Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Anchor Babies go back to their Mother's Home Country when the Parent is deported?
The Baby is a US Citizen, it should stay in America 9 11.11%
The Mother Should decide 19 23.46%
The baby should be forced to leave with the deported Mother 53 65.43%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,180,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the article mentions one girl who isnt "9 months pregnant".

the article also states: "Despite the concern in California, several visits to poor Tijuana neighborhoods found little evidence that pregnant women there are being drawn north by Medi-Cal benefits."

"
A rare academic study of the phenomenon, which focused on 184 Tijuana residents who gave birth in the mid-1980s, found that about 10 percent delivered across the border."

and thats legally AND illegally. the investigators claims in this article are purely speculative and dont even give a hard number.

do you even read this stuff before you link it?
Guess what:

A friend of mine who used to be a paramedic/firefighter used to get calls from SOB pregnant women in a town along the USA/Mx border (US side) who would cross to drop their babies.

Talk about no pride towards one's own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,347,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Guess what:

A friend of mine who used to be a paramedic/firefighter used to get calls from SOB pregnant women in a town along the USA/Mx border (US side) who would cross to drop their babies.

Talk about no pride towards one's own country.
I'm sure this is all spelled out for them in that little comic book about coming illegally to the U.S. They are told that they'll have an American citizen if they do this, and will get benefits through the child. It's disgusting - using their children that way.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:38 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,866,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Sure. I would support changing the law about being born in America makes you an American citizen completely. I'd say everyone that wants to become a citizen, no matter whether or not you were born here, must take the naturalization test and only after proving you have sufficient knowledge of the US are you made a citizen.

...the beauty of this, of course, would be that over half of the dumbasses in this country would cease to be citizens
Interesting concept SmerkyGrl. In a strange way...I kinda like it!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,484,809 times
Quote:
:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl
Sure. I would support changing the law about being born in America makes you an American citizen completely. I'd say everyone that wants to become a citizen, no matter whether or not you were born here, must take the naturalization test and only after proving you have sufficient knowledge of the US are you made a citizen.

...the beauty of this, of course, would be that over half of the dumbasses in this country would cease to be citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
Interesting concept SmerkyGrl. In a strange way...I kinda like it!
And there is the added advantage that none of the illegals would ever be able to poss.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:19 AM

1,511 posts, read 980,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Sure did. Clearly states illegal immigrant mothers come here to give birth, which was my point. Don't worry, I'll find another link which I'm sure you'll try to discredit. Sorry, I was short on time and that's what I found in the time I had to look. And as per your quote, the study you highlighted was done in the 1980's, think things might have changed a little since then? Do you honestly believe that illegal immigrant mothers don't come here soley to give birth WHILE 9 MONTHS PREGNANT?
youre a little off the question here. let me repeat the dialogue so you can properly answer it.

you: The difference is they are sneaking across the border while 9 months pregnant...

me: how many are doing that?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,478,947 times
Quote:
youre a little off the question here. let me repeat the dialogue so you can properly answer it.

you: The difference is they are sneaking across the border while 9 months pregnant...

me: how many are doing that?
Are you expecting him to take a clipboard to the border and go count for you? What is your point? Are you denying that it happens?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM

1,511 posts, read 980,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are you expecting him to take a clipboard to the border and go count for you? What is your point? Are you denying that it happens?
im not denying that it happens. im just wondering how often it happens. that does make a big difference.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,375,092 times
Quote:
im not denying that it happens. im just wondering how often it happens. that does make a big difference.
Too often. I can't find anything with exact numbers for you. Maybe you can find numbers for me to prove it doesn't happen that often.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:21 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,745,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Too often. I can't find anything with exact numbers for you. Maybe you can find numbers for me to prove it doesn't happen that often.
In an interview broadcasted on Cable News about a year ago, Elvira Arellano actually stated that she chose to have her son Saul in order to "fix" her problems related to her illegal status.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:25 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,158,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
In an interview broadcasted on Cable News about a year ago, Elvira Arellano actually stated that she chose to have her son Saul in order to "fix" her problems related to her illegal status.
That's sick. Wonder how he feels, knowing he was born to solve a problem she herself created?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration