Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 02:36 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
People who aid in crimes are guilty.
Yes. But that's not saying much. Simply being in this nation is not a crime for an illegal alien.
Quote:

Provide proof.
Judicial Branch. I really wish that you foreigners would learn about this nation if you choose to live here.
Quote:

Our immigration laws are quite clear & specific.

Provide proof.

Our immigration laws are quite clear & specific.
Judicial Branch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Aiding, abetting, harboring, encouraging illegals a felony
It is a felony to knowingly house an illegal.
We're talking about the illegal aliens themselves. Not those who help them.
Quote:
It is also illegal to enter without a VISA.
But, it's not a crime.
Quote:
What % of illegals simply live with a legal resident or citizen?
Illegal immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For honest hard working people a whole bunch of them sure seem intent on breaking our laws.
The irony that you think that people who commit crimes are honest hard working people. I'm going to hav eto disagree with you there.
Quote:
Refer to Nationality act 237. It clearly states that it is a crime to be in the United States illegally. Yes it is a misdemeanor, punishable by deportation.
Either your understanding of US law is lacking or your reading comprehension is lacking. The Nationality Act 237 does not define being in the United States as a crime.
Quote:
You can pick and chose or split hairs, but a violation of the law is a crime. Illegals are criminals. Your position that not all break the laws mentioned is a weak position at best. Very few of the estimated 11 million simply live in someones house.
I think this clarifies it. You don't understand US law. I don't know whether this is because you are new to the United States or you weren't educated. But simply violating a law is not a crime. That is where your entire argument fails.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most illegals living here are breaking all kinds of laws. Very few are simply here illegally and nothing else.
This could possibly be true. I'm not disputing it. But that's a different stance than the others saying that they are all criminals.
Quote:
Yes, stepping over the border illegally is only a misdemeanor crime but it rarely stops there.
This is incorrect. Please learn the laws of the United States if you plan to live here.
Quote:
They commit more crime when they take a job illegally. And then most illegals fail to pay income tax and social security taxes when they work illegally as "contract labor".
Very possible. But not all of them... which is my point.
Quote:

Other illegals commit identity theft and felony document fraud to take jobs they're not entitled to take. They also usually commit tax fraud by not paying the taxes on their stolen identities that they should be paying -- that is many declare far more exemptions so they pay no FICA tax.

And then many are driving without insurance and licenses. Most aren't "just here illegally" --- they're breaking all kinds of other laws to not only be here illegally but work here illegally -- and many are having children here in order to beat the immigration laws and collect the welfare handouts that having children brings them.
I covered this already.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:24 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

But, it's not a crime.

The irony that you think that people who commit crimes are honest hard working people. I'm going to hav eto disagree with you there.

Either your understanding of US law is lacking or your reading comprehension is lacking. The Nationality Act 237 does not define being in the United States as a crime.

I think this clarifies it. You don't understand US law. I don't know whether this is because you are new to the United States or you weren't educated. But simply violating a law is not a crime. That is where your entire argument fails.
It's not a crime to violate the law? Seems to be a whole lot of people in prison for violating the law. But hey rant on. This is America and that is certainly your right.
Illegals on the other hand have no right to be here and justifiably should be deported. The honest hard working people was sarcasm . Defenders of illegals seem to like that phrase to describe illegals.
I just did a 16 hour night shift or I would respond more. Your personal attack is noted.

Last edited by tinman01; 05-04-2014 at 06:07 AM..

Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 AM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
They are here in violation of our immigration laws. Terminology doesn't matter. They are supposed to be deported not pandered to.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Yes. But that's not saying much. Simply being in this nation is not a crime for an illegal alien.

Judicial Branch. I really wish that you foreigners would learn about this nation if you choose to live here.

Judicial Branch.
Quote:

But, it's not a crime.

Quote:
This could possibly be true. I'm not disputing it. But that's a different stance than the others saying that they are all criminals.

This is incorrect. Please learn the laws of the United States if you plan to live here.

Very possible. But not all of them... which is my point.

I covered this already.
Please post up links proving what you're saying.

Getting caught and deported a 2nd time IS a felony, which IS a crime.

Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly | The Columbus Dispatch

Three months earlier, immigration agents had deported Mora to his homeland of Mexico. But the free ride home served as no deterrent. Since 2000, Mora has been deported four times, only to return time and again - most recently to Ohio.

A Dispatch investigation revealed that it is common for deported immigrants to return to the United States despite the threat of felony charges.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
It's not a crime to violate the law? Seems to be a whole lot of people in prison for violating the law. But hey rant on. This is America and that is certainly your right.
Apparently you have no idea how US law works. I find it surprising that so many, such as yourself, don't know the laws of the nation in which you reside. Not all violations of the law are crimes. That's why there is criminal law and civil law. Violations of civil law are not crimes. Illegal immigration laws are civil laws.
Quote:
Illegals on the other hand have no right to be here and justifiably should be deported. The honest hard working people was sarcasm . Defenders of illegals seem to like that phrase to describe illegals.
I just did a 16 hour night shift or I would respond more. Your personal attack is noted.
I don't think anyone here thinks that illegal immigrants should not be deported. No one is defending illegal immigrants for living here. I'm sorry if you felt attacked by me pointing out that you aren't familiar with US laws.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are here in violation of our immigration laws. Terminology doesn't matter. They are supposed to be deported not pandered to.
I think we all more or less agree that they are in violation of immigration laws and need to be deported (or better, stopped from entering). But don't lie, make up stuff, and pretend to know what you're talking about when you don't.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Please post up links proving what you're saying.

Getting caught and deported a 2nd time IS a felony, which IS a crime.

Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly | The Columbus Dispatch

Three months earlier, immigration agents had deported Mora to his homeland of Mexico. But the free ride home served as no deterrent. Since 2000, Mora has been deported four times, only to return time and again - most recently to Ohio.

A Dispatch investigation revealed that it is common for deported immigrants to return to the United States despite the threat of felony charges.
Just look up Nationality act 237 that tinman01 brought up. You'll see that it contains civil and criminal statutes. Simply entering the nation illegally and residing here is a civil statue.

You would have to provide links to what you're saying before I provide links since I'm disputing your nonsense. Please provide valid link that shows that all illegal immigrants are criminals.

Here's some news for you: Most illegal immigrants are not caught even once. That's why we have this problem to begin with. So forget about getting caught twice.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:09 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
What "lies" did Oldglory write? What "stuff" did Oldglory "make up"?

NJBest---You say you agree that illegals "need to be deported" on one hand. On the other hand, you are splitting hairs in an attempt to defend them. What's up with that?

Then you call anyone who doesn't agree with you a "foreigner". Why the personal attacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration