Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 07:28 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd say yes since an illegal alien commits crimes to live in the US or he'd starve.
What crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What crimes?
Fake ID's, fake SSN's, NOT reporting income and so on. ALL crimes.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Fake ID's, fake SSN's, NOT reporting income and so on. ALL crimes.
I had asked whether all illegal aliens commit crimes. Clearly all illegal aliens do not commit all those crimes you mentioned above.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
What crimes?
Sneaking over the border is a crime, being involved with the cartel human smugglers involves crimes, using a stolen social security number is a felony crime, failing to report income is a crime, identity theft is a felony crime, working without authorization is a crime.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I had asked whether all illegal aliens commit crimes. Clearly all illegal aliens do not commit all those crimes you mentioned above.
They all commit some sort of crime, sneaking over the border is certainly a crime but most will go on to commit a lot more crimes if they decide to work here. Many also drive without insurance and licenses and pretty much do whatever they please. How many illegals actually file an income statement with the IRS or pay into social security taxes --- unless they've stolen someone's identity and the employer thinks they're someone else and deducts the taxes?

Old 12-09-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Sneaking over the border is a crime, being involved with the cartel human smugglers involves crimes, using a stolen social security number is a felony crime, failing to report income is a crime, identity theft is a felony crime, working without authorization is a crime.
Quote:
They all commit some sort of crime, sneaking over the border is certainly a crime but most will go on to commit a lot more crimes if they decide to work here. Many also drive without insurance and licenses and pretty much do whatever they please. How many illegals actually file an income statement with the IRS or pay into social security taxes --- unless they've stolen someone's identity and the employer thinks they're someone else and deducts the taxes?
I dislike illegal aliens just as much as anyone else but I also despise when when legal aliens come here and pretend to know the law without ever really learning it. Sneaking over the border illegally is not a crime. It falls under civil law.

I advise you learn more about the US before talking about it. Welcome.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
I dislike illegal aliens just as much as anyone else but I also despise when when legal aliens come here and pretend to know the law without ever really learning it. Sneaking over the border illegally is not a crime. It falls under civil law.

I advise you learn more about the US before talking about it. Welcome.
It falls under civil law --- but using stolen identification and committing document fraud is a FELONY crime.

No one is saying that stepping foot over the border but nothing more is a felony crime --- but they are breaking the law and most illegals are doing a whole lot more than just standing on this side of the border. Their crimes accumulate and there is no reason to reward them -- they have done nothing to deserve a reward.

And no one is talking about sending them to prison for 20 years, the punishment should fit the crime. They should be given the option of returning home or being returned home.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
It falls under civil law --- but using stolen identification and committing document fraud is a FELONY crime.

No one is saying that stepping foot over the border but nothing more is a felony crime --- but they are breaking the law and most illegals are doing a whole lot more than just standing on this side of the border. Their crimes accumulate and there is no reason to reward them -- they have done nothing to deserve a reward.

And no one is talking about sending them to prison for 20 years, the punishment should fit the crime. They should be given the option of returning home or being returned home.
So now let's go back to my original statement that you are disputing. Not ALL illegal aliens commit crimes. Several do not use stolen identification and commit document fraud. You and Packard fan are quite mistaken if you think they all do.

Now let's go back to what you said:

Quote:
They all commit some sort of crime, sneaking over the border is certainly a crime ...
This is not true in the US. It may be a crime in your country, but not in the United States.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
So now let's go back to my original statement that you are disputing. Not ALL illegal aliens commit crimes. Several do not use stolen identification and commit document fraud. You and Packard fan are quite mistaken if you think they all do.

Now let's go back to what you said:

This is not true in the US. It may be a crime in your country, but not in the United States.
Getting busted a 2nd time crossing the border IS a felony. Too; there's talk about changing the law to make a 1st time crossing by an illegal alien a felony.

You say some illegal aliens DON'T commit felonies. Then how do they live?

Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
What crimes?
Are you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration