Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times

Advertisements

Don't forget a work visa entitles you to unemployment and food stamps...way to add to the problem Obama

Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
WTF? Are you serious dude? It's sad just how divided and partisan America has become. People like you can only think in red and blue???????????? I could give two S@#$S about the left or the right. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama, Truman, FDR, and just about every President for the last 60+ years save for maybe Kennedy was utterly corrupt and sold out the American middle class. The division in this country along political party lines is more disgusting than the illegal immmigration, national, debt, and healthcare/SS/medicare fiascos COMBINED! Americans are too stupid to realize they are being divided on conqured by the same tyrannical crooks in both parties. I despise Clinton and Obama as much as I despise the Bush family and Donald Duck from Hollywood.

OBAMA IS OUR CURRENT LEADER GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The past is the past!
While I agree with you first paragraph, identifying one person as the problem is disingenious. Hold all politicians accountable including the candidates that are running. What is Romney's position on this? What politicians do we have that are renouncing this. Please name names. I might consider voting for them.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Your damn right it did. There millions of us upset that Bush didnt take on this problem. Not all of us are mindless partisan drones, certainly not to the level of the left.

But go ahead. Be cheerful, dems. You will now have 800k more people you can hold down as "victims".
You are correct. Here is a snippet from the Time article. They will be the next victims of evil America according to the left. Gays will be cast aside as Obama has raked in all the campaign dough he can from them now.

"‘Why haven’t you gotten deported?’That’s usually the first thing people ask me when they learn I’m an undocumented immigrant or, put more rudely, an “illegal.” Some ask it with anger or frustration, others with genuine bafflement. At a restaurant in Birmingham, not far from the University of Alabama, an inebriated young white man challenged me: “You got your papers?” I told him I didn’t. “Well, you should get your ass home, then.” In California, a middle-aged white woman threw up her arms and wanted to know: “Why hasn’t Obama dealt with you?” At least once a day, I get that…"

Yes the first thing everyone always ask someone who looks hispanic is why haven't you been deported. This is the insanity we will be hearing soon.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:55 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
What does deportation do? You think they are going to stay back in Mexico or wherever they came from?

The first thing they do when they get off the bus in Mexico is find a way to get back in to the US.

Why dont you actually solve the real problem, employers actively recruiting illegal labor. Most are not here to figure out some way to game the system or commit crimes, most are here to work. You get rid of the jobs they are seeking, they no longer will come. Period.

Why is the solution always trying to round up all the illegals, instead of going after the businesses with authority that actually has teeth?
Businesses have been gone after. What are you talking about? Were you living under a rock when all those raids occured? Just another thing that Obama put a stop to. The thing is that it has to be proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Many times it was the personnel dept. that did it without the owner's knowledge or the illegal provided very authentic looking fake documents. That is why we need e-verify across the board to put a stop to them and the illegal aliens. They are both equally guilty! Illegals need to be rounded up just like the employers need to be reinged in.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 5,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are correct. Here is a snippet from the Time article. They will be the next victims of evil America according to the left. Gays will be cast aside as Obama has raked in all the campaign dough he can from them now.

"‘Why haven’t you gotten deported?’That’s usually the first thing people ask me when they learn I’m an undocumented immigrant or, put more rudely, an “illegal.” Some ask it with anger or frustration, others with genuine bafflement. At a restaurant in Birmingham, not far from the University of Alabama, an inebriated young white man challenged me: “You got your papers?” I told him I didn’t. “Well, you should get your ass home, then.” In California, a middle-aged white woman threw up her arms and wanted to know: “Why hasn’t Obama dealt with you?” At least once a day, I get that…"

Yes the first thing everyone always ask someone who looks hispanic is why haven't you been deported. This is the insanity we will be hearing soon.
You have to wonder why these illegals don't attempt to go through the legal naturalization process instead of breaking our laws. It shows that they don't respect America right from the get go. There is no reason they can't go through the process like others.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:56 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What is Romney's position on this?
Romney's position on illegal immigration is that he opposes amnesty and opposes the DREAM Act for young illegals who attend college, but supports it for those who join the military. He favors aggressive enforcement of laws prohibiting employing illegals so that illegals will lose their jobs and self-deport.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
LOL - nothing quite like such an announcement to make the hearts of republicans skip a beat in anger and disgust.
Shouldn't all loyal, law abidng Americans regardess of party affiliation be angry and disgusted over this?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess the fact that no republican president has clamped down on illegals got you upset too. just to let you know, Romney will continue what Obama is doing, you can be sure of that so get use to it.
I do get upset at the continueing trend of the government ignoring laws when it suits their purpose. Indeed Bush did the same thing and Romney will also which is why states will take this into their own hands.

As an aside, I never understood how it is that an illegal could have joined the military. Can anyone explain this one to me?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM

93 posts, read 59,961 times
Great move to make during a Depression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Shouldn't all loyal, law abidng Americans regardess of party affiliation be angry and disgusted over this?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration