Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

The put the numbers at about 1.5 million working aged people 16-30.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:56 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
This may cost him the election. You don't add a million people who are here illegally, who have not nor have their parents contributed to the tax base in any significant manner, to the work pool especially when Americans who have contributed much in the way of taxes, can not find work.
Bingo! Additionally, the government is offering buyouts and early retirements in the hopes of reducing the payroll. Who is going to process the millions of forged documents of those currently here as well as the millions more who are on their way to partake of what will essentially be another free-for-all amnesty as I type this?

Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Bingo! Additionally, the government is offering buyouts and early retirements in the hopes of reducing the payroll. Who is going to process the millions of forged documents of those currently here as well as the millions more who are on their way to partake of what will essentially be another free-for-all amnesty as I type this?
Bingo! to you for you at least have the fortitude, to udnerstand the cicrumstances, of buyouts and early retirements.

That is exactly what happened to some middle aged men, i know, in very lucrative fields. They were let go, earlier then expected.

This is all such a added headache, none of us needs, mostly, those americans who have lost jobs. Now what will become of the many many americans and our young college grads, competing with these people for work.

At a all time low of so many americans out of work, this is not something this Country needs in anyway. If these people so decided they want work here, gosh dang it, do it the legal way.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
This may cost him the election. You don't add a million people who are here illegally, who have not nor have their parents contributed to the tax base in any significant manner, to the work pool especially when Americans who have contributed much in the way of taxes, can not find work.

What are you kidding! with the brainwashed bunch? Too many still around, and as long as their Bud Obama, says it is so, then it must be so.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:16 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,539,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How exactly do they find jobs, but these "real Americans" only sit and complain about them taking their jobs away?
"Real Americans" cannot afford to take some of the jobs that illegals are taking. Americans tend NOT to live 4 families to one house/apartment. It's much cheaper to live in a crowded house where upwards of 10 people are helping to pay the bills.
I've seen some of these houses and they are not pretty places to live. We Americans just don't want to live in these conditions.
Sorry, but until the illegals are all removed - and wages increase thereafter - Americans will continue to refuse the low pay - slave like - jobs.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:27 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
You might want to learn more about the issue before reprinting the report from the extremist elements in the GOP.
Is that all you got? Nothing

Blame the messenger, got anything to go against OP?

Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
I just got a call yesterday informing me that the brain surgeon job that I had applied for was already filled by a Mexican with work permit. Good thing I have that nuclear physicist application to fall back on.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I just got a call yesterday informing me that the brain surgeon job that I had applied for was already filled by a Mexican with work permit. Good thing I have that nuclear physicist application to fall back on.
The brain surgeon job was filled by a lady from India. The nuclear physicist is from Iraq.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:00 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Not to worry. These kids are educated and intelligent. They won't be after any jobs filled by rightie wing nuts.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:31 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I am not a big fan of amnesty, but if you are an American competing with illegal immigrants for your job, you haven't tried hard enough. Those are usually unskilled or minimally skilled jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration