Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:44 AM

418 posts, read 367,633 times

Advertisements

''brother, it is not just an LA thing. I live in Northern VA and, from a brother, i get most of the same dirty looks that you get from a lot of (not all) mexicans and salvadorians. The only thing that keeps them only looking is i'm 6'4 and 280. I think that most hispanic gangs are fighting to be the most powerful people of color in the US and are killing blacks b/c they see blacks as the biggest threats to them.''

First off, don't acknowledge ''Hispanics'' as a people. How could you acknowledge Spain's slave-owning ancestors people of color? Not only is that politically incorrect, but it's disrespectful to yourself. For one, that term was only used to African Americans in the south. That is a pathetic attempt by the media to try to bunch up all non-European-Americans into one little category. If they didn't give it to you, you wouldn't be saying it. You're also disrespecting all the African slaves that were torchered by their Spaniard slave masters. Be honest with me, do you think they referred to them as ''people of color?''

I'm not going to get into with you about ''brother'', although those factions of blackness are definitely segregating and polarizing African-Americans into a categorization that is only economically injuring their ability to capitalize on American wealthy. For where you live, the south isn't as bad of a problem for African-Americans as sad Los Angeles, but you should know better. For one, assimilation is necessary in an expensive suburb of Washington D.C. People who stay behind there economically suffer badly.

People don't purpose this idea enough, because than that ''dog'' icon that seems to help drive the capitalism of our middle-class American population. As mean as it sounds, it's either people don't care for blacks or prefer to see them lag behind. Even middle-class blacks often feel the same way. They see themselves as individualism human-beings who don't feel the need to depend on collectivism or anything they can't control as one. They know they worked equally as hard as any other American citizenship and have had to battle the stigma of certain social stereotypes. About half of black Americans are there, and the other half aren't.

It might sound horrible to give up the identity, but it's necessary to get better. West Indians are self-secure and are doing fine for themselves because of this. Black Americans need to take an immigrant approach. They need to delete the blackness from themselves and refer to themselves by their first and last names like every other human-being does. Until you stop believing in garbage terms like ''Hispanic'' or ''people of color'' that you would have never even known existed if it weren't for our ignorant government or media, you can't expect any social progression to occur.

Latin Americans don't see themselves as people of color. Very little of their population is apart of gangs. Most of blacks aren't either. Most of American-born white trash isn't either. We're all talking the worst case scenarios of each group and blowing them out of proportion. It may sound difficult to do, but the way how we could all understand and best get something out of this is if we all take do our best to take a neutral perspective. You need to pretend you aren't white, black or anything that our society has socially constructed for us.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
not much white guilt?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:51 AM

In my neighborhood it is actually the Blacks and Mexicans who are friendly and seem to dislike the Whites. Of course there aren't many Blacks and Mexicans in my neighborhood to start out with.

Once again, if you believe Mexicans don't think of themselves as white, you should take an international perspective of this, rather than an inside the box lower-middle class immigrant with 4 children approach. Although it's less true for Mexicans and more so for other Latin Americans, please get a time machine and tell those African slaves that the whip they suffered on the back of their backs that wasn't a white man, but rather as ignorantly as other's have denoted them: ''A person of color''

You should replace the words white with middle-class white Americans. And if they were middle-class they wouldn't have any resentment. And eventually when their American-born children are middle-class, even if it doesn't lineally correspond, they'll socially be white and probably even marrying a European-American.

If more blacks don't individually take charge as human-beings though, things will only get worse and worse for them. No one is going to hold their hand. Our government obviously doesn't value some of our most American citizens who's ancestors never even voluntarily chose to come here. They'll get the raw end of every deal when it comes to blue-collared work because employers know immigrants work harder and Americans (not just blacks) are often whiney babies who are lazy.

If there aren't many blacks or as you call ''Mexicans'' in your neighborhood, than you shouldn't question if they even are Black or ''Mexican.'' Surely, the blacks may be physically black, but does that have any economic correlation that is disproportional to the white population? Same thing with the Latin American descended population in your respective place. If all make the same salary, everyone's skin is the same color. Which is green, the color of money.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 AM

''I was thinking the exact same thing. While obviously not all latinos or illegals are predjudiced, those that are part of the "La Raza" or "Aztlan" crowd hate anyone who is not one of them. They will call white Americans racist, and then turn around and degrade the blacks within their community. Hypocrites.''

You're right. Groups like La Raza and Aztlan are all hypocritical to humanity, the American and Mexican dreams. Anyone who is a member of those groups may as well be a Nazi. It is unfair to stigmatize all Latin American immigrants as prejudice, but it's also important to recognize the different cultural elements we absolve when we take in new citizens. I think we should have a policy that says we should allow only as many to live in this country for as many as we get out, because we can't even take care of our own citizens.

The government shouldn't be grooming new citizens when we see things like Hurricane Katrina going on. Giving a handout to those people wouldn't work either. There is only so far you could go to helping someone, but I'll tell you one thing. Hurricane Katrina did the best economical thing for New Orleans possible. They dismantled poverty. The only ones who stayed had houses worth keeping in relatively safe neighborhoods. The city used to be 67% black. Now it's about half black and about half their population have come back. They've also rationed on who is aloud to come back so liberal white yuppies don't move in raving about how much they love the French culture.

It's an obligation to assimilate African-Americans. It's also an obligation of the individual's who are behind who are apart of that background. The problem comes back to the lack of parenting skills. If you were to take a black child out of a poor black family and insert them into a white family, they'd likely live the same life as a white child and end up making the same money. It's all about what environment you are brought up in. Too many people have babies out of wedlock or babies they can't afford. If not having children is the answer for them, than so be it. Personally, for as ugly as this world seems sometimes, I very much doubt I'd be willing to bring a child into this world.

Those groups will call white Americans racist because it makes them feel more powerful. It helps them dodge off their anger. They want to feel special because they are insecure and no one appreciates their garbage. No one gives attention to them. So as far as I'm concerned, they're just a division within white nationalism.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 AM

''You know what would be interesting? Have debates with members from NCLR, Mexica-movement and Aztlanistas. That would be veryyyy interesting.''

Damn right. I think we'd all give them a mouth full. What we say can't change their ways though. Just because no one loves them, doesn't mean they have to hate. They do it optionally on their own because it makes them feel special. When they're all about to die on their death bed though, they'll really begin to realize how crappy their legacy was on earth, so I have no problem staying away from them acquiring their punishment.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:11 AM

106 posts, read 380,755 times
Default How Dare You Call My Comments B.s.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Yes, its time we (as White, Black, Asian, and Latino Americans) stand up and take our country back. The bloodshed in LA perpetrated by the illegals is horrible, but at least it is opening our eyes. Give America another 10 years and you will be hard-pressed to find a rainbow welcoming type.

One thing, blksophisticado, stop with the "white america is accepting latinos and not blacks". That's a load of bs-right now if feels like we're all looking after ourselves, but to fix the country we're going to need to be united.
I don't think its bs at all but its factual. Just think about the move to give illegal immigrants amnesty in this country. If the majority of Mexicans and central americans entering this country were black they would have never been allowed to make it this far and the border problem would have been fixed a long time of ago. DOMINICANS AND HATIANS ARE TOSSED BACK TO SEA EVERY DAY. Secondly the argument that they are hard workers is used to justify their remaining here in the U.S. In the inner cities there are plenty of poor black kids who are born and raised right here and could use a job and yet we have a country that prefers to hire illegal immigrants and outsource jobs in reservation call centers to INDIA THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND THE PHILLIPINES. The message is loud and clear. IMMIGRANT LABOR IS PREFERRED OVER THE POOR LESSER EDUCATED MOSTLY BLACK U.S. UNDERCLASS POINT BLANK AND PERIOD. THAT IS A HISTORICAL FACT. NON BLACK MINORITIES HAVE UNFORTUNATELY BENEFITTED FROM RACIST U.S. POLICIES AND EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES THAT GIVE THEM A CERTAIN ADVANTAGE DUE TO THEIR MINORITY STATUS YET DENIES THAT SAME ADVANTAGE TO BLACKS. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME JUST GOOGLE IT. BLACKS ARE BEING DISPLACED IN THE WORK FORCE BY MEXICANS AND OTHER CENTRAL AMERICAN HISPANIC GROUPS AND ASIANS ARE NOW OVER REPRESENTED IN THE ENROLLMENT OF UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES ACROSS THE U.S. I LIVE IN L.A. AND IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY THE MEXICANS ARE HIRED ACROSS THE BOARD TO DO DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING. IF YOU ENTER A CHINESE RESTAURANT, THAI RESTAURANT, HELL EVEN SOUL FOOD AND ROSCOES CHICKEN AND WAFFLES IN THE HOOD YOU WILL FIND MEXICANS WORKING THERE AND THEY KNOW HOW TO COOK EVERYTHING FROM COLLARD GREENS TO SHRIMP FRIED RICE. NEW ORLEANS WHICH WAS A MAJOR PREDOMINATELY BLACK CITY WAS DAMN NEAR TOTALLY WIPED OUT AND INSTEAD OF BRINGING THOSE DISPLACED POOR BLACK FAMILIES BACK TO PROSPER FROM THE REBUILDING OF THEIR CITY THE IMPORTED IMMIGRANT MEXICAN AND CENTRAL AMERICAN LABOR. THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL VERY CLEAR. OUTSOURCING JOBS, IMMIGRANT LABOR IS THE SAME CONCEPT. CHEAP LABOR. THAT ONLY IMMIGRANTS WILL ACCEPT! BLACK AMERICANS ARE DESCENDANTS OF SLAVES AND DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT SLAVE WAGES WE HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT! YOU SHOULD TAKE A TRIP TO MIAMI FLORIDA. I LIVED THERE FOR A WHILE AND BLACKS IN MIAMI HAVE TO BE THE MOST DISENFRANCHISED AND POOREST GROUP I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE U.S. THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICAL CLOUT THERE AT ALL. THE WHITE CUBANS CONTROL EVERYTHING IN MIAMI AND THEY ARE VERY RACIST! I LIVED THERE EIGHT MONTHS TOO LONG. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN CALL MY COMMENTS B.S. I THINK YOU ARE JUST A BIT OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY. UNITY AMONGST ALL IS GREAT BUT II;LL BE DAMNED IF I'M GOING TO TAKE A BACK SEAT TO FOREIGNTERS IN MY OWN COUNTRY ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE WHO LOOK JUST LIKE ME FOUGHT AND DIED SO THEY COULD STRUT THEIR BEHINDS FREELY INTO AMERICAN SOIL IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHEN THE ILLEGALS MARCHED ON THE CAPITAL BLACKS SUPPORTED THEM INITIALLY BUT NOW THERE HAS BEEN A DECLINE OF SUPPORT FOR BLACKS FOR THE ILLEGALS AND IM GLAD. PEOPLE ARE FINALLY STARTING TO SEE THE TRUTH ABOUT OTHER NON BLACK MINORITIES AND THE RACIAL BAGGAGE THEY BRING. IF THAT ISN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU GO TO COSTA RICA, PANAMA, COLOMBIA, BRAZIL, HONDURAS, NICARAUGUA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN LATIN AMERICA WITH LARGE BLACK POPULATIONS AND SEE HOW THEY ARE TREATED.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 AM

''I've seen many, many schools where a huge surge of hispanics come into a formerly majority black school and completely overwhelm the blacks. Then the blacks suddenly start leaving the school. Even the threat of an attendance line being changed or a sudden influx of hispanic illegals seem to decimate the enrollment of blacks. We are probably going to have to close several 'historically black' high schools here because the numbers are dropping off dramatically.''

I'm not sure what ''evidence'' you have for the illegality of those you claim to be, but the media or ''Wikipedia'' are not reputable resources. You are right though. Immigrants in, blacks out. It's happened before. For one, it's because immigrants are new to this country. Most immigrants are young. Coming to this country to old to integrate into the work force wouldn't make much sense.

They also have higher fertility rates (over 3 as opposed to 1.8 for Euro-Americans and 2.2 for African-Americans), so that influences the higher amounts of Latin American immigrants into school. From the way I look at it though, it doesn't mean that it's necessarily a bad thing. People should co-exist in a better manner. The Latin American immigrants would likely have more respect for lower-class blacks if the blacks didn't segregate themselves into their own little corners.

For a group such as Mexican immigrants, being that they're all from a similar foreign country it's somewhat respectable. Even a white American who doesn't love blacks would rather be hanging out with a black American than a white French guy in France. The only reason why lower class-blacks draw to lower class-blacks in this country is because of the polarization from the rest of people and ''physical appearance.'' I have plenty of black friends who wouldn't want to be associated to someone who belittles themselves to the point in which they'd pick and choose who there friends were based on the color of their skin.

Therefore, no one's telling these blacks to leave the schools. It's just like how European-American cowardly left cities when immigrants and/or blacks (depending on the city) moved in. The truth is that lower-class blacks need to step up. They need to crack that social shell of blackness that's holding them back from economic prosperity. As far as I'm concerned, blackness as a social context is as ugly as whiteness. People who are proud to be white are seen as losers, so why shouldn't the same apply to blacks? We all know those who pride themselves in white usually aren't so affluent. America may not teach you this always, but there is a crafty reasoning behind this. American idealism always is obviously always in the best interest of European-American Christian citizens, because they are the predominance of our demography.

Basically, if people don't voluntarily co-exist, they're just pushing the problems to later. People need to individually live as human-beings, as most do, if they expect to ever acquire middle-class stature.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:22 AM

''Can anyone imagine what might happen in the U.S. if there was "another" civil rights war between the Hispanics and the Whites & African Americans?
With America already the most armed nation on Earth we will really see some
shootin' and Killin' going on. I'm sure the evangelicals and NRA can't wait. Maybe it will get their "minds" off of going to war with Iran or 9-11.''

Don't worry, something actually has to exist to have a war with something. There should be a civil rights movement within African-Americans that helps liberate themselves as equalized United States citizens though. I'm 19. Personally, this country is all I know, but I'm losing much confidence in this country. I'm a human being and a world citizen before I'm an American citizen. Similarly to how immigrants come to this country, I'm willing to think outside the box and possible reside and/or attempt to acquire citizenship in a better English-speaking nation such as Canada, England, Australia, South Africa. All for what each and every one of our ancestors (people of all backgrounds) have fought for to contain our pride is not dwindling and slipping from our fingers if you know your youth is giving up. Between this war, our crippling economy, utter disrespect to the UN, Geneva Convention and world, I don't think anyone could blame me for pondering this idea.

All of us seem to be off 9/11, except for Rudy Giuliani lol Personally, I'd be more than willing to sacrifice my gun rights if it meant my country wasn't the police of the world. Look at Germany and Japan. No military post WWII and they got some of the best technology, scientists and engineers. So many of our technological and medical fields are from India, China and foreign countries. As Americans, we've lost a sense of national pride and hope. We all just go through the motions and live as individuals, as we should, but with much less dignity.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:25 AM

106 posts, read 380,755 times
Default In Response To Your Novel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127 View Post
Reply to blksophisticado:

Well, for one, I refute acknowledging ''Hispanics'' to even exist in the first place. They are not one ethnicity. They are not one nationality. The term is unacknowledged in Latin America, Canada, Western Europe or anywhere else in the world for that matter. The same could be said to the term Latino, outside of cultural recognition, although that is still uncommon. People in Latin America pride themselves in their individualism, and they don't feel the need to grouping themselves with other nationalities, as it would dissolve their own.

You're right though. It is disgusting that the immigrants in Los Angeles aren't fond of blacks. There are several components that play into this though. For one, Los Angeles is a much more Latin American immigrated city than it is a black city. Latin American immigrants have an ethnocentric way of looking things. They don't understand the blacks situation, nor do they care or are they interested. It isn't to say that blacks don't give it back to the immigrants though. Many black people like okay, but even if you were an intellectual Latin American immigrant, you'd have to ask yourself, why did so many African-Americans leave the south to live like human trash in Los Angeles?

I doubt they had that original intention, but people usually don't get that far. Competition plays well into why there is bigotry. Most immigrants in Los Angeles are blue-collared. They're hard working. Los Angeles is an expensive place to live. A large problem for why the Latin American immigrants are behind is because they came after the age of when they could have graduated high school and/or college, and they choose not to attend because they need money for the day. They also have high fertility rates, which causes many women not to work.

Considering from where both came from though, Mexican immigrants obviously came from a better situation. As opposed to what most believe, Mexico is actually a mediocre country to the world. The problem is most of what comes was poor in Mexico. Truthfully, even if during the day of segregation was brutal, it would have been more worth the while for African-Americans to have stayed in the south. They are more economically set there. Although it's less competitive, most hold their own. They work hard, are more conservative and religious. For middle-class blacks, Los Angeles could have been the greatest gift, and if that were the case, than they probably aren't having problems with Mexican immigrants.

Here is where the difference between the two groups comes though. Right now, you may believe they're El Salvadorian and Mexicans, but in 20 years they won't be. If you are born in this country, you absolve your heritage and become American. Most don't stay behind. Many move along with all the programs that are available such as financial aid. They'd have no excuse to lag behind anyone else once they assimilate and have children who are born here. Many move out to suburbs, go to college and live in the typical 700-800K homes in southern California.

The difference for blacks is, many still will be black. When I say black, I don't mean physically though. I said it on the other boards, as I'll say it on here. Black is beautiful physically, but disgusting socially. It's what keeps many black American socially and economically behind, isolated and segregated from what is known as the real world. If you are a middle-class affluent African-American, you probably wouldn't live no differently than a white American. That is why you see them to have a more diverse group of friends that correspond to the population of that respective place. That is why inter-marrying with whites is more common.

''That being said one cannot ignore the fact that being black in L.A. means being greatly out numbered by hispanics.''

On a game of technicalities within the crappy lines the American government and media has drawn, that is truly correct. The fact that you acknowledge ''Hispanic'' existence is refuting your argument though. And the fact that you are collectively considering yourself a black man is stealing your individualism. I'm white and of mostly Italian descent, but I don't identify by this. I identify by who I am and it shouldn't be no different for anyone else. It's sad that Americans so feel the necessity to put importance on physical appearance, but it's because of the system that's been created.

The stories you heard about Mexican gangs randomly shooting black people was probably both bias and untrue. Truthfully, there is hostility, but what do you expect from gang members? Any gang member has no right to live. There brains are much. They should do society a favor by committing suicide. They usually find another way of dying and making their way to hell though. It wouldn't surprise me to see hostility from them. They want turn and can't see above stereotypes, as they've entered a pathetic one themselves. What do you expect them to think of black Americans? They got the media just like all of us.

They see black drug dealers fighting for the same turf as them, which they usually lose. The Mexican gangs like to feel more powerful, just like the Italian mafia used to in New York. The same level of racism towards blacks is comparable to the mafia and Italians of a half-century ago in New York City. They used to be the predominantly gritty, blue-collared Catholic group of their respective city who was largely taken advantage of by the American-born white citizens in that respective city (i.e. low wages). The only difference is that in Los Angeles, it was more by general white American protestants who's ancestors never even immigrated to LA, where as that figure in New York City was mostly Jewish.

Compare it to the days of the minstrel shows. Loser whites needed a way to make themselves feel superior in the mid-1800's. In my opinion, not just are Mexicans actually approximately half of white-Spaniard lineage, but also represent more of the old world egocentric ideals of the demands of European imperialistic institutionalized racism than the typical white liberal Californian. Especially if they were poor and felt like garbage compared to their respective country. Likewise to America, Mexico has a culture that supports men to be ''macho'' so it shouldn't shock you that they wouldn't crack their plastic shell and those gang members should admit they're impoverished foreigners who should be kissing the soil of our country on their hands and knees.

African-Americans didn't have a choice to be in this country. If there was a kinder God out there, one could make the argument that African-Americans wouldn't be living in the United States today. Mexican immigrants voluntarily came to this country. Their ancestors also voluntarily came to Spain. And even long ago, for the indigenous population, through scientific evidence of human migration, their ancestors arrived from Eurasia through the Bering Straight in Alaska.

You have to read in detail why I said the term ''Hispanic'' was created though to understand everything I'm saying. I'd describe more about it on here, but it'd take too much time. This basically focuses on the third point I made of it, which is the scapegoat factor. Obviously, people of Latin American descent are like the government's groomed citizens who were dumped out from nations with too many people. America sadly believes more people means a better country, but our economy doesn't seem to be benefiting. Obviously if we get new things like Universal Health care, we'll definitely realize our systems will be much less doable than Canada's or Western Europe's versions.

The scapegoat factor basically meant that blacks had to be kept down. This government knew in 1970 when the term ''Hispanic'' was implemented, it was created for political reasoning. In 1970, two groups were at the time and projected to be the poorer groups going into the future. Obviously, Latin American immigrants were coming high in numbers (especially Mexican) during this era (and much more in the 80's and 90's) and blacks continued to lag behind. They knew they'd never owe Latin American immigrants anything though, if anything Latin America's internationally owe the world something for their oppressive cultures.

They know no matter even if African-Americans were to assimilate, they'd always have the right to ask for more. The government basically says because you're citizens of this country and have had ancestors in this country arguably longer than most citizens, it's your responsibility to take advantage of this. With Latin Americans, they basically integrate as whites. The problem for blacks is when they don't assimilate and believe in the social construction of blackness, which is exactly what the government wants.

By doing this, believing in blackness ultimately keeps blacks behind, because they rely on other blacks who are mostly poor. Most educated middle-class blacks have little patience for low-class blacks, so this becomes especially true. And as I described on there, this isn't a black problem. West African immigrants (i.e. Nigerians) and West Indians (more uncommon on the West Coast, but popular in the northeast and south Florida) assimilate just fine. They come with money, education and often don't even desire citizenship, as they love their respective nation's. If they choose to have children here though, they assimilate just fine because their parents educational and work-ethics spread to their children. They'd assimilate into the status quo of the demand of the region of the country in which the middle-class population lives in both the immigrant and first-generation.

The problem isn't as existing in the south either (with the exception of a few places like New Orleans). Basically, inner-city blacks have been iconic as the ''dog'' of America's capitalism. And a white-collared education middle-class white male (or someone who lives like one) has become the icon of affluence of this country's affluence. When black Americans enter this, obviously reluctance comes along because they often don't want to live like ''whites'' or give up their ''blackness.'' Those immigrants do though and don't believe in the social construction of blackness. And if they do, it doesn't overshadow their individual culture within their legal citizenship or first-generation descent (i.e. Jamaicans or Nigerians). There families wouldn't promote them to marry poor inner-city African-Americans, or poor people that would harm the class of their family for any matter.

Basically, Mexican immigrants are in a unique position as our government's pet. You've heard some things like illegal immigration, but most immigrants are actually legal and didn't cross by jumping over a fence or digging through a tunnel in southern Texas. It's not like you'll get through the militant looking guards opposite the California side. And than amazingly jumping on a greyhound for like seven hours on top of that too, right? As I described to others, the most common illegality is not renewing visas, which is a problem for other foreign groups as well.

Mexican immigrants have no sympathy for African-Americans because they're concerned about themselves. They aren't so fond of other groups either. They want to provide the best jobs for their children. They also very never met one black person before arriving to the U.S. Slavery existed minimally in Mexico (insignificant in numbers). Most places where you could have met one were in major cities like Mexico City, which aren't common places for Mexican immigrants to move from. That's because places like Mexico City are great places to live and wouldn't want to leave. Especially to a country with a crippling economy and dilapidating international reputation.

They compete for similar jobs, apartments and everything. It sucks that their racist and hopefully tension decreases, but it probably won't stop completely unless one of two things happen. Mexican immigration significantly slows down, which doesn't appear to be happening soon (even for the situation our country is in). Or for massive assimilation of inner-city African Americans, which is much more unlikely.

Also, just because those people are of African descent from caribbean descents, doesn't mean they're fond of African-Americans. Over half of blacks in Miami are of either Spanish speaking Latin American, West Indian or Hatian descent, so obviously less problems are to occur. People also don't believe in the context of ''Hispanic'' down there, simply because the political weapon would be little if almost two-thirds of the population shared a similar background.

''Often times at work or in public here in Los Angeles I encounter hispanics who's body language and ridiculous stares seem to indicate that they are uncomfortable around blacks.''

Well for one, it's inappropriate for you to be assuming who's ''Hispanic.'' Not even because the term doesn't exist, but because there is no integrity in it. You're promoting the continuance of severe ignorance, so you shouldn't do this. Being that there is little integrity in the term, there is no guideline for who is what. Sure, all people have a ''hunch.'' I'm sure if people were in Hollywood, people would have their hunches for who's Jewish, but would it be politically correct to assume? If they're speaking Spanish, or you see there last name or something of that nature, I can see. But to assume by just looking is pure ignorance. You obviously won't be right all the time.

You're also a very unique situation in that you speak fluent Spanish. I don't know if you have lived internationally or if you are just really that intelligent, but learning the Spanish language at that fluency is nearly impossible without foreign exposure. Many people who know it, know it if they speak it very slow or perfect by the books. Usually they'd have a much easier time understanding it over speaking it. If you were to speak English like that in this country though, it probably wouldn't go to much use. I don't know your situation, so I won't judge, but regardless it's unique. Most Euro-American, African-American, Asian-Americans and even many of Latin American descent don't know any significant amount of Spanish.

''IF AMERICA IS PLANNING ON GIVING THEM AMNESTY THEY ALSO NEED TO GIVE THEM A COURSE ON CULTURE AND DIVERSITY BECAUSE IF NOT THE ANTI BLACK RACISM THAT THEY BRING FROM THEIR COUNTRIES WHICH ARE MOSTLY POPULATED BY "MESTIZO" meaning white and indian bloodlines ''

They shouldn't bring their racism, but do they know any better? You should blame the culture of that country, rather than the individuals. All of their children realize this. Even the educated immigrants know this. People force ignorance upon themselves to pacify the interests of their every day lives that are heavily centered around their egos.

I think you're assuming too many are illegal though. Especially non-Mexican central Americans. I don't know if you mean by not renewing visas (which destroys what ever career they developed) or physically illegally crossing the border. It'd be pretty hard to leap frog that many different countries and than get through the Mexican-California border, which wouldn't seem like a peaceful journey. I love my country, but the American dream is really not worth that much fighting for. I'd call it American mediocrity. But hey, predominate unintellectual, Christian and people who have been exposed to corrupt government's sounds like they'd mesh pretty well here. We have low standards for our citizens standards. We don't demand college or good medical histories. We take human garbage and groom their children. That's been the motto of this country for a long time, and because it's destroying our economy, I think it'd be wise to either limit or raise the standards of our immigrants likewise to Canada.

For those who are actually illegal, amnesty really isn't right, but is inevitable anyway. Our government is incompetent. They wouldn't catch everyone because they don't even know where everyone is. They shouldn't acquire citizenship though. If they are caught, Mitt Romney is right. They should be deported. They committed a crime. There countries they came from weren't that bad. They should have climbed the economic ladder within their respective countries, rather than depending on the generosity of our country that can't even seem to help ourselves.

Generally, in the south, Latin American populations are small. Even if they're rising, they won't ever mean any significance or have an image. There is less work there. There are less Catholics. And it's not geographically close to Latin America and don't have as much family there. They'll basically just mesh into the white populations there.

Obviously, people of non-black Latin American descent are less likely to marry blacks than most whites and Asians, even though there populations are often circulated around each other. However, it's very common to see them marry Euro-Americans who you know probably aren't Catholic (as most African-Americans aren't either), so you know that has little influence. Obviously racism does exist, but it's not to say it's only on one side. You being an African-American is providing an ethnocentric perspective on this, so that's why it could be a little unclear to understand their situation too.

The reason why they don't like blacks is because of the stereotypes of the media, especially if they never met black people. They believe the same thing about Jews and other groups they either never or rarely met. It's because they're overwhelmed by the ignorance of their culture. Their culture is largely bias and promotes the ideals of whiteness, even if it isn't always directly said and much of the population isn't purely of that.

''New York has one of the highest black populations in the U.S. and there are plenty of latinos from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico and I have never heard of any type of conflict between latinos and blacks in New York.''

Actually, New York isn't very black. Philadelphia would qualify for a very black city (43% or about 40% African-American - non-West Indian, post-WWII African immigrants). New York City is 19% black. Unlike how many other cities do their demographics, New York City actually acquired the demography of blackness within the Spanish-speaking population. New York City is 27% of Latin American descent. 8 of that is black. That is why it would say that New York City is 27% black, even though under the classification most of America would follow would say 19%.

Than beyond that, 7% is West Indian and about 0.4% is of West Indian ancestries (mostly Ghana). New York City is 11.6% African-American. The United States is 12.5% black. Obviously, within a half to one percent is West Indian or post-WWII African immigration, so the argument could be made that New York City is equally as African-American as New York City. New York City craftily manages to not identify the whiteness within Latin America as accumulative to the cities white population, because of the political power of the term ''Hispanic'' and interjection of the media's anti-whiteness (although they want you to envy them at the same time).

''It's kinda like when they ask me do I speak spanish and I say yes they continue talking to me in some horrible broken english because they can't believe a black person could possibly speak spanish.''

That might be how you see it, but I doubt they'd expect a German-American white American to have the ability to speak Spanish either. The reasoning for why they don't think you speak Spanish is because you're American. Obviously, being black pretty much indicates that you are most likely an American citizen. For a white person, it's the same, although a little less likely. The negative scent or distaste they might give you is because your black, but not the context of the argument. Truthfully, if you're in this country you shouldn't be depending on anyone to speak Spanish.

Any Latin American immigrant who doesn't make it a cultural obligation to learn or at least attempt to speaking English at fluent proficiency while living in this country should be very embarrassed. Pedro Martinez said he prides his ability in speaking the English language as fluently as possible because it represents his intelligence. For one, brushing away from speaking English in public makes them look beyond unintelligent. It sounds unfair, because the language you speak actually doesn't determine your intelligence level.

In fact, if you're bilingual, you're much more likely to be smarter. However, if you or I were to go to Mexico and knew no Spanish and tried getting by on English, we'd be regarded as incompetent annoyances. It's also standing in the way of assimilation and make everyone else's life more difficult. You also don't know who speaks Spanish, just by looking. Especially while being politically correct and non-invasive. Most don't return home and want our disintegrating-quality citizenship, so why should they be speaking Spanish? So it makes their day to day life easier? Wouldn't that be making life harder in the future?

Basically, things will naturally dissolve due to much reasoning. Problems will continue for African-Americans as they'll dissolve through the massive assimilation both Mexican and Latin American immigrants are using. African-Americans need to defeat the factions of socially constructed blackness and need to integrate into what American capitalism like all other's to really achieve the American dream and live better lives. Inner-city African-Americans will always have a battle to fight, whether it be themselves, immigrants or working-class Euro-Americans. That is until, they grow up and listen to guy's like Bill Cosby.
LET ME JUST SAY A COUPLE OF THINGS IN RESPONSE TO THIS. NUMBER ONE I DO NOT NEED TO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHO IS LATINO HISPANIC OR WHATEVER OTHER TERM YOU WANT TO USE BECAUSE I SPEAK SPANISH FLUENTLY AND WITHOUT AN ACCENT I MIGHT ADD AND I CAN COMMUNICATE WITH THEM. SECONDLY REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU TELL ME I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY HAVE AND TENDANCY TO AVOID SOCIAL CONTACT CONVERSATION AND ANY CONTACT WITH BLACKS. I SEE IT AT WORK EVERY DAY. SOMETIMES I CALL CUSTOMERS WHO ARE SPANISH AND ARE WAITING IN LINE AND THEY WILL REFUSE TO COME TO ME THINKING THAT I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH AND WILL WAIT FOR ANY LIGHT SKINNED PERSON WHOM THEY THINK IS LATINO. I WORK WITH MANY PEOPLE OF MIDDLE EASTERN DECENT AND THEY HAVE THAT SO CALLED "LATIN LOOK" WHICH I MUST SAY DOESN'T EXIST BY THE WAY. NEVERTHELESS THE HISPANICS USUALLY ARE COMFORTABLE BEING ATTENDED BY THEM EVEN AFTER THEY FIND OUT THEY DON'T SPEAK SPANISH. THEY SUDDENLY BEGAN TALKING IN ENGLISH. MEXICANS AND CENTRAL AMERICAN HISPANICS IN GENERAL DO NOT LIKE BLACKS. THEY ARE AFRAID OF US FOR WHATEVER REASON BUT THEY DON'T REACT THIS WAY WITH WHITES. I HAVE BLACK CUBAN FRIENDS BLACK DOMINICAN FRIENDS AND PUERTO RICAN FRIENDS WHO HAVE ALL CONFIRMED THESE SAME EXPERIENCES WITH ME AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE. I WILL ADD THAT I HAVE TRAVELED TO EL SALVADOR AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE THERE SO I AM NOT BIGOTED RACIST OR PARTICULARLY BIASED AGAINST THEM IN ANYWAY BUT THAT ISN'T GOING TO STOP ME FROM TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT I SEE.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 AM

''And why exactly would evangelicals and the NRA benefit from a race war? I'm having a difficult time following that line of logic....

Regarding the OP, I have many friends in South Central L.A. who are moving because they now feel that their lives are in danger from Latino/Mexican gangs. There is an organization that is striving to awaken the Black community to the dangers of illegal immigration--I worked with them several times before leaving So Cal. The organization is called "Choose Black America" and they are terrific.

They need to update their website, but you can find it by googling the organization name.''

They may be good-intentioned, but aren't looking at the horizon. That's a right-now kind of thing. It sounds sad, but the best thing a black American in south central Los Angeles could do is move to somewhere like Alaska where there ''blackness'' is useless and ethnically oriented work-competition doesn't exist. The only way for poor blacks to not be poor anymore (or at the equivalence of where whites are at) is through a massive assimilative process.

Groups like Choose Black America are good natured, but just not seeing the big picture. If blacks want to achieve economic assimilation in this country, they should individually isolate and go about their businesses. I'm not saying it should be at the level of the witness protection program, but maybe knowing the same people just isn't doing any good. This isn't true for all low-class blacks, but if any of them are living in low-class areas, they got better options than they usually exercise.

The best option is to not subject a child to living an impoverished lifestyle. More men need to stop being cowards and start working. Having a baby out of wedlock should be illegal. I know people are afraid of the word socialism, but look at how under control the Scandinavian countries have their systems. By integrating socialized medicine and programs that help protect the rights of children, it's worth every penny that we'd be probably wasting on a gas-guzzling Escalade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.