Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 12:13 AM

26 posts, read 35,714 times

Advertisements

This is what I think. I think that a mass amnesty is wrong because, well, not all the people that flood into this country are good people. However, many of them are simply family oriented and come here with a common goal; to take care of their family. Lots of those undocumented workers do in fact have documents, though false, and work with them. So then, they pay taxes and whatever, but never get any of it back. Not every single illegial person in this country could find a job on the side. Their aren't enough lawns to mow or side jobs needed to be done. I also think that, if screened and approved, whats the problem with allowing citizenship? This country was founded on Immigrants with a purpose to get away from a bad government (such as the corrupt Mexican government) where they couldn't get ahead. Most of those who do work with fake documents earn minimum wage. Those jobs they do, by the way, aren't the best and most of the Americans don't want them anyway? What will you do when all the businesses in this country are filthy? Or, when the weeds get so thick thick that you can't move? Or when all of the "dirty" jobs they do aren't done? I think most of you will be thinking twice then.

In conclusion, I think good people are good people no matter where they come from. So they break a law...many in this country has broken a law many times whether it be your parking tickets or speeding tickets, or how about duis or even more, those filthy criminals..with money and the right lawyers; that are given amnesty by our judicial system everyday? Give them all SS numbers, then the government and the public will get what they want, money.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:46 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithC View Post
This is what I think. I think that a mass amnesty is wrong because, well, not all the people that flood into this country are good people. However, many of them are simply family oriented and come here with a common goal; to take care of their family. Lots of those undocumented workers do in fact have documents, though false, and work with them. So then, they pay taxes and whatever, but never get any of it back. Not every single illegial person in this country could find a job on the side. Their aren't enough lawns to mow or side jobs needed to be done. I also think that, if screened and approved, whats the problem with allowing citizenship? This country was founded on Immigrants with a purpose to get away from a bad government (such as the corrupt Mexican government) where they couldn't get ahead. Most of those who do work with fake documents earn minimum wage. Those jobs they do, by the way, aren't the best and most of the Americans don't want them anyway? What will you do when all the businesses in this country are filthy? Or, when the weeds get so thick thick that you can't move? Or when all of the "dirty" jobs they do aren't done? I think most of you will be thinking twice then.

In conclusion, I think good people are good people no matter where they come from. So they break a law...many in this country has broken a law many times whether it be your parking tickets or speeding tickets, or how about duis or even more, those filthy criminals..with money and the right lawyers; that are given amnesty by our judicial system everyday? Give them all SS numbers, then the government and the public will get what they want, money.

They are here illegally first of all. They did not respect this country like the immigrants of the past or the ones that do it legally. They refuse to assimilate into our country and instead wave their own countries flags. That my friend is a travesty. Our forefathers and relatives spilled blood to protect our American flag and they disrespect us by flying their countries flag above ours. That is wrong imho.

If they were so worried about their families they could do it the legal way. Many have. They use false documents, which means they stole someones identity. How would you like to wake up one morning and find the IRS knocking at your door because of fraud? Or how about going to get a home loan and finding out your credit was ruined by some IA. It will cost you thousands and years to work that out.

In closing, the leeches need to stay in their own country and make it better. If they love their country so much that they refuse to become legal America loving citizens, then they need to stay and make it a better place. Rather than living off of the American taxpayers dime.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:52 AM

943 posts, read 3,160,779 times
Default Insane logic!

Yes, we should give amnesty and US Citizenship to all the good people in the world who want to come to America for their families. That way the word is out that if you are nice and family orientated you can get amnesty.

Quote:

Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 AM

its not that easy to become legal. and most of them do come legally, on a temporary visa, but stay past the intended time. the government knows and doesnt care. and you tell me, how do they live off of the Americans dime when, if illegal, they can't get any benefits? that makes no sense. i dont agree with them stealing someones identity or whatever, but i do know that they use the identities of their friends and family that are legal. they dont open credit accounts and all that cause they arent that stupid..its their family. if they cant even get a decent job, how could they get enough info to steal someones identity? And on another point you made, all of the illegal immigrants i know would do just about anything to become a legal resident or citizen in this country. it isnt something they are proud of, they just have no other option. one more thing, like i said before..how can they make their country better when, like i said, the government is corrupt? know how the cubans came here as refugees? see it that way. look at some pictures of the children there and if you still think the way you do then you are as hearless as you sound.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 AM

by the way, i was talking about amnesty to the ones who are here, settled, and have lives. youre talking about years and years here; they shouldnt just be uprooted.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times
Quote:
by the way, i was talking about amnesty to the ones who are here, settled, and have lives. youre talking about years and years here; they shouldnt just be uprooted.

There are many posts showing the mindblowing cases of what an IA will do to stay here. Ever heard of Anchor babies? It happens. Your right I am heartless to illegals. I have no tolerance for them whatsoever. I do not care where they are from. Why not? They uprooted themselves after years and years of living in their home country.

You should be ashamed of yourself for knowing illegals and allowing them to stay here. You are part of the problem with the growing IA population. You are an American, you should be proud of your country. We allow the largest amount of Immigrants to join our citizenship. I have no qualms with legal immigrants. I love them, they are hard workers, and some of the most patriotic people you would meet.

IA's are criminals plain and simple. They would dare to disrespect our flag, they would dare to hold their countries flags above ours. That is a travesty as well as simple treason IMHO. If you love your home country so much, get the hell out and make that place better.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:40 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
??
Had to laugh at that, as I wondered how many people are posting here who have absolutely no clue what a carriage return is.

It refers to the method used on an archaic device that many of us used back in the day to type our correspondence. It was called a typewriter. The part of the typewriter that carried the paper past the spot where the keys would strike was called a carriage. To end a line, and begin typing at the beginning of the next line, you hit carriage return, moving the entire carriage back to the left and rolling the paper up one line.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
If they are here illegally, then they should indeed be uprooted. If they want to come back, they can follow the procedures laid out. Ignoring the law for a long period of time does not alter the law.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:50 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Really? In light of the fact that the majority of them already had children/family members and were rooted, settled and had lives in their own countries prior to uprooting themselves, the only difference would be that this time the decision and cost of sending them back would be made according to America's rule of law.

These people willfully brake the law, birth children and are here illegally, killing Americans and bankrupting this country in the process. Why should deliberate and methodically conceived criminal behavior be rewarded with citizenship?

Old 05-02-2009, 01:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
I personally know a man who has supported his family for years from dealing drugs. According to your “logic” he should also be absolved of his crimes. After all, he has only done what was necessary to support his family. He’s a ‘nice’ guy, and he and his family “are here, settled, and have lives.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration