Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Correction!

American English.

What motherland? Yours?

Why is English Garbage to you?
When people post inane, idiotic crap like that, just put them on ignore - works for me.

BTW, I only have less then a handful of people on ignore, and every time I see someone respond to their posts, I remember why they are on ignore.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
If you love English so much why do you consistently butcher it?
Good way to admit you lost the argument.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Correction!

American English.

What motherland? Yours?

Why is English Garbage to you?
Correction!

American!

Not American-English, that's the same as saying we as a country are still sucking on England's teat. Eff that, homey.

This is America, we speak AMERICAN. Don't like it? GET OUT THEN!

USA! USA! USA!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
HUH

English is American culture & heritage since its inception. If you don't like the language why did you voluntarily come here?

Never knew you thought English was filth & rubbish. Maybe you should return since you hate it so much.
No American is American culture and heritage since its inception. If you don't like the language, why did you voluntarily come here? FYI: I was born in California and raised in Virginia.

Never knew you thought AMERICAN was filth and rubbish. Maybe you ought to get out since you hate it so much.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
As long as you'll now vote for the correct party.
What else would you expect, when our own government goes above and beyond the call, to get illegal immigrants hooked on free government give-aways?

It's like we are breeding more poor, ignorant, unskilled, parasites to suckle at the tit of government. Whatever happened to our federal policy against importing immigrants into the country, if they were going to be become wards of the state, and not provide for themselves ? Now, we make them wards of the state first, as federal policy, before we ask them to be citizens.

USDA to Mexico: Illegal immigrants can have food stamps

With food stamp spending in the United States skyrocketing since the beginning of the recession, the Department of Agriculture is paying to promote food stamp usage to illegal immigrants for the sake of their American children, according to documents obtained by a government watchdog.

“The promotion of the food stamp program, now known as “SNAP” (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), includes a Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA with a statement advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive financial assistance,” Judicial Watch announced today. “Emphasized in bold and underlined, the statement reads, ‘You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.’”

Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM

116 posts, read 110,311 times
I hope you are not trying to pass off food aid for American children as some kind of out of control government action. If you are, please continue. I too like to see ultra-conservatives shoot themselves in the foot in front of moderate mainstream America.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:18 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
I'm going traveling to Mexico this summer. Does anyone know any good programs so I can learn to speak Mexican?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I'm going traveling to Mexico this summer. Does anyone know any good programs so I can learn to speak Mexican?
Buy yourself a Spanish dictionary if you are only traveling there. There is no "Mexican" language.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Let me ask you a question.

You don't think immigrants seeking permanent residence should learn the culture of the country they are seeking residency out of love & respect?
Sure, exactly what it was in our case. Of course I'm thinking of it in a different way than you are, I even have the book. Google it exactly in that order "love and respect").

Old 04-29-2013, 07:00 PM

166 posts, read 246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Bottom line once again...the gang of 8 made promises to whom? promises to the anti-immigrant crowd that hate and never supported this legislation?

If you don't like this proposed legislation, then nominate a cadidate with some balls next time.
<sigh> one more time..real slow.......I-L-L-E-G-A-L A-L-I-E-N-S. I'm not against legal immigrants. Otherwise you're right. I hate and do not support this 'proposed legislation'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.