Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Mexico is a big country why don't they stay there and fill that place up???You should see a movie called "Soylent Green" It might be pretty extreme but with the way we're turning food into fuel it could happen
I wonder how many young people have even heard of that movie nowadays. It should be required viewing for everyone as part of American education, IMHO. Sadly, you couldn't make a movie like that today because it would be too intellectual and too controversial; Hollywood would never permit it. Lots of youngin's probably don't know what's meant by the phrase "The scoops are on their way!" nor the special secret ingredient that makes up the food of the future.

Quote:
This is the police. This is the police. I am asking you to disperse. The supply of Soylent Green has been exhausted. You must evacuate the area. The scoops are on their way. The scoops are on their way!

Last edited by Bhaalspawn; 02-10-2008 at 09:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
<Bump>

So, has anyone else watched the Immigration Gumballs lecture for the first time and what did you think?

Old 02-24-2008, 11:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I wouldn't call 2.1 children per couple a "high reproduction rate". As far as I know their reproduction rate is almost the same as ours.
Mexicans generally come to the USA to give birth. If they give birth in Mexico they have to pay something of the hospital bill and don't get food stamps, WIC and so on.

They not only have many more children than do Americans but they have them at a very young age -- while the American woman is just finishing up her education, starting a job and getting married -- which is often age 30, the Mexican woman is now a grandmother.

Middle class Mexican women tend to have fewer children for the obvious reasons -- but the lower class Mexicans coming here are often having 10 or more children. The more children, the more foodstamps.

In spite of massive emigration -- the population of Mexico is growing at a tremendous rate and the population of the USA is growing at a tremendous rate mostly due to immigration from Mexico.

This is too typical of what we see with the lower class Mexicans:

Early-morning trailer blaze leaves local family of 10 without a home - Las Cruces Sun-News

The American Red Cross is accepting donations of clothing, toys and household items for Urbina's family. The children — all boys — are ages 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 12 and 14. Clothing sizes needed are 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 and 14. The mother wears women's size 14 and needs maternity clothing. The father wears men's size 32 clothing.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexicans generally come to the USA to give birth. If they give birth in Mexico they have to pay something of the hospital bill and don't get food stamps, WIC and so on.

They not only have many more children than do Americans but they have them at a very young age -- while the American woman is just finishing up her education, starting a job and getting married -- which is often age 30, the Mexican woman is now a grandmother.

Middle class Mexican women tend to have fewer children for the obvious reasons -- but the lower class Mexicans coming here are often having 10 or more children. The more children, the more foodstamps.

In spite of massive emigration -- the population of Mexico is growing at a tremendous rate and the population of the USA is growing at a tremendous rate mostly due to immigration from Mexico.

This is too typical of what we see with the lower class Mexicans:

Early-morning trailer blaze leaves local family of 10 without a home - Las Cruces Sun-News

The American Red Cross is accepting donations of clothing, toys and household items for Urbina's family. The children — all boys — are ages 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 12 and 14. Clothing sizes needed are 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 and 14. The mother wears women's size 14 and needs maternity clothing. The father wears men's size 32 clothing.
And your sources for Mexican grandmothers who are the age of 30 and having 10 children are where? Personally, actually coming from a Mexican family no one in this day and age is having 10 children anymore. This was 40 years ago, my mother comes from a family of a whopping 17 kids and my father from a family of 9. My Grandmother which had 9 kids, 6 of which are American born came to the U.S with barely anything. Never took on welfare or any help from the Government.

I can point out one problem, in Mexican culture people don't think about the future. It isn't how it was 40 years ago when mothers would have a boatload of children and they all gave money back to their parents. They are having 2 or 3 children and not really caring about their parents anymore. Most of the time they don't have retirement accounts, they buy nice cars but they really don't think they're going to get old one day. That is a problem I see in the future.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
And your sources for Mexican grandmothers who are the age of 30 and having 10 children are where? Personally, actually coming from a Mexican family no one in this day and age is having 10 children anymore. This was 40 years ago, my mother comes from a family of a whopping 17 kids and my father from a family of 9. My Grandmother which had 9 kids, 6 of which are American born came to the U.S with barely anything. Never took on welfare or any help from the Government.

I can point out one problem, in Mexican culture people don't think about the future. It isn't how it was 40 years ago when mothers would have a boatload of children and they all gave money back to their parents. They are having 2 or 3 children and not really caring about their parents anymore. Most of the time they don't have retirement accounts, they buy nice cars but they really don't think they're going to get old one day. That is a problem I see in the future.
Not just a 'Mexican' problem either.......look at probably any country with a birthrate of 2 children per woman or lower.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:34 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
She's got ANOTHER bun in the oven?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration