Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Last time I checked, that wall was a complete failure.
Really?

The last time I checked, a couple of weeks ago, touching the wall and talking with some who live along the border, they saying the wall is having a benefical impact.

When was the last time you were down on the border touching the wall may I ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:43 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
Don't worry about me and the Hispanics. They understand the subtlety of my questions.

So tell me Mr. Dogs aren't that smart. How long do you think it will take for the coyotes to learn where we are planning to build walls? So instead of being dumb like my dog, who just walks the fence line until he finds the opening in the fence, the coyote looks on Google Earth and see exactly where the gaps are. Or he logs onto City-Data: Coyote Routes and gets the latest information from that system. However you spin it a 700 mile fence is about as useful as a 700 mile bridge to Hawaii.
If you've got a 700 mile fence on a 1500 mile border, instead of 1500 miles available to the coyotes, now 800 miles is available. While the coyotes are heading for the "hole in the fence", the Border Patrol will be doing likewise.
700 miles of border that's fenced, is significantly harder to cross than it was before it was fenced....this means the enforcement can be concentrated on the remaining unfenced sections of the border.

Respectfully yours,
Mr. "Dogs Aren't That Smart", at your service

PS..If you're interested, I can go on to explain how locking your doors and windows at night MAY keep MOST burglars out of your house....even though a FEW may still come in through the roof vents. You'll still get burglars, but not NEARLY as many, if you just do the "door and window" thing.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
Last time I checked, that wall was a complete failure.
You're right...that's why, in Berlin, Ronald Reagan challenged the Soviet Premier, "Mister Gorbachev, DON'T Tear down that WALL !!...It's a complete failure, sir, so go ahead and KEEP it there !!"....

(Actually, folks, we're talking about a NUMBER of walls/ fences here....the wall between East and West Berlin........the E German- W German border....AND the US - Mexico border....but it's a fun discussion, I guess)...

Last edited by macmeal; 05-19-2008 at 07:12 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 07:21 PM

335 posts, read 1,029,188 times
[quote=What!;3800764]Ummmmmm......we're talking about people who came here illegally in the first place (most of them through Mexico). I do not deny that there are people who came here legally, got mixed up with the immigration rules, and then lost their status (sometimes without knowing it). I can understand that and not make a big deal out of it. That is not what gripes me and many others.

We are talking about the people who come here illegally on a regular basis. These people know what they are doing is against the law. Why do you think they are skedaddling out of Arizona? The people who knowingly break the law and then expect benefits are the ones we, the citizens of the U.S., truly cannot stand. Is this finally getting through to you people?[/quote]
Nice reach but failed nonetheless. Law breakers are law breakers and unless you have a bag of truth stashed somewhere that states all the the other "At one point legal residents didn't understand the terms, you fail again"
And you people? Tsk...Tsk...you know nothing about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We all realize illegal aliens originate from numerous countries. However, the 'vast majority' are Mexican nationals. It is also this group that arrogantly make 'demands' and exhibit a flagrant disdain for the citizens of this country, and a total lack of respect for our laws.

Respect is earned; and their deliberate circumvention of our laws, and the rampant identity theft and sundry criminal offenses, hardly garners respect. For the umpteenth time; this is NOT a racial issue.
I agree with some of your post, for the majority depending on where you may live there is a huge influx of Mexican illegal immigrants and no it is not okay that they they leech off of the system however are we going to cast judgment on these people because our country has allowed them to abuse our system? C'mon from the posts I have read stating they are nothing more than uneducated sub-humans, how are they possible capable of doing this? I rarely see any real blame going towards the guilty.

Quote:
How true! The pro-illegals have no substantive defense for this invasion, so they incessantly accuse those opposed to illegal immigration as being racists, xenophobes, and nativists. As their level of desperation increases, we can expect their ranting to intensify.
It is relatively easy to do so when these issues are raised, talked about and in these "chats, posts, blogs are made they are drowned in racist rhetoric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Can it be racist when it's applied equally to all illegals, regardless of their background? I'm just as opposed to illegal Poles, and I am Indians or Pakistanis, as I am Chinese, as I am Cubans...I don't care WHERE they come from, as long as they go BACK wherever that is.
lol! A fellow equal oppurtunity hater. There is a way to get a point across without stooping far down to racism and deragotory statements. And my feelings? If they follow protocoland come here legally, the better it is for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Of course not.

Just when a certain group has an agenda; they will do whatever it takes, it seems, to get their way.

If it means throwing the 'race card'......so be it------never mind that such a stunt tends to backfire very badly at times.

Case in point: the putative 'Hispanic' leadership has quite possibly endangered the well being of any individual (of any actual race/ethnicity) who looks like a stereotypical Latino by chanting stuff like 'Brown Power' etc.
You are one of the worst on this board as far as xenophobic statements and I have observed you slander and smear an entire group. As far as the Brown Power stuff? I see it as equally toxic as the Black Panthers and the KKK RHETORIC. So I guess it is okay for the AA to have pride and go on air stating their distate for America and the inequality? And I guess it is okay for websites like Stormfront to spew their anti-semitic garbage and state that they are not racist but white nationalist concerned only with the preservation of their "kind" Please! Hate is everywhere so sad that your focus is only against Mexicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I dont think all people who are vocal against illegal immigration are racist, but many many are. Even if they don't consider themselves racist.
White, or Black, it doesnt really matter.
Take for instance, this PM I received on this forum a week or so ago. Note the person didnt want to post in public to look racist, so instead PM'ed me:
WOW! That was very classy of them and showed the upmost infinite wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
LOL. Sometimes you just have to laugh at the ignorant idiots you encounter on the net. So many people, who are naturally timid, get bold as Hercules when it comes to voicing their opinion on the internet. I bet that dude seriously got his feelings hurt when you compared Mexicans to Italians. I'm actually laughing at the thought of some internet tough guy banging his keyboard over what you said.
lol! Maybe he was an e-banger?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Please re-read my post; DD70:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear
Of course not.

Just when a certain group has an agenda; they will do whatever it takes, it seems, to get their way.

If it means throwing the 'race card'......so be it------never mind that such a stunt tends to backfire very badly at times.

Case in point: the putative 'Hispanic' leadership has quite possibly endangered the well being of any individual (of any actual race/ethnicity) who looks like a stereotypical Latino by chanting stuff like 'Brown Power' etc.
Those MEChA types to which I refer to are nothing but trouble------their stupidity may wind up hurting any person who looks like a Mestizo-------whether Anglo, Hispanic, or any other race/ethnicity.

Translation: some extremist Blacks, Anglos, etc. may decide to hurt any Latino looking person.......the term is 'backlash'

MEChA=KKK=Black Panthers.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Please re-read my post; DD70:

Those MEChA types to which I refer to are nothing but trouble------their stupidity may wind up hurting any person who looks like a Mestizo-------whether Anglo, Hispanic, or any other race/ethnicity.

Translation: some extremist Blacks, Anglos, etc. may decide to hurt any Latino looking person.......the term is 'backlash'

MEChA=KKK=Black Panthers.
Yes I agreed with you that I see all of these groups as bowls of hot steaming sheet. And all of these "hate" "extremist" groups hurt everyone! They add labels and tend to speak for the whole and if one does not agree with their cheap rhetoric then they are seen as vendidos, uncle toms and race traitors...am I wrong? They to me? IMHO? Are all one in the same

Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar
We all realize illegal aliens originate from numerous countries. However, the 'vast majority' are Mexican nationals. It is also this group that arrogantly make 'demands' and exhibit a flagrant disdain for the citizens of this country, and a total lack of respect for our laws.

Respect is earned; and their deliberate circumvention of our laws, and the rampant identity theft and sundry criminal offenses, hardly garners respect. For the umpteenth time; this is NOT a racial issue.
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by DD70
I agree with some of your post, for the majority depending on where you may live there is a huge influx of Mexican illegal immigrants and no it is not okay that they they leech off of the system however are we going to cast judgment on these people because our country has allowed them to abuse our system? C'mon from the posts I have read stating they are nothing more than uneducated sub-humans, how are they possible capable of doing this? I rarely see any real blame going towards the guilty.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar
How true! The pro-illegals have no substantive defense for this invasion, so they incessantly accuse those opposed to illegal immigration as being racists, xenophobes, and nativists. As their level of desperation increases, we can expect their ranting to intensify.
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by DD70
It is relatively easy to do so when these issues are raised, talked about and in these "chats, posts, blogs are made they are drowned in racist rhetoric.
You referenced two of my posts, so I will respond.

First and foremost, I have NEVER referred to ANY illegal alien as “subhuman.” However, I do consider child molesters, rapists and murderers as the lowest form of excrement; regardless of race/ethnicity or immigration status.

Secondly, I am not a racist, xenophobe, or nativist; and no amount of inculcation will alter that fact. I am certainly not anti-Hispanic/Latino, given that I was married to an immigrant (legal) from Argentina, and have a son from that union.

The plight of black Americans in this country cannot be remotely compared to illegal aliens. As a black American, I consider it an affront to even suggest a similarity. I will not apologize for my opposition to illegal immigration; it has nothing whatsoever to do with race/ethnicity. We have a right to expect our laws to be enforced.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
You referenced two of my posts, so I will respond.

First and foremost, I have NEVER referred to ANY illegal alien as “subhuman.” However, I do consider child molesters, rapists and murderers as the lowest form of excrement; regardless of race/ethnicity or immigration status.

Secondly, I am not a racist, xenophobe, or nativist; and no amount of inculcation will alter that fact. I am certainly not anti-Hispanic/Latino, given that I was married to an immigrant (legal) from Argentina, and have a son from that union.

The plight of black Americans in this country cannot be remotely compared to illegal aliens. As a black American, I consider it an affront to even suggest a similarity. I will not apologize for my opposition to illegal immigration; it has nothing whatsoever to do with race/ethnicity. We have a right to expect our laws to be enforced.
I agree with you however I will not retract my statement regarding to extremist/hate groups.
And second I never implied that you reffered to Mexicans as thus! I stated I have seen posts on this forum, but if you choose to take it personally? Carry on

Old 05-19-2008, 08:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
Yes I agreed with you that I see all of these groups as bowls of hot steaming sheet. And all of these "hate" "extremist" groups hurt everyone! They add labels and tend to speak for the whole and if one does not agree with their cheap rhetoric then they are seen as vendidos, uncle toms and race traitors...am I wrong? They to me? IMHO? Are all one in the same
And remember there is no 'Hispanic' race------it is an artificial political label only.

I have known several people who looked stereotypically 'Mexican' (Mestizo) who were referred to as 'race traitors' due to them not speaking Spanish.

Never mind that none of the above were even any variety of Hispanic.

Too; Spanish is also a 'White mans' language------it was forced onto the indigenous peoples here in the New World by Cortez and Co. 500 years ago.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
And remember there is no 'Hispanic' race------it is an artificial political label only.

I have known several people who looked stereotypically 'Mexican' (Mestizo) who were referred to as 'race traitors' due to them not speaking Spanish.

Never mind that none of the above were even any variety of Hispanic.

Too; Spanish is also a 'White mans' language------it was forced onto the indigenous peoples here in the New World by Cortez and Co. 500 years ago.
But but if they are white isn't it okay to be racist against them???
Great post Arizona..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration