Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
So you admit that you were wrong earlier by changing your stance. Your new stance is not necessarily fact either. While it is likely that most 18+ illegal immigrants commit at least misdemeanors, it is not an empirically proven fact that ALL of them do. There are undocumented immigrants attending college that are over 18, do not work, and are otherwise not committing crimes.

I can't believe that you are so committed to being wrong.

----------------------

Ummm...Yes the so-called illegal alien (not "undocumented immigrants") DREAMers are considered to be here illegally once they turn 18 1/2 years old. It's up to them to correct their status at this point. If they have done nothing to correct their status (and with Obama dictating amnesty and work permits for them, there is no excuse for them being here illegally), then they have no business being here.

My question to you is --- Why do you so vehemently defend illegal aliens? What's your dog in this fight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm not ignorant of US laws. Nor am I a "foreigner".

Again, I have no clue as to what you're yammering about.

Just because people don't agree with you, it doesn't make anyone a "foreigner". You must have something against American citizens.
You aren't just disagreeing with me, but you are disagreeing with the United States. You're the one who posted:

Quote:
But not all illegal aliens commit crimes

----------------

What part of "illegal" don't you understand? The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.
This just shows that you don't even know the laws of your "supposed" nation. How do you explain that?

I have nothing against American Citizens. I've been one my entire life and my family has been here since the 1600s.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
----------------------

Ummm...Yes the so-called illegal alien (not "undocumented immigrants") DREAMers are considered to be here illegally once they turn 18 1/2 years old. It's up to them to correct their status at this point. If they have done nothing to correct their status (and with Obama dictating amnesty and work permits for them, there is no excuse for them being here illegally), then they have no business being here.

My question to you is --- Why do you so vehemently defend illegal aliens? What's your dog in this fight?
Of course they are illegal. What's your point? Just because they are illegal doesn't mean that they are criminals that have committed crimes (which is what you are actually saying).

If you think that I am defending illegal aliens when I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Stop them from entering. Kick them out.
... then you need to work on your reading comprehension. I am only defending the United States. According to the law, they are committing a crime by just being here illegally.

The real questions is.... what is your agenda going up against the core foundation of law in the United States? Why are you anti-American?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 PM

Let's see---entering this country illegally is a misdemeanor, the first time around. The second time it is a felony. There is no such thing as an honest illegal alien. The term is an oxymoron.

Once again---pay attention---I do know the laws here. I doubt, however, that you do.

If you supposedly have nothing against American citizens, then why are you accusing everybody else of being a "foreigner"? And why do you think that "foreigners" don't know anything about US laws? I'm quite sure that those who came here legally are well versed in the law. You seriously didn't know this?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 PM

161 posts, read 172,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anyone born here is not a foreigner. Most Americans have had families born here for decades.
So a child born from illegal immigrants in america are americans right?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Let's see---entering this country illegally is a misdemeanor, the first time around. The second time it is a felony. There is no such thing as an honest illegal alien. The term is an oxymoron.

Once again---pay attention---I do know the laws here. I doubt, however, that you do.

If you supposedly have nothing against American citizens, then why are you accusing everybody else of being a "foreigner"? And why do you think that "foreigners" don't know anything about US laws? I'm quite sure that those who came here legally are well versed in the law. You seriously didn't know this?
I am disgusted by Americans who aren't patriotic enough to know the laws of their own country. People like you, for example. I like give you guys the benefit of the doubt by hoping that you are foreigners and maybe that is why you don't know the laws. But if you are Americans, that's just sad.

Review the laws. Violation of United States immigration laws are, and always have been, civil violations, tried in civil court. Not criminal court. Related crimes, such as falsifying documentation, violates criminal law. But being an illegal immigrant does not. If you were an educated American, you would know that.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:38 PM

Yes, anchor babies are US citizens---and that needs to be changed. And your point is, what exactly?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
So a child born from illegal immigrants in america are americans right?
That's what the law says.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:41 PM

161 posts, read 172,189 times
Quote:
Yes, anchor babies are US citizens---and that needs to be changed. And your point is, what exactly?
And why does that need to be changed?

Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 AM

318 posts, read 639,273 times
I am a Bulgarian American. But if I was in this country illegally and I found out my mother back in Sofia, Bulgaria had cancer, I would be on the first plane out of here to be by her side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration