Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You are becoming simply pathetic now, you can't argue my points so you instead attempt to ridicule.
He does not have to be convicted of a crime to be called a criminal, if he were not a criminal he would be able to adjust his unlawful presents status. Since he is an admitted criminal, he can not adjust his status unless granted amnesty by Congress. Your ignorance of Administrative/Immigration law is where you fail.

He's not a criminal unless convicted by a court of law. I have no idea what you don't understand about this. If he was a criminal then he'd be getting deported out of the country.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:15 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
"Aleman, who was brought illegally to the United States by his parents when he was 11, was one of the first Las Vegas residents to get his Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) work permit"

What part of that constitutes "criminal behavior" on his part?
That's the point with some people, they dislike, and really believe EVERYONE who came here illegally, and who have had children born in the USA SHOULD BE DEPORTED.
HEAD 'EM UP, MOVE 'EM OUT.
America is no longer a melting pot, get away, stay out, no trespassing!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
News; that is not the job of the President. You might want to educate your self on what agencies in our Government is responsible for immigration.
And where do you think these agencies get their orders from?? HLS was ORDERED not to arrest illegals unless it was for a violent crime. Other crimes were "acceptable", but only if you were illegal.

OK, so he was 11 years old when his parents entered the country illegally and had no control over the situtation, unlike his parents. How old do you think his parents were when they came to the US? Illegals who are now adults who will be given the opportunity for a path to citizenship are already "what about my mommy and/or daddy"?? Then they will probably ask "what about my grandma and/or grandpa?" Then "what about my auntie and uncle?" As so it goes.................... One becomes 3/4 newly documented Americans.

If they are 18 or older they are adults, old enough to take care of themselves.

The irony is that his parents, who do not qualify for a path to citizenship will probably be attending as well - probably sitting at the table marked "NEXT".

Last edited by softblueyz; 02-12-2013 at 01:07 AM..

Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you celebrating this situation? Yes or no.
You have a smart guy who wants to be a doctor AND join the Airforce and you're complaining that he has a work permit and wants to stay in this country and become a citizen? Most of you spend half your time yammering that there aren't enough doctors in this country--isn't this a good thing? Why would you not want to keep a really smart kid in this country who's going to wind up paying a ton of taxes and contributing to needs in our society? We WANT people to come to this country who contribute big things vs. wind up on welfare. Good grief... This "all immigrants are bad" thing is ridiculous.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:12 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Exactly. He was convicted of a crime, therefore he is a criminal. I never said he was a murderer and that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

OJ is a criminal. The illegal is not. Prove that he is. Cite your sources.
You refer to the person as "illegal" then continue to parrot "prove he's a criminal". IBTL

If someone breaks into your house but is not caught and convicted in a court of law would you consider him to be a criminal?

Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
The illegal in question had no power to stop his parents from bringing him into this country illegally. I'm not arguing that he is not an illegal. He is an illegal, but he's doing things the right way by having a driver's license and a worker's permit.

He may have been forced to break the law by his parents, but the crime is on the parents not the kid. I don't deny anything, but I address the fact that you're attempting to blame this illegal for the actions his parent's took when he was a child.
He's doing things the right way by remaining in the country illegally in violation of immigration laws? It just keeps getting better each time you post.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Nice try, but your imagined liberal enemy is not even 1% of the population here. I hate the city government but to call them liberal shows your ignorance of the situation.

Chicago has issues but nobody cares about illegal immigrants. I've lived in buildings and worked with people who I suspected were. Why should I care about them? All I hear from the right winger crowd is how they're savage parasites and I'm not buying it.
The Chicago city government isn't liberal? I have just two words to rebut that:

Rahm Emanuel

Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You refer to the person as "illegal" then continue to parrot "prove he's a criminal". IBTL
What does IBTL mean?

Quote:
If someone breaks into your house but is not caught and convicted in a court of law would you consider him to be a criminal?
I would consider them a thief, not a criminal. Two completely different things. Oh and I don't own a house. I live in an apartment complex.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
He's doing things the right way by remaining in the country illegally in violation of immigration laws? It just keeps getting better each time you post.
He's doing things the right why by doing what needs to be done in order to become a US citizen. These things take time, but you knew that already didn't you?

Matter of fact, why do you even care? You're just upset that someone who isn't a legal citizen is being treated better than you ever have in all the time you've been a legal citizen of the United States.

You're doing this:

Stop it.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

How would you like to be deported back to say Chile, if you were brought here by your parents at age 2? You know nothing about Chile, don't speak the language, don't even care about the politics of Chile, but you've contributed to American civilization by going to college and working, have friends and volunteer from time to time.

hows that our problem ?

his parents are responsible, not me.

If liberals would accept responsibility for their actions instead of blaming others this country wouldnt be in the pathetic shapes its in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration