Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 11:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,362,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know why we have a policy of educating anyone in our country illegally. It is ludicrous and is bore on the backs of the taxpayer.
I agree. Enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 12:59 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,528,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Children are supposed to have to have their vaccination records up to date before they can attend school. How is a child, here illegally, going to have an up to date vaccination record?
Huh? They can get vaccinated here, in Central America, or Mars. You don't have to be a citizen to get a vaccination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
... the required vaccinations?
What? They get them unless they have exemptions. It's not hard to get vaccinations. You don't have to prove citizenship to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^But that gets waived. Some years back, The Washington Post in one of their regular illegal alien sob stories, wrote about an illegal who lived in a flophouse filled with about 20 people. She had no proof of residence since none of the utility bills were in her name. So she didn't register her kids for school. Someone noticed her kids running around outside when school was in session so she came to the attention of the authorities. She told them her sob story and arrangements were made to enroll her kids in school!
So they were living in the flophouse and that was proven. Kids got enrolled in the proper school. It wasn't waived.

For the record, There are many things about this issue that I find very troubling and, in fact, I'm quite resentful about. My issue with the OP is the idea that this is something "new" or has anything to do with the current administration. This issue dates back to 1982. To me, it just seems people don't pay attention to an issue until they don't like who is in charge. I'm surprised that people didn't know these kids are allowed to go to school. Fascinated, really.

Last edited by Yac; 05-12-2014 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: 4 posts in a row merged

Old 05-11-2014, 07:14 AM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
For the record, There are many things about this issue that I find very troubling and, in fact, I'm quite resentful about. My issue with the OP is the idea that this is something "new" or has anything to do with the current administration. This issue dates back to 1982. To me, it just seems people don't pay attention to an issue until they don't like who is in charge. I'm surprised that people didn't know these kids are allowed to go to school. Fascinated, really.
First off, we are all aware that illegal aliens are allowed to attend our schools as ludicrous as it is. We are also aware that the problem of illegal immigration has allowed to accelerate over the years. Reagan amnestied 3 million illegal aliens with the promise that the border would be secured....didn't happen. Bush, Jr. tried to push an amnesty again but Americans shut down the phone lines to congress with objection. As for Obama, he has given hundreds of thousands of them a stay of deportation with work permits without congress' approval. No other president has done that. Obama also released many of them from detention claiming a shortage of funds. It was found out that some of them were criminals. He has also instructed Homeland Security not to detain or deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals. Again, without congress' approval. No other president has done that. So it has nothing to do with whether or not a Democrat or Republican is in charge or based on some perceived racism against Obama.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:04 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
Uh; I was quite pissed about the ILLEGAL alien mess when Bush 43 was POTUS.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,256,564 times
One has to wonder. The Obama admin warns states about trying to enforce immigration laws, has sued states for trying to enforce immigration laws. Why doesn't the Obama administration and Holder warn illegals that we will not tolerate them breaking our laws?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:15 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,572,232 times
Quote:
So they were living in the flophouse and that was proven. Kids got enrolled in the proper school. It wasn't waived.
What part of allowing these illegal kids into school after being denied entry is not waiving the law?

Only in amnesty land.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
What part of allowing these illegal kids into school after being denied entry is not waiving the law?

Only in amnesty land.
I will read it again. I was under the impression that that they were here, yes illegally and living in a flop house. If they were not deported then they are allowed to enroll in the schools. Perhaps I misunderstood (it was late when I read your post).

Old 05-11-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
First off, we are all aware that illegal aliens are allowed to attend our schools as ludicrous as it is. We are also aware that the problem of illegal immigration has allowed to accelerate over the years. Reagan amnestied 3 million illegal aliens with the promise that the border would be secured....didn't happen. Bush, Jr. tried to push an amnesty again but Americans shut down the phone lines to congress with objection. As for Obama, he has given hundreds of thousands of them a stay of deportation with work permits without congress' approval. No other president has done that. Obama also released many of them from detention claiming a shortage of funds. It was found out that some of them were criminals. He has also instructed Homeland Security not to detain or deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals. Again, without congress' approval. No other president has done that. So it has nothing to do with whether or not a Democrat or Republican is in charge or based on some perceived racism against Obama.
I'm glad you're aware. Lots of people aren't. I didn't know about this federal law until around 1992 when my daughter entered public school. I had just assumed people presented false papers to get their kids in school, had no clue. I never said anything about perceived racism against Obama. What I am noticing is people upset with him for enforcing a law on states that has been around since I was a kid. As for your other issues with him regarding illegal aliens, that's fine. I'm simply discussing the public school issue.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,682,758 times
Quote:
Huh? They can get vaccinated here, in Central America, or Mars. You don't have to be a citizen to get a vaccination.

What? They get them unless they have exemptions. It's not hard to get vaccinations. You don't have to prove citizenship to get them.

Enlighten me of where to get vaccinated on mars? Seems like you've been there.

Tuberculosis is a very dangerous communicable disease that is easily spread if someone is an active carrier. One of the scariest things about tuberculosis, is that there are now many strains of the disease that are resistant to the current medical treatments.

The health of the American people must be protected, because if we do not protect the health of our citizens, the long-term effects could be dangerous.

Here is a list of things people applying for visa/residency status in this country may be tested for during their physical exam as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Tuberculosis
Syphilis (for applicants 15 years or older)
HIV (blood test)
Gonorrhea
Narcotic drug addiction
Physical or mental disorders with associated harmful behavior
Chancroid
Lymphogranuloma venerum
Granuloma inguinal
Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the U.S., is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:
Mumps Measles-Rubella
Polio
Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
Pertussis
Haemophilus influenzae type B
Hepatitis B
Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

Old 05-12-2014, 07:46 AM

741 posts, read 765,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
The problem with the present AG is that he is totally driven by politics for the good of his party.
Sounds to me as if you were asleep when John A-s-h-c-r-o-f-t and "W" Bush launched their attack on America and subverted so many laws. That wasn't about "politics for the good of his party"? Really?

Quote:
Additionally, the lies he puts forth show that he is not interested in the laws but only his own opinions and attempts to twist the laws to suit his agenda.
If the AG has perjured himself he is subject to being dealt with by the criminal justice system. That's the American way. Anything else is un-American. I'm not easily fooled into believing in conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration