Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:12 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times

Advertisements

Well that work out like we hoped
Thanks Murrieta
Quote:
SAN DIEGO – Hundreds of Central American migrants will be flown from the Texas Rio Grande Valley sector to San Diego beginning on Tuesday, according to officials.
Rebecca Bloomfield with the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority said it is likely the immigrants will arrive at Aviation Landmark. From there, the migrants will board unmarked buses headed for Murrieta, Calif., according to U.S Border Patrol official Gabe Pacheco.
“They are using the Texas border as one of the easiest ways to go through,” said Pacheco. “People there are told that there is a chance to cross the border and once you make it in, you won’t get deported.”
According to Pacheco, the groups of 140 people arriving Tuesday at 11 a.m. are predominantly families and none have criminal records.
During a 30-minute speech Monday, Mayor of Murrieta Alan Long stressed that Murrieta will remain a safe community regardless of the pending arrival of these illegal immigrants. Multiple contingency plans have been put in place by our local law enforcement to maintain Murrieta’s high level of safety.
“This is a significant impact to our resources, but it’s well within the capacity we have here regionally. Murrieta remains safe, but continues to object to this transfer of illegal immigrants to the border patrol office. While we were successful in having this canceled two other times, we were notified late Friday afternoon that immigrants would transferred starting Tuesday, July 1,” said Long.
According to reports, the migrants are fleeing violence, murders and extortion from criminal gangs in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras.
Once processed, border patrol agents will turn the migrants over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials, who will decide on a case-by-case basis if they will remain in custody, be deported or be released.
ICE officials will allow for the migrants to stay with relatives across the country, but will require that they report to the nearest ICE office, where their cases will be handled.
The decision for the transfer was made at a national level, along with Homeland Security, according to Pacheco. Everyone working at a local level, including the Border Patrol in San Diego, is simply following orders.
After 72 hours, another group of 140 migrants will leave Texas for processing

Read more: Hundreds of illegal immigrants headed for San Diego | FOX5 San Diego
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 10:16 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Well that work out like we hoped
Thanks Murrieta
We need to do the same thing as Murrieta.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:23 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
The dirty little secret is that almost all of these minors will get asylum for "other grounds: The government of Honduras (or Guatemala) is unable or unwilling to protect them from narco violence". The Obama administration has dispatched lawyers to assist them in their immigration cases.

Asylum status is an exceptional immigration benefit and it is very expensive. An asylee is entitled to a multitude of benefits, which other immigrants are not permitted to receive including welfare (Temporary Aid to Needy Families and Safety Net); Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if disabled; Medicaid and Food Stamps, for seven years after the date the application is granted.

I have heard of them getting full medical care, housing, and school assistance, possibly college assistance as well.

As soon as the asylee minor gets asylum, he or she can also petition for relatives.

So how does that feel Mr. and Mrs. Taxpayer? The very people who refuse to follow immigration laws unlike the millions waiting in the pipeline, get all these goodies.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:25 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,663 times
I think this should be moved to the illegal immigrantion forum because I sense this topic getting really ugly. I think what happened in Murrieta was disgusting. If I were the bus driver I would have just ran them over.
If you're dumb enough to stand in front of a moving bus you deserve it.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:31 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
I think the fear is how people will feel when then read my post and then uncover the truth for themselves online. Stopping the buses is silly since they are all going to get asylum anyway...elsewhere.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:35 AM

686 posts, read 1,138,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The government of Honduras (or Guatemala) is unable or unwilling to protect them from narco violence".
Yet if we spent a tenth of what we spent in Iraq to help eliminate this narco violence and provide some measure of social security for these countries, illegal immigration would not be a problem. It is a right wing fantasy that we will have mass expulsions of the immigrants already here and an airtight border. Won't ever happen.

The bullying of young, scared children in Murrieta was particularly disgusting and eerily reminiscent of the South in the 1950s or even Nazi Germany.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:11 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I think this should be moved to the illegal immigrantion forum because I sense this topic getting really ugly. I think what happened in Murrieta was disgusting. If I were the bus driver I would have just ran them over.
If you're dumb enough to stand in front of a moving bus you deserve it.
It is appropriate for the San Diego area. That is my 2 cents. These young people and their families will impact THIS area.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM

The only real solution here is to advocate for people who are fleeing violence and to share the immigration with other countries. Sweden admits any person from Syria and other countries feel the same way.

It is easy to say don't let them in but if our children were in these savage countries would we not want to help them?? I think the real risk here is turning off one's own humanity. Coming up with solutions takes work. Standing in front of a bus does not take much at all. This is the tip of the iceberg people. Millions of people will be coming to our shores soon. If you want to be part of the solution then get involved is my advice and help to create answers.

We have eliminated Jamul as a point of purchase for a home for this exact reason. In ten years it will not be pretty in my estimation simple to Arizona and Texas are today with hundreds of people walking through your front yard on their way to freedom.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:41 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I think the fear is how people will feel when then read my post and then uncover the truth for themselves online. Stopping the buses is silly since they are all going to get asylum anyway...elsewhere.
I agree that immigrants should wait in line like everyone else but our immigration system is so broken that it can take up to 10 years or more. This is why I support immigration reform. Let's fix our broken immigration system. I think building a huge wall with lots of border patrol seems really Big Brother-ish. We obviously can't just let anybody come across. I think it's hypocritical for conservatives to complain about the "big bad government" but suggest we use large amounts of money on a wall and security at the border. The Arizona law is not the answer either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
Yet if we spent a tenth of what we spent in Iraq to help eliminate this narco violence and provide some measure of social security for these countries, illegal immigration would not be a problem. It is a right wing fantasy that we will have mass expulsions of the immigrants already here and an airtight border. Won't ever happen.

The bullying of young, scared children in Murrieta was particularly disgusting and eerily reminiscent of the South in the 1950s or even Nazi Germany.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It is appropriate for the San Diego area. That is my 2 cents. These young people and their families will impact THIS area.
By taking jobs Americans don't want? Yeah they will but in a good way. I have deep respect for those workers out in the fields in the Imperial Valley. Not all of them are illegal but some of them are. To work for hours in the 110 degree heat is something most Americans would not want to do. Most Americans have the luxury of having cars, homes, and work places with air conditioning and plenty of water. These workers don't. They are not taking jobs that pay a lot of money because those jobs require degrees so they are left with janitorial jobs and things like that. if Americans wanted these low end jobs, immigrants would not be hired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The only real solution here is to advocate for people who are fleeing violence and to share the immigration with other countries. Sweden admits any person from Syria and other countries feel the same way.

It is easy to say don't let them in but if our children were in these savage countries would we not want to help them?? I think the real risk here is turning off one's own humanity. Coming up with solutions takes work. Standing in front of a bus does not take much at all. This is the tip of the iceberg people. Millions of people will be coming to our shores soon. If you want to be part of the solution then get involved is my advice and help to create answers.

We have eliminated Jamul as a point of purchase for a home for this exact reason. In ten years it will not be pretty in my estimation simple to Arizona and Texas are today with hundreds of people walking through your front yard on their way to freedom.
Isn't that what fences and dogs are for?

Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I agree that immigrants should wait in line like everyone else but our immigration system is so broken that it can take up to 10 years or more. This is why I support immigration reform. Let's fix our broken immigration system. I think building a huge wall with lots of border patrol seems really Big Brother-ish. We obviously can't just let anybody come across. I think it's hypocritical for conservatives to complain about the "big bad government" but suggest we use large amounts of money on a wall and security at the border. The Arizona law is not the answer either.

Isn't that what fences and dogs are for?
Funny how you endorse jobs which are dangerous and support having dogs potentially to attack these people. Have you tried fencing 5 acres? I agree with you fix the system. But until then what shall we do>>?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration