Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times

Advertisements

This is not about Michigan Per-Se, but it effects Michigan. IMHO. I don't think you'de have that witch of a Governor if our US Laws were enforced.
MK

"Illegal Immigrants Are Voting in American Elections"
Hans A. von Spakovsky
August 4th 2008

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens. While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presiden*tial vote margin in Florida in 2000. Indeed, the Cen*sus Bureau estimates that there are over a million illegal aliens in Florida, and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has prosecuted more non-citizen voting cases in Florida than in any other state.
read more...
The Cutting Edge News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
In California it is encouraged. They are not allowed to ask you for any form of Identification when you go to vote. You just tell them your name and address. In some areas they find dead people voting, people who do nto exist, people who moved away long ago. etc.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 AM

756 posts, read 2,000,428 times
Posted by Coldjensens:
In California it is encouraged. They are not allowed to ask you for any form of Identification when you go to vote. You just tell them your name and address. In some areas they find dead people voting, people who do nto exist, people who moved away long ago. etc.

HOW I can not believe that they do not ask for a I.D. how does the state of CA. prove that all the voters are who they say they are? it just seems if you have that many people voting you would have to show prove that they are legal and if the stae could not prove it the that election would be void because they have no prove of who had the right top vote!!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Posted by Coldjensens:

HOW I can not believe that they do not ask for a I.D. how does the state of CA. prove that all the voters are who they say they are? it just seems if you have that many people voting you would have to show prove that they are legal and if the stae could not prove it the that election would be void because they have no prove of who had the right top vote!!
This is HOW!

Quote:
Voter ID requirements pose a substantial hardship for some citizens. Voter ID requirements will have a disproportionate and unfair impact on low-income, racial and ethnic minority voters, senior citizens, voters with disabilities and others who do not have a photo ID, nor the money or ability to acquire one.
American Civil Liberties Union : ACLU Urges Senate to Oppose Voter ID Amendment to Immigration Reform Bill

Old 08-06-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Posted by Coldjensens:

It's true. I lived in CA, over 35yrs.
When and if they were ask they're nationality they scream "Discrimination"!. Even though they legally have no right's here in this country.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,262 times
I wonder which Party would favor Illegal's being able to vote hmmm....

Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I wonder which Party would favor Illegal's being able to vote hmmm....
Who ever benifited the most.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:27 AM

756 posts, read 2,000,428 times
I have always had to show my I.D. to vote.
If it cost to much why not just implant that people can get a free I.d. card to vote with if they have proof of who they are and where they live? I mean if they can not afford a I.D. then that means they get stuff like foodstamps and they should have prove there I.d., are if they work they have I.D. so when they say I do not have a I.d. because I can not afford one will lets run there name in social number in give them one free if it comes back good but to just let someone walk in in vote with no prove of who they are should be illegal and void!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times
Quote:
I have always had to show my I.D. to vote.
If it cost to much why not just implant that people can get a free I.d. card to vote with if they have proof of who they are and where they live? I mean if they can not afford a I.D. then that means they get stuff like foodstamps and they should have prove there I.d., are if they work they have I.D. so when they say I do not have a I.d. because I can not afford one will lets run there name in social number in give them one free if it comes back good but to just let someone walk in in vote with no prove of who they are should be illegal and void!!!
It is really not the cost-they use that as an excuse. Here in NH whenever someone tries to make it where you have to show ID to vote- it gets shot down. The last attempt it was even in the bill that it would be subsized for those who "cannot afford it". It still did not pass because once they put it in the bill to subsidize it-they came up with other excuses not to pass it.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 AM

The biggest problem was with the states that allowed Illegals to have a Drivers License. With a DL no Voting Registration was ask for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration