Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 01:17 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I have not once said that this is my goal, just pointing out the pervasive hypocrisy taking place here.
Yep, lets talk about hypocrisy. What's Mexico's stance on illegal immigration?

And while we're at it, what's your address? You don't mind open boarders, so you won't mind me sneaking into your house uninvited and helping myself to some of your things, right? RIGHT?

Yep, lets talk about hypocrisy lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 01:42 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Smoking pot is a victimless crime.

Grand theft auto, just like illegal immigration is theft, and cost US taxpayers $113 BILLION a year.

Not to mention identity theft and the theft of employment from legal Americans.

Oh and lets not forget tax fraud.
Smoking pot is victimless unless one is high and is involved in an accident that injures/kills innocents.

GTA is a felony.

It is hard to compare to breaking immigration laws, including visa overstayers who are aware when their visas expire and ignore our laws.

Let's just agree that most in this forum know the difference; the small percentage that argue are just that: trying to stir the pot (no pun intended).

Old 03-22-2017, 01:44 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,002 times
Quote:
I have not once said that this is my goal, just pointing out the pervasive hypocrisy taking place here.
Hypocrisy?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:47 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Smoking pot is victimless unless one is high and is involved in an accident that injures/kills innocents.

Driving a car while impaired, be it alcohol or pot, is considered a crime.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Yep, lets talk about hypocrisy. What's Mexico's stance on illegal immigration?

And while we're at it, what's your address? You don't mind open boarders, so you won't mind me sneaking into your house uninvited and helping myself to some of your things, right? RIGHT?

Yep, lets talk about hypocrisy lol.
^^^^ I ran out of rep or I would have repped you and westcoastforme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Probably an illegal alien or has family or friends that are illegal aliens
^^^^That would be my guess, too.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:03 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
We welcome immigrants that will contribute to society, those tend to be business people, engineers, doctors, accountants, etc. We don't want the poor and unskilled. It's not a secret, it's not a conspiracy, there's no hypocrisy. I think every single country in the world functions in this manner, except those middle eastern countries that important thousands of Indians and Filipinos as slave labor for their construction projects. You happen to be on the short end of that stick, can speak English and have internet access.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:22 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Smoking pot is a victimless crime.

Grand theft auto, just like illegal immigration is theft, and cost US taxpayers $113 BILLION a year.

Not to mention identity theft and the theft of employment from legal Americans.

Oh and lets not forget tax fraud.
"Smoking pot is a victimless crime."

Not always.

I have a friend that was hit by a car driven by someone smoking pot and was seriously injured.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:27 PM

309 posts, read 515,929 times
None citizens' babies born here should not be given US citizenship automatically either. This is the airplane era, not Mayflower.

The illegals' clans cost us outragous amount of money: food, healthcare, education, all sorts of welfares.

Dispicable.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:59 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Anti-illegal would be if you had a problem with undocumented immigrants but if we simply provided them some paperwork and gave them a green card then you'd be "cool" with it. After all, they would then be considered "legal."

However if you're response to that is hell no, we don't need those 11 million immigrants here. They need to go back to their country of origin. I'm cool with like 5,000 of them staying so long as they aren't living in my town. 'Merica!

Well, that, my friends, would indicate that legality has nothing to do with your outrage. You are anti-immigrant, plain and simple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece.
You can't really be this ignorant regarding immigration. You have to be pretending.
Legal immigration is an organized process with quotas, allowing people from all over the world to have a chance at living here and becoming citizens and contributing to our society.
Illegal immigration is a free for all for anyone clever enough to make it over the border without any concern for laws or their ability to contribute. What makes the people of Mexico or central America so special that they believe they have a right to be here without any regard to laws or other people that should be ahead of them coming here legally?
Legality has everything to do with my outrage. Through legality, we have a balanced immigration program that contributes to the well being of this country. Legal immigration exists to benefit this country and give people from all over the world a chance at living here and becoming citizens. Illegal immigration exists to benefit people that break laws with no concern of entering in controlled numbers. People from Mexico or Central American don't have a God given right to be here just because they can hop over the border while others go through the process of immigrating here legally.
My parents immigrated here legally. They didn't crawl under a fence along the southern border to be here. You and others who promote Illegal immigration have zero respect for the people who took the time and trouble to immigrate here legally. Your's is nothing more than a self serving, selfish attitude and is why I personally would like nothing more than to see every single illegal deported.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:20 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Anti-illegal would be if you had a problem with undocumented immigrants but if we simply provided them some paperwork and gave them a green card then you'd be "cool" with it. After all, they would then be considered "legal."

However if you're response to that is hell no, we don't need those 11 million immigrants here. They need to go back to their country of origin. I'm cool with like 5,000 of them staying so long as they aren't living in my town. 'Merica!

Well, that, my friends, would indicate that legality has nothing to do with your outrage. You are anti-immigrant, plain and simple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece.
So by your logic you would be okay with the worlds some 7 billion population flood the USA?
The laws allow immigrants through a quota, don't follow it you have to leave. Sounds way more than fair, unless your one of those lawless society types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration