Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 02:39 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What "lies" did Oldglory write? What "stuff" did Oldglory "make up"?
I meant that as a general statement. The lies are that people are saying that all illegal immigrants are criminals.
Quote:

NJBest---You say you agree that illegals "need to be deported" on one hand. On the other hand, you are splitting hairs in an attempt to defend them. What's up with that?
I'm not defending illegal immigrants. You should actually read the thread. I'm disputing that incorrect information about them.
Quote:

Then you call anyone who doesn't agree with you a "foreigner". Why the personal attacks?
There's nothing wrong with being a foreigner and foreigners should be proud of their origins. It's certainly not a personal attack. Heck, my ancestors were foreigners just a few centuries ago. I'm just giving people the benefit of the doubt. How else can you justify not knowing the difference between civil and criminal law in the US? If they aren't foreign, are they just ignorant about the laws of their nation? I hope that's not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 03:15 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Whether it's civil or criminal law, if a law gets broken, there are consequences. Thus, you are splitting hairs.

-----------------------------------

There's nothing wrong with being a foreigner and foreigners should be proud of their origins. It's certainly not a personal attack. Heck, my ancestors were foreigners just a few centuries ago. I'm just giving people the benefit of the doubt. How else can you justify not knowing the difference between civil and criminal law in the US? If they aren't foreign, are they just ignorant about the laws of their nation? I hope that's not the case.

------------------------------------
^
Nonsense. You are attacking American citizens. And you know it, too.

I guess that you have a law degree. Not everybody has one. So for you to expect everybody to be as learned in the finer points of the law, is absurd.

So, by you calling everybody "a foreigner", you are engaging in personal attacks.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:31 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
She could benefit from some fasting; about 25 pounds or so.
Some of the proponents of mass deportation could stand to lose a few pounds too.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:37 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Some of the proponents of mass deportation could stand to lose a few pounds too.
I don't know of many that are for mass deportations. What needs to happen is to remove all the incentives for them to remain here and most will leave on their own.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

^And this has, what exactly, to do with the topic at hand?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:01 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Default Double Dog Dare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I think we all more or less agree that they are in violation of immigration laws and need to be deported (or better, stopped from entering). But don't lie, make up stuff, and pretend to know what you're talking about when you don't.
Old Gory once again you cut to the chase. As for a hunger strike, let them strike and starve. This is attempt to appeal to our feelings. Americans want our borders secured and the rule of law to be followed.

All of these Illegal Immigrants still refuse to ask the question I have written on this Forum.

"What gives you the right to Break US Law and way should the US Allow you to stay?"

To this no one on the Open Borders refuse to even engage the question. I Dare any Illegal Alien supporter to step Up. We would really would like to know.

This is a serious question?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Default Think abou this?

As we debate the merits of Illegal Immigration it occurred to me a simple truth. I would like to hear the other view on this if you guys Prop Open Boarders guys to once more step up, if your issue to you is a solid reasoning,

All would agree that the current Immigration is based on a target number based on the country. Once the applicant goes thru the process he is a legal Alien with work permits and visa to match.

The Latinos in general hit the ceiling with AZ1070 was passed into law which enable Local law enforcement to check on Immigrations status. Living in Arizona most of the Illegals did not have any ID or they had Mexican DL.

Every time there is attempted to enforce laws you call Profiling and Racist. Actually the furthest from the truth.

Every time one of you guys try to cheat the system by overstaying your Visa or just cross into the United States Illegally, You basically *********r fellow County Men and women out of a potential slot or appointment.

Your creditability in changing US is Irrelevant at this point. who can trust a Illegal Alien to follow simple day to day laws in this country,

Again are guys ready to have a honest conversation? Probably not!

Old 05-04-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Whether it's civil or criminal law, if a law gets broken, there are consequences. Thus, you are splitting hairs.
I am simply correcting people who are incorrectly referring to the law. I don't know where you're from, but around here we don't let the ignorant remain ignorant. We educate.
Quote:
-----------------------------------

------------------------------------
^
Nonsense. You are attacking American citizens. And you know it, too.
I disagree completely. I'm not insulting American citizens. I'm one myself. So are my parents and their parents and so on.
Quote:

I guess that you have a law degree. Not everybody has one. So for you to expect everybody to be as learned in the finer points of the law, is absurd.
1. This is hardly a finer point of the law. This is the most top-level point of the law. There are two kinds of laws. You learn this in primary school.

2. Someone who is ignorant of the law is in no position to talk about the law.
Quote:

So, by you calling everybody "a foreigner", you are engaging in personal attacks.
Perhaps I should not have referred to people as foreigners. I apologize as it was a failure on my part to assume that people who did not learn in elementary school in the US to be a foreigner. In the same way that it was a failure on your part to say that I was defending illegal immigrants.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 PM

NJ Best---You just keep repeating yourself.

So, you do have a law degree? Why are you evading answering this?

-----------------

Perhaps I should not have referred to people as foreigners. I apologize as it was a failure on my part to assume that people who did not learn in elementary school in the US to be a foreigner. In the same way that it was a failure on your part to say that I was defending illegal immigrants.

-----------------
^
What elementary school did you go to that went that deeply into the finer points of the law? Again, you are attacking and insulting people. So much for your disingenuous apology.

So, you're not defending illegals. Instead, you are attacking and insulting people. Got it.

BTW, now you are insulting "foreigners" by assuming that they are unaware of our laws. Did it ever occur to you that many legal immigrants are knowledgeable about our laws?

Old 05-04-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
NJ Best---You just keep repeating yourself.

So, you do have a law degree? Why are you evading answering this?
When did I evade this question? I don't recall anyone asking me that.
Quote:

-----------------

-----------------
^
What elementary school did you go to that went that deeply into the finer points of the law? Again, you are attacking and insulting people. So much for your disingenuous apology.
I went to a public school in NJ. You didn't comprehend my previous post at all. Knowing the difference between criminal and civil law is not a deeper finer point of the law. It's the first thing anyone learns about the law in [elementary] school. Similar to how number systems are the first thing that anyone learns about math in [elementary] school. It's the fundamentals.
Quote:

So, you're not defending illegals. Instead, you are attacking and insulting people. Got it.
I'm not insulting anyone.
Quote:

BTW, now you are insulting "foreigners" by assuming that they are unaware of our laws. Did it ever occur to you that many legal immigrants are knowledgeable about our laws?
This is your miscomprehension. What I am clearly saying is that someone who is a foreigner has a valid excuse to not be familiar with US laws. That's very different than saying that all foreigners are not familiar with US laws.

Do you like twisting people's words into things that they did not say? I don't see what your angle is here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration