Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Amazing how you really can't rely on a person's looks to judge their ethnicity isn't it?
No joke there: I am Nordic White in appearance......I rather resemble the Norse god Thor.

Now; a friend of mine, high cheekbones, slanted eyes with the epicanthic folds, etc. who looks Mestizo......

Both this friend and I are of Hungarian heritage; I am of the Szekler group and she is probably of at least partial Gypsy/Roma lineage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 12:40 AM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
Europeans are not illegal because there were no laws, but Europeans did forcefully remove Indians from their land.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
I know

the nerve of those Indians being on "their" land. I would have removed them too

Old 11-04-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Europeans are not illegal because there were no laws, but Europeans did forcefully remove Indians from their land.
And Hitler had 6 million Jews murdered.

The extremist Hutus in Rwanda murdered hundreds of thousands of Tutsis, etc.

Pol Pot of Cambodia killed at least a million of his countrymen.

So; what made the conquest and genocide of the American Indians worse?

All of what I described were atrocities.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:14 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And Hitler had 6 million Jews murdered.

The extremist Hutus in Rwanda murdered hundreds of thousands of Tutsis, etc.

Pol Pot of Cambodia killed at least a million of his countrymen.

So; what made the conquest and genocide of the American Indians worse?

All of what I described were atrocities.
Don't expect people like that to listen to you AZB. You're making too much sense. It makes their brains ache.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Don't expect people like that to listen to you AZB. You're making too much sense. It makes their brains ache.
OUCH!

Although I do catch your drift there.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:29 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
.............. Perfect example of what not being educated will do for a person!!!!! ............

Old 11-04-2007, 10:59 AM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
Quote:
It makes their brains ache.
It actually did make my brain ache, because ArizBear didn't answer my question. She gave me other unjustifyable actions in history, but she had no justification for forceful European removal of Indians on their own land all across the United States.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
It actually did make my brain ache, because ArizBear didn't answer my question. She gave me other unjustifyable actions in history, but she had no justification for forceful European removal of Indians on their own land all across the United States.
Because the American Indians were defeated-------to be blunt.

Not saying it is right; but, all races/ethnicities throughout history have gotten the short end of the stick one time or another.

BTW: I am a man.

It even states that on my Profile.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:31 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
There is no justification just as there is no justification for Darfur, for what the Aztecs did to neighboring Indian tribes, for what the Nazis did to most of Europe, for what Cromwell did to the Irish, or for what Native American Indian tribes did to each other for that matter.

History is not created in a vacuum. Shortly after our ancestors first stepped off of the continent of Africa all those millions of years ago, conflict began. And it's been going on ever since.

Can conquering of a people ever be justified? Certainly not if you are among the conquered. However, it is a fact that the human race is most certainly a fallible one. Homo sapien sapien alone has the capacity to do terrible things to those of his own race in search for power, glory, riches, and lands. If you are a person with a moral center, than you will always be able to see the evil behind certain actions throughout time immeasurable. Does that change things? Most certainly not.

But you cannot continue to blame the descendents of those who committed atrocities against their fellow man for the sins of their fathers. In that way, nobody alive today with any sort of conscience would ever condone the genocide of the Native American Indian any more than they would condone slavery or the slaughter of six million Jewish people. What's done is done and if we ever hope to evolve beyond the mentalities which bring about these sort of atrocities, then we have to stop living in the past and start working toward touching the lives of those within our realm and trying to make the world a better place--one person at a time.

I am of mixed Caucasian and Native American ancestry. There is not one person living today that I blame for what happened to my people on either side of my ancestry. Blame, along with living in the past, are both fruitless endeavors and I for one, choose to work toward change rather than dwell on things that I cannot change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration