Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 03:35 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sorry you werent able to see more families torn apart and hard working immigrants thrown out.

And what say you to Bush and Reagan's vid?

Hilarious that no one is responding to that?

lol
They aren't immigrants, just like a random person who sneaks into a school doesn't automatically become a student. A person who sneaks into someone's house doesn't become a resident of that house.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:12 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,553,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
They aren't immigrants, just like a random person who sneaks into a school doesn't automatically become a student. A person who sneaks into someone's house doesn't become a resident of that house.
Nor are they all so innocent. If I brought my family to another country illegally I'm the one who should be held responsible if one or more family members gets deported. I'd like to live in New Zealand for a couple of years. Why not? I can run my business from anywhere. Well, unless I'm willing to invest a ton of money or set up a business there I can't. If I flew there with my family and overstayed it would be I who is responsible for anything that might happen, not New Zealand. It would be I who knowingly and willingly violated their laws and subjected my family to risk.

All that said, I don't think there is any big support for raiding homes to deport grannies reading books to their grandkids in the living room. That isn't what is happening either. There have been a few cases that had me scratching my head thinking "really?" but for the most part they are rounding up people who haven't been these model immigrants.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:36 PM

406 posts, read 288,667 times
Quote:
Good, no one should be illegally in the country. Trump has made good on his promise, he is doing what no other president has done before, they've certainly talked about it including Obama, but all were too scared to actually do it. I hope ICE is successful. I'm all for immigration and making the process more streamlined, but I will never support ILLEGAL immigration and those who broke the law back then are still breaking the law every single day they are here.
Let's be honest here. Your concern is not for the laws of this country, given that you are a flaming supporter of The Donald, who - along with his family, political circle, and the White House - has broken a ton of laws.
You are simply an apologist of political and societal regression

It's not just the false rhetoric,
(here are the facts)
  • they have a positive impact of the economy: Growth in GDP, personal income, job creation, and tax revenue
  • they are not taking jobs away from citizens
  • they pay billions in taxes, while receiving little benefits
  • they commit significantly less crime than native born citizens
but it's also an appeal to white anxiety. As the Donald has indicated, he would rather accept people from predominately white countries.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:03 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
Let's be honest here. Your concern is not for the laws of this country, given that you are a flaming supporter of The Donald, who - along with his family, political circle, and the White House - has broken a ton of laws.

(here are the facts)
  • they have a positive impact of the economy: Growth in GDP, personal income, job creation, and tax revenue
but it's also an appeal to white anxiety. As the Donald has indicated, he would rather accept people from predominately white countries.
+1

Preach.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:43 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post

(here are the facts)
You mean a merit based system like most developed countries use including countries the left fantasizes about wishing our country could be like? Everything is racism now though, WHAT YOU WANT TO APPROVE IMMIGRANTS WHO ARE EDUCATED AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO FEED THEIR OWN FAMILES!!! YOU RACIST BLANK!!! lol

Old 02-28-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
You mean a merit based system like most developed countries use including countries the left fantasizes about wishing our country could be like? Everything is racism now though, WHAT YOU WANT TO APPROVE IMMIGRANTS WHO ARE EDUCATED AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO FEED THEIR OWN FAMILES!!! YOU RACIST BLANK!!! lol
No, I want immigrants to be able to bring their families too. That's how my family came here in the 1960s and 1970s.

#usa

Old 02-28-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
As the left winger you seem like...
With respect to this issue, I have the same view as Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush.

It's the deport-them-all folks who are extremist. And cold hearted. And UnAmerican.

#fyi

Old 02-28-2018, 07:45 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,328,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
With respect to this issue, I have the same view as Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush.

It's your view that's extremist. And cold hearted. And UnAmerican.

#fyi
My view isn’t extreme, as I never said I WANT immigrants to be found & kicked out. I just don’t agree that they should be “coveted” and taken up for, when no matter how it’s put, they simply aren’t here legally/the proper way. I don’t care if they’re here, it doesn’t directly affect me in daily life. I never said I want families torn apart, as that’s simply not the case either.

I don’t classify myself left or right (though I do lean right) but I also can’t stand the left extreme that is demonstrated everyday throughout the Bay Area. The “open mindedness” leftist speak of, is the furthest thing from open mindedness actually, and it’s quite pathetic.

It’s how California is, and that’s fine & dandy, but I don’t have to agree with it & everyone around me. If you don’t agree, that’s fantastic, that’s what an opinion is and is there for, but don’t call me wrong for having a belief of my own, just as you do. I’ve not once said you’re “wrong”, I’ve just showed discontent for what you say/believe, but it doesn’t make you wrong. Be “open minded” ehh?

Old 02-28-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
My view isn’t extreme, as I never said I WANT immigrants to be found & kicked out. I just don’t agree that they should be “coveted” and taken up for, when no matter how it’s put, they simply aren’t here legally/the proper way. I don’t care if they’re here, it doesn’t directly affect me in daily life. I never said I want families torn apart, as that’s simply not the case either.

I don’t classify myself left or right (though I do lean right) but I also can’t stand the left extreme that is demonstrated everyday throughout the Bay Area. The “open mindedness” leftist speak of, is the furthest thing from open mindedness actually, and it’s quite pathetic.

It’s how California is, and that’s fine & dandy, but I don’t have to agree with it & everyone around me. If you don’t agree, that’s fantastic, that’s what an opinion is and is there for, but don’t call me wrong for having a belief of my own, just as you do. I’ve not once said you’re “wrong”, I’ve just showed discontent for what you say/believe, but it doesn’t make you wrong. Be “open minded” ehh?
Hey dont get your panties in a bunch. I changed my comment just as soon as I posted it.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:03 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So how many people do you wants to save? Over half the worlds population would come here if they could find a way across the border and they would all come from a relatively servere situation relative to us.

Immigration exists in this country as in every country across the globe to serve its host nation. We have to do what is best for us. We should also help those across the globe who need it and the best way to do that is to send dollars to them as they can help way more people in there home country than bringing people here.
If you sent dollars to El Salvador, it wouldn't fix the problem, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: