Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithC View Post
hahaha, you guys take things WAY out of context.
Probably, because if they were left IN 'context', these things would be beyond argument....

Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
Under Roman law, anyone who claimed to be a king was guilty of rebellion against the emperor. The normal punishment was crucifixion. More than 2000 years later, it seems that we haven't learn anything.
So you are now comparing the enforcement of our immigration laws to crucifixion? What’s next – comparing illegal aliens to Christians being fed to the lions, or witches being burned at the stake?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:07 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
so the guys that were crucified along with Jesus were claiming to be kings? i dont think so.
THAT does it.....I'm OUTTA here.....

Old 05-02-2009, 02:07 PM

26 posts, read 35,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So you are now comparing the enforcement of our immigration laws to crucifixion? What’s next – comparing illegal aliens to Christians being fed to the lions, or witches being burned at the stake?

haha see what i mean. i told the guy that if he admitted he wasnt born here you guys would chew his ass out too.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM

one down, many to go. if we had a lmao smiley id use it.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Apparently, there is now an addendum to the Bible which states that illegal aliens are THE exception.
It appears that way. Apparently, the corporate masters and many of ours and mexico's politicians are the authors of said addendum to the Bible.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 PM

103 posts, read 140,394 times
Quote:
Nop I'm comparing the INTOLERANCE now and then. Intolerance was the bottom line for the crucifixion. I'm comparing the NO MERCY approach against these families.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:22 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
dont tell them that..you know, that you werent born here. they'll want to crucify you too.
No, they will not. This is the part you don't seem to understand. Most people who oppose amnesty welcome immigrants who come here from any & all countries, so long as they follow the procedures set out by our government. Obey our laws. I recognize that there are a few idiot xenophobes, and I ask that you recognize these are not the majority nor do they represent the views of most of us. Don't try to paint us all as being opposed to any immigration. It's just the illegal type we oppose.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:26 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
Nop I'm comparing the INTOLERANCE now and then. Intolerance was the bottom line for the crucifixion. I'm comparing the NO MERCY approach against these families.
What about said family members who left children behind in Mexico and the NO MERCY approach they take when they leave their children? Perhaps you should take a poll and ask these abandoned children how they feel. That is if they haven't starved to death by now, while she's sitting on her behind (which looks like its getting bigger by the day) playing the role of martyr, . . . .

Quote:
Flor Crisostomo's story echoes that of many of the millions of Latin Americans who, faced with dim economic prospects, opt to leave everything and everyone they know back home to seek a better life in the United States.
Quote:

Flor says she had no choice but to leave her home to find work

Flor, an indigenous woman from Mexico, is among the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants, the majority of them Mexican, currently in the US.
But having sought sanctuary in a Chicago church to evade capture, Flor is now also one of the figureheads of the campaign to get the US government to push through a comprehensive immigration reform to grant legal status to many illegal immigrants in the country.
Flor, 29, came to the US more than seven years ago, leaving behind three young children, two boys and a girl, who are looked after by her mother.
BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Immigrant tells of hard choices

Old 05-02-2009, 02:42 PM

good for flor. hopefully she is turning things around for her family. think about all the children in this country who are raised by their grandparents. why should a mexican woman trying to find the means to survive be pointed out as not fit to be a parent? at least shes trying to give them more than she had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration