Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy now offers young people such as Juan a chance to attain a two-year reprieve from deportation, a work permit and maybe even a driver’s license. However, the policy doesn’t offer Juan what he craves most: a path to citizenship.
Illegal immigrants find route to citizenship full of barriers - The Grand Island Independent : Local News: illegal immigrants, juan gallegos, deferred action for childhood arrivals, becky gould, nebraska appleseed

Cry me a river. Why should we make it easy for people here illegally to gain citizenship? If they can't go through legal channels, they don't deserve a path to citizenship. Rather than whining, he should be grateful he's allowed to remain in this country. Despite Obama offering work permits, the legal right to work, SS cards, and driver's licenses, illegals still want more. I have never seen a more entitlement-minded group in my life. Apparently he has forgotten he has citizenship. . . . in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 10:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Illegal immigrants find route to citizenship full of barriers - The Grand Island Independent : Local News: illegal immigrants, juan gallegos, deferred action for childhood arrivals, becky gould, nebraska appleseed

Cry me a river. Why should we make it easy for people here illegally to gain citizenship? If they can't go through legal channels, they don't deserve a path to citizenship. Rather than whining, he should be grateful he's allowed to remain in this country. Despite Obama offering work permits, the legal right to work, SS cards, and driver's licenses, illegals still want more. I have never seen a more entitlement-minded group in my life. Apparently he has forgotten he has citizenship. . . . in Mexico.
And don't forget, Juan expects you to learn Spanish because it's sooooo hard for him here.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I'm sure he remembers his Mexican citizenship -- just like the Olympic silver medal winner was sure to remember his when he obnoxiously dragged out his own country's flag to wave around. These are the people who run out into the streets shouting viva mejico every cinco de mayo and 16 de septiembre and acting like they're ever so patriotic to their homeland.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,207,077 times
I think most of the illegals dont care if they become citizens or not. As long as they can live and work here (off of the books) buy a car and drive it and have kids and get free health care etc etc and never have to "prove" who they are they are happy. Once they become a documented citizen then they will be forced to pay taxes and be part of our system..Why would they want that?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I think most of the illegals dont care if they become citizens or not. As long as they can live and work here (off of the books) buy a car and drive it and have kids and get free health care etc etc and never have to "prove" who they are they are happy. Once they become a documented citizen then they will be forced to pay taxes and be part of our system..Why would they want that?
I believe that most illegal immigrants brought here by their parents illegally (DACA's) probably want citizenship so they can sponsor their parents. The others you are probably right about. If Obama is re-elected he will probably push for an amnesty for their parents anyway.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
From the article:

Quote:
“There’s a big hole in the middle of the system where, if you don’t qualify for a high-skilled business visa and you don’t already have family here with immigration status, there’s essentially no way for you to apply,” said Darcy Tromanhauser, Nebraska Appleseed’s program director for immigrant integration and civic participation.

The problem is, nobody seems to know about that hole.

“The (public) reaction usually is, ‘That’s crazy!’” Tromanhauser said. “’Why aren’t we doing anything about it?’”
Nonsense. The public reaction is if you can't immigrate legally then don't immigrate at all. We get to say who comes here, not a foreigner with no skills or education who doesn't speak English.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Citizenship isn't free?

No worries, you'll still get on the tax payer dole. Vote Obama 2012!! The land of the free.............stuff.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I believe that most illegal immigrants brought here by their parents illegally (DACA's) probably want citizenship so they can sponsor their parents. The others you are probably right about. If Obama is re-elected he will probably push for an amnesty for their parents anyway.
Exactly.

Citizenship isn't much respected otherwise -- but there are a couple of perks that go with it. Many will only take USA citizenship because it's being offered to them on a silver platter - but their own country's citizenship is more valued. That's one reason they believe that no one from their country should be expected to abide by any laws of the USA. They have zero respect for the USA and it's laws.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly.

Citizenship isn't much respected otherwise -- but there are a couple of perks that go with it. Many will only take USA citizenship because it's being offered to them on a silver platter - but their own country's citizenship is more valued. That's one reason they believe that no one from their country should be expected to abide by any laws of the USA. They have zero respect for the USA and it's laws.

Your exactly right, and this President is paving the way, for them to achieve this with the many perks along the way.

I have been told by some, that every chance they get, yes they send money right back home to Mexico, so where is their loyality.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your exactly right, and this President is paving the way, for them to achieve this with the many perks along the way.

I have been told by some, that every chance they get, yes they send money right back home to Mexico, so where is their loyality.
They proudly display their loyalty by waving Mexican flags whenever they march in OUR streets making demands.

This country means nothing to them. They're only here because they know they can drain us dry. If they could remain in Mexico or other countries and live off of taxpayers, they wouldn't be here. If this country ever falls, watch how fast they leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration