Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 05:11 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible_alien View Post
Ok just posting my story here hoping to know what do you guys think about it.

I am a student and a programmer who is in good programmer category not exceptional. I have a dream of living in America. It is best country for computer nerds. I really don't want to move anywhere in world other than US. But the problem is there is no way I can get immigration through H1B visa. It is nearly impossible for me and there are no options available to me other marrying a american citizen.

So the only thing I can do is: Move there on a tourist visa or an internship, live illegally there, fall in love with an American citizen and then marry her. I don't want to break any law except living there illegally. I want to pay taxes properly and do everything that a good citizen should do.

The only thing that worries is finding my true love and getting married. I am strictly against sham marriage and have no intention of marrying if I don't love the person, but still I feel people will think I am using her for Green Card...even if the Green card is not the primary reason of marriage. Other than this I may want to marry as earlier as possible so I can get my Green Card and can visit my family in home country soon so this is going to raise eye brows again.

This is really complicated. Will you guys will hate me if I do that?
No its not personal, but many consider your motivation as a means, not because you are in Love!

Old 04-13-2015, 05:42 AM

7 posts, read 13,051 times
Quote:
No its not personal, but many consider your motivation as a means, not because you are in Love!
I will not blame you for that. I think the same way as you. Even I am not happy with this idea

Last edited by possible_alien; 04-13-2015 at 05:53 AM..

Old 04-13-2015, 07:08 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
I am atheist and I think I love American culture. So I think that will hardly be a problem. Other than this I don't want to move there to get a passport or anything. The main reason I want to move there is that, living to America is my dream. And I want to live there.

And I feel the same way when I think about marrying an American citizen with hidden intention of citizenship. I have full intention of telling all the truth to my partner before marriage. But still I feel like I am using her.

And I think I have never broken a single law ever in my life so far. And I don't want to break one in the future. I really want to go through H1B visa route but I don't think I be able to find a visa sponsoring company because I am not extra-ordinary/exceptional talent. Other than this, we can't forget lottery system there
You seem undecided in what you want since you keep using the term "I think". By the way, we are a nation based on Christianity so being an atheist it might not be the country for you (not that we don't have atheists that live here). Find a way to come here legally is my advice not illegally and trying to marry an American citizen for the purpose of staying here is against the law. We can't always have what we desire in life so keep that in mind.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Ok just posting my story here hoping to know what do you guys think about it.

I am a student and a programmer who is in good programmer category not exceptional. I have a dream of living in America. It is best country for computer nerds. I really don't want to move anywhere in world other than US. But the problem is there is no way I can get immigration through H1B visa. It is nearly impossible for me and there are no options available to me other marrying a american citizen.

So the only thing I can do is: Move there on a tourist visa or an internship, live illegally there, fall in love with an American citizen and then marry her. I don't want to break any law except living there illegally. I want to pay taxes properly and do everything that a good citizen should do.

The only thing that worries is finding my true love and getting married. I am strictly against sham marriage and have no intention of marrying if I don't love the person, but still I feel people will think I am using her for Green Card...even if the Green card is not the primary reason of marriage. Other than this I may want to marry as earlier as possible so I can get my Green Card and can visit my family in home country soon so this is going to raise eye brows again.

This is really complicated. Will you guys will hate me if I do that?
If the marriage is legit, I don't have an issue with it. I sponsored my foreign then-husband for a green card. (We ended up separating and divorcing so he never actually moved here.)

I do have a problem with people marrying American citizens for the sole purpose of getting a visa.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:43 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,381 times
OP, you wrote that coming to America is your dream. What are you expecting in the US to happen to make it your dream? Have you ever been here? The "American Dream" has turned into a pot pouri of expectations, so I don't understand why it is your "dream."

We have many, many American citizens who are looking for work, so it wouldn't be fair to them. Plus, how do you expect to get a job without authorization? What stops you from going through legal channels?

The fact you brought up marrying an American woman several times makes me think this is exactly what you plan to do should you arrive in our country.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:18 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,583,267 times
Annie1004 I think he's looking for an American to marry so he CAN get into this country, not after he gets in.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:43 PM

7 posts, read 13,051 times
From what I've heard H1B visa is much difficult to get than J-1 visa (its for internship..max 1 year). So I think I maybe able to get it.

So what's my plan is:

1) Find a good internship there for an year
2) After living there for a year, I can be sure if I want to spent my whole life there or want to back to my home country
3) If I don't the country that much, I will be back home
4) Otherwise I will stay there illegally and maybe work too illegally there
5) I will keep doing the same until I find the love of my life (NO SHAM MARRIAGE)
6) I will marry her after some time and then become legal
7) We will spent the rest of our life happily then

Old 04-13-2015, 11:57 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
If you expect any of us here to endorse your plan, then you are mistaken. We have no sympathy or patience for illegal aliens.

If you insist on being here illegally and working, be prepared to hustle for day labor and be exploited.

If you can't come here legally, then don't bother coming at all.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:02 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
From what I've heard H1B visa is much difficult to get than J-1 visa (its for internship..max 1 year). So I think I maybe able to get it.

So what's my plan is:

1) Find a good internship there for an year
2) After living there for a year, I can be sure if I want to spent my whole life there or want to back to my home country
3) If I don't the country that much, I will be back home
4) Otherwise I will stay there illegally and maybe work too illegally there
5) I will keep doing the same until I find the love of my life (NO SHAM MARRIAGE)
6) I will marry her after some time and then become legal
7) We will spent the rest of our life happily then

Our Son is married to a woman who is Chinese and she has not come to America yet because she has not been approved to be here. They have been married more than one year.

She will stay in China until she is "legally" approved to come to America to live with her American Husband.

So why not change your plan about the internship visa and get a regular "move out of your own country" visa or stay where you are.

There is no guarantee you will find "the love of your life" within one year during the internship which is actually supposed to be a learning experience not a dating to find a wife to get a green card experience.

Edited to add: I just realized what month it is, our Son will be married for 2 years next month.

Last edited by CSD610; 04-14-2015 at 12:33 AM..

Old 04-14-2015, 12:26 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,444 times
I think that we should eliminate spouse visa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration