, the capture of terrorist suspect Jose Padilla. The Justice Department says Padilla and an accomplice planned to enter the U.S. thru Mexico to blow up apartment buildings in major cities, like New York.

Or the case of suspected al-Qaeda sleeper agent Mohammed Junaid Babar.

Babar has told investigators of a scheme to smuggle terrorists across the Mexican border. He's tied to a terror plot to carry out bombings and assassinations in London.

And the Tombstone Tumbleweed newspaper reports that in June, 53 Middle Eastern men were apprehended by Border Patrol agents near Willcox.

It's believed they were from Iran or Syria.

Border Patrol Council President T.J. Bonner says, "You don't know what is getting by you unless you come across, as you said, small pieces of evidence, remnants of things that give you clues, that not everybody is coming across from mexico looking for a job."

Tancredo says some illegals from terrorist nations are paying as much as $50,000 to be smuggled in. He says they're not paying that kind of money simply to work at a 7/11.

I hope that this is enough information.
Thanks.

Jose Padilla is an American.

José Padilla (born October 18, 1970), also known as Abdullah al-Muhajir or Muhajir Abdullah, is a United States citizen convicted of aiding terrorists.

José Padilla (alleged terrorist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

And he actually entered in thru Chicago OHare.

Do we shun Canadians culture for harboring terrorists? Are we building walls along their border?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Terrorists...not Canadians.

It sounds like everyone here no longer cares about the real terrorists and Mexicans are now the terrorists. Keep believing what you are fed by politicians and the news, and continue to blame Mexicans for the problems of this country.

Again Mexicans have been coming into this country for decades, this isn't new.
So it is ok to break the law and get free handouts because it has been done for a decades.
That is like saying why lock up murderers, child molesters, rapists, because hell people have been doing it for years and will continue to do it.
Sheesh!

Sounds illogical doesn't it.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Jose Padilla is an American.

José Padilla (born October 18, 1970), also known as Abdullah al-Muhajir or Muhajir Abdullah, is a United States citizen convicted of aiding terrorists.

José Padilla (alleged terrorist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

And he actually entered in thru Chicago OHare.

Again you have mentioned a plot, not an actual occurrence,
That is all you picked out. Wow, who is one sided now!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,090,580 times
The borders need to be secured, period. Both north and south. They need to be secured for terrorist and illegal alien purposes.

Yes, at least 2 of the 9/11 terrorists came in and out of the US several times through Canada (I'm fairly sure one of them came in at least once during their "trial run" phase through Mexico, but I might be wrong). They got in through Canada because they did their homework to catch our weak border points and our weakest airports (Logan). We got caught with our pants down. No argument there. The question is if they've beefed up border patrol enough since then. I've been in and out of Canada several times since 9/11 (including the weekend we originally declared war on Iraq) and aside from a slightly longer line, it was pretty easy getting through. That needs to be fixed.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:39 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,940 times
The bottom line is WE WANT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS OUT and NOW! Mexico and mexicans can say we are racist all day long and I could care less because the real racism starts right in Mexico among their own people. The "white" mexicans have treated the "brown" mexicans in a deplorable way and are pushing them across our borders.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Show me a source.

Or are you saying that illegals are terrorists? Because if so, this argument serves no purpose if you actually believe that an ally and trade partner are sending mexican terrorists to the US. Based on what Miborn keeps on posting, it almost seems like he believes that the Mexican president is a terrorist.

I think you are getting a bit delusional in your patriotism, sorry to say.

I never said mexicans were terrorists, I said that terrorists cross there border.

You are really reaching for an argument for your cause now! Too Funny!!

Yea I am the delusional one, you just keep telling yourself that!! I think the Mexican President has his own agenda and his head up his ass.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:24 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times
Quote:
You'll have to forgive me as I am a 1 man team over here...lol. I don't have all the answers for you.

I will say this though about the current state in America:
For decades these illegal people have crossed the border, why when we are in 2 wars, a crashing house market, poorly elected officials, being attacked by terrorists and hated abroad...why now do we care so much about Mexicans crossing the border?

Doesn't that seem a little strange to you? A little scapegoat-ish?

Why all of the associations to 9/11 about mexicans? Mexicans had nothing to do with America being attacked, now I am hearing speculation about terrorists coming in thru mexico...what is this all about? Didn't they actually come in thru Canada?

I think this is what happens when Patriotism goes overboard and we just start blaming people for our own mistakes.
I agree with that. I think it is a way to take attention away from all the other problems facing this country. Illegals are one of them, but not the main one. But when things are bad, people want to blame someone. It was that way with Hitler, he blamed the Jews.. while this is not the same, there are similarities.

Coporate America and GREED are the problem... they are the reason why we don't have better health care, we have less and less well paying job because they export whatever jobs they can to low wage countries, they profit off the war and on goes the list.

People need to unite to fight for a better future, but that ain't going to happen. Instead those at the top will divide this country over issues like guns or immigration.

DIVIDE and CONQUER

Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I never said mexicans were terrorists, I said that terrorists cross there border.

You are really reaching for an argument for your cause now! Too Funny!!

Yea I am the delusional one, you just keep telling yourself that!! I think the Mexican President has his own agenda and his head up his ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration