Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:34 PM

39 posts, read 214,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
It would be nice if we could take some steps on fixing the problems with illegals, the gov't is why they are here to start with. There's not enough people in this country with a back bone anymore to stand up to our gov't, too many people worry about being politically correct anymore.
I read somewhere a couple months or so ago that TN is one of the top states in the nation for attracting illegals. I wonder why?
Well, when the Dems want illegals here so that they can make them into voters and perpetuate their power, and the Reps want them here for cheap labor for business what chance do we have to stop this nonsense?

Old 12-15-2006, 10:09 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,684 times
Angry illegal aliens

YankeeFaninOrlando Well, when the Dems want illegals here so that they can make them into voters and perpetuate their power, and the Reps want them here for cheap labor for business what chance do we have to stop this nonsense?

One thing that every one could do is what I did, write your State Rep., Congressman, Senator and Governor. Don't be afraid to speak up and let these people know just how you feel about what your country has become because of this illegal alien crap. Make it very clear that you are not happy with the job they are doing making you take a back seat to illegals.
Make it very clear that you WILL remember them when they are up for re-election. It will take more than the people of TN, it will take people in all states to get anything done about it. Don't be afraid to put the heat on these people, let them know that you are serious. Every illegal in this country is a CRIMINAL period, the minute they come across the border they break Federal Laws and become criminals in this country. Anyone that wants to read that law I will happy to post it for all to read. These people are ALIENS not IMMIGRANTS.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:21 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,941 times
Quote:
YankeeFaninOrlando Well, when the Dems want illegals here so that they can make them into voters and perpetuate their power, and the Reps want them here for cheap labor for business what chance do we have to stop this nonsense?

One thing that every one could do is what I did, write your State Rep., Congressman, Senator and Governor. Don't be afraid to speak up and let these people know just how you feel about what your country has become because of this illegal alien crap. Make it very clear that you are not happy with the job they are doing making you take a back seat to illegals.
Make it very clear that you WILL remember them when they are up for re-election. It will take more than the people of TN, it will take people in all states to get anything done about it. Don't be afraid to put the heat on these people, let them know that you are serious. Every illegal in this country is a CRIMINAL period, the minute they come across the border they break Federal Laws and become criminals in this country. Anyone that wants to read that law I will happy to post it for all to read. These people are ALIENS not IMMIGRANTS.
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

Old 12-16-2006, 02:15 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,670 times
Quote:

May I also add that you should write to the major networks. You hear about the problems and the anger among citizens on Lou Dobbs, but how many other news shows report anything? If you search online you will find that there have been numerous demonstrations against illegals, but you don't see it on tv. They don't report the real problems they cause--they just report things like the people who are supporting that poor woman that doesn't want to be deported.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:21 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTinTennessee View Post
I'll just keep this short and sweet. I have lived in Nashville for two years and I love almost everything about this bustling city....... except for the damned huge population of illegals. I'm not a racist, I just have no respect for those that habitually break the law, and by living in this country illegally, these people are breaking the law with every step they take.

They are bankrupting our health care system and overcrowding our schools and jails, driving on our roads (usually drunk) with no insurance, and causing a host of other problems. I don't want any part of it.

Please help.
I feel for you. You would not want to come to Mexifornia (California) 100 times worse than anywhere else. It's sick!

Old 12-16-2006, 03:38 PM

177 posts, read 898,877 times
The talk on talk radio last week was that illegals average killing 12 American citizens every day. By robbery, domestics, drunk driving ect. Phil Valentine has a radio show WWTN 99.7 Nashville and has had a few rallies to demagnetize Tennessee. The way to do this is jail the employers, the landlords and do away with all government handouts. This way they will go home.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:40 PM

421 posts, read 348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Brennus View Post
You forgot to mention that they are also voting in our elections for the liberals who pander to them. By 2025 you won't recognize this country. It is true that we are a nation of immigrants but the big difference between past immigrants and the current wave is that the illegals from Mexico have no intention of assimilating into American culture. They want to change our culture to suit them and a generation of political correctness and the dumbing down of the American populace has created an environment in which it will be possible for us to lose our National identity. A nation needs three things in order to exist, they are: Language, Borders and Culture. Our borders are nonexistent, we are losing our language every time we make concessions in favor of bilingualism (in some cases trilingualism such as in Michigan where all state forms are in English, Spanish and Arabic. We even have Arabic speakers available at the welfare office so they can get their food stamps) and by 2025 our culture will be lost in large part because of illegal immigration, but also because of the deliberate dumbing down of our children by the public school systems in regards to our history, heritage and national pride.

Do you belong to the Paul Revere Society? Welcome my friend!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 05:13 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
In Ft Collins, Colorado, my friends' Anglo kids went to a bilingual program.
They learned. They are all going to college.
They are now fluent in Spanish.
I do not think they suffered any ill effects. On the contrary.
I do not approve of *illegal* aliens.
But people legally who come here and learn to speak English are okay by me.
I only know paquito espanol myself but might try to improve on that.
My older son is fluent in French and not too shabby in Italian. He hpes to learn Arabic.
Welcome to globalization, guys.
It comes with our supposedly strong economy.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:21 PM

421 posts, read 348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
In Ft Collins, Colorado, my friends' Anglo kids went to a bilingual program.
They learned. They are all going to college.
They are now fluent in Spanish.
I do not think they suffered any ill effects. On the contrary.
I do not approve of *illegal* aliens.
But people legally who come here and learn to speak English are okay by me.
I only know paquito espanol myself but might try to improve on that.
My older son is fluent in French and not too shabby in Italian. He hpes to learn Arabic.
Welcome to globalization, guys.
It comes with our supposedly strong economy.

Have you lived through a time when we've had a bad economy in this country like we do now? Can you name a year or a time frame when we've had it as bad as it is now? Or is this the worst on record so far? I want to see if we can compare it with other Administrations, maybe I'm missing something. All I know is I'm making more money than ever and I have more money in my own pocket than ever. Maybe it's just me.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:49 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,370,322 times
Yeah the government sucks. Illegal should definitely be deported, and employers who collaborate with illegals should be hung.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration