Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Our country has every right to enforce it's laws...
Of course, but I personally don't agree with all of them, and depending on how we wind up dealing with illegal immigration, I might not agree with the law(s), either. There are other laws I don't agree with at all. I don't see how something is right just because it's the law.

Quote:
I believe 20 million plus people to be an invasion, don't you?
Not necessarily, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Of course, but I personally don't agree with all of them, and depending on how we wind up dealing with illegal immigration, I might not agree with the law(s), either. There are other laws I don't agree with at all. I don't see how something is right just because it's the law.
It doesn't matter weather you or illegal immigrants agree with the law or not, it's still the law. You don't get to pick and choose which laws you get to follow based on which ones you believe to be unfair. A teenager may believe that his/her parents telling them they can't do something or go somewhere is unfair, but if they disobey they will be subject to the consequences regardless.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:13 PM

283 posts, read 1,282,016 times
Michael Chertoff? The very same man in charge of FEMA during Katrina. Nobody but an idiot and his mother would believe what comes out of that moron's mouth.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:18 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
That wasn't my point, though. Laws change.
As of right now, there are immigration laws that are being arrogantly ignored. Our country has every right to enforce said laws, yet people want to chastize those of us who want our nation's laws enforced. Work to change the law, don't snub your nose at it.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Umm I don't know what your on but a fence is the greatest idea. So then I guess you don't have a fence dividing you and your neighbor. I guess some people don't like privacy.
If my neighbor comes across my line and steals my stuff, tears up my yard, eats my food, hurts my kids you better bet damn be sure the fence would be up by morning and I will have it locked and loaded ready for the next trip over my fence. Guaranteed !

The fence is a good reason only because they have forced us to do so.

Do you see Canadians coming in and doing the things these scumbags are doing, NO YOU DONT ! No reason for a northern fence then.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
Michael Chertoff? The very same man in charge of FEMA during Katrina. Nobody but an idiot and his mother would believe what comes out of that moron's mouth.
Hmmm FEMA made mistakes during Katrina. But no where near what the media portrayed. La and New Orleans own the large share of that snafu.
That pissing contest the mayor and Govenor had going on resulted in the lion share of failures.
The fence is a good idea. It should be a double fence however topped with razor wire.
We have a right to protect our country and guard our borders. The woes of mexico are not our concern nor should we be forced to endure their trespass.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
If my neighbor comes across my line and steals my stuff, tears up my yard, eats my food, hurts my kids you better bet damn be sure the fence would be up by morning and I will have it locked and loaded ready for the next trip over my fence. Guaranteed !

The fence is a good reason only because they have forced us to do so.

Do you see Canadians coming in and doing the things these scumbags are doing, NO YOU DONT ! No reason for a northern fence then.
No I don't see, like you I only see what the media shows us. If we're going to secure our southern border, then we better secure our northern border as well. better safe than sorry.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
Please stop blaming everyone for the Katrina disaster but the two who were IN TOTAL charge of the operation, that would be the freak mayor and goof Governor.
They failed to do the right things to protect their own people.
No feds are even allowed to be involved until these two GOOFS ask them to be involved which they did not until it was too late.

HENCE !!

Look at how Jeb Bush handled the hurricanes in Florida, perfectly !!
Look at how Arnold handled the fires in Calf, perfectly !!

They did it right and did not screw it up and blame someone else.

Your liberal freaks in charge were the absolute cause of the Katrina problems.
Not GW, Not Chertoff, Not Fema, Not anyone but the two liberal leaders who failed to follow there OWN WRITTEN PLAN......

Your lying NO mayor and your lying Govenor both knew weeks in advance the levies would not hold upm to what may be coming, they FAILED to act.

If this were in Florida or Calf, it wouldnt have been like this, see that is the job of thr mayor and govenors and not the President or HS people until the goofy governor calls them for help, then they come in.

Again, liberals failed to act and respond and all they can do is blame others.

Bill Clinton is also to blame for his knowledge from the army corp that the levies were in much needed repair and he would not sign the bill that would give them the money to fix them.

Also, the people are to blame, if I knew 5 days ahead of time a hurricane was coming and it was already known to be that huge, I would be outta here. As would most civilized people.

No excuses, the buses were there and the people failed to use them.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
No I don't see, like you I only see what the media shows us. If we're going to secure our southern border, then we better secure our northern border as well. better safe than sorry.
No reason to build a fence on the northern side, they have not give us reason to do so. If they come in and do the things these people have done to us, then yes, we build it.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:36 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
No reason to build a fence on the northern side, they have not give us reason to do so. If they come in and do the things these people have done to us, then yes, we build it.
Like I said.. better safe than sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration