Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
That would be like saying I hate all poor people if I were rich, or I hate all rich people if I were poor. I doubt that a large percentage feel hate towards the illegals of their race. The legals that I have talked to have commented how tough it is to come here legally and they feel sorry for the ones that have traveled to this country. I'm not saying they all feel the same way.
Your leaving out the main issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 07:43 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Thats like saying

"Some fear that DUI checkpoints may target drunk drivers"

or

"Some fear that home alarms are an attack on burglars"

I mean, when you COMMIT A CRIME, you SHOULD EXPECT FEAR!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:49 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Your leaving out the main issue.

1,209 posts, read 122,672 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01
Perhaps the legal hispanic population should be upset with the illegal hispanics for causing this to happen.
No one forced them to cross illegally. They have done it in mass with absolutely no regard for the rights of the USA or its citizens.
They force themselves upon us, and yet demand special considerations.
Were I hispanic I would have a real bone with the illegals for creating this enviroment.
In short I would be ratting every illegal I crossed paths with.

That would be like saying I hate all poor people if I were rich, or I hate all rich people if I were poor. I doubt that a large percentage feel hate towards the illegals of their race. The legals that I have talked to have commented how tough it is to come here legally and they feel sorry for the ones that have traveled to this country. I'm not saying they all feel the same way.

[+] Rate this post positively Mcfarnam, this was the issue you missed.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,224 times
Again if you have done nothing wrong and have all the proper paper work than you have nothing to fear, I have noticed that people that act out of fear are anger have something to hide.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Not at all....
It is like saying I live in an all white neighborhood where rednecks also live. I hate that those rednecks give me a bad rep because I live in the same town.
Just because the Dukes of hazzard yell yehaw and blast dixie from their carhorns doesn't mean that its cool.
Illegals are the cause of the animosity. Illegals are the cause of added check points.
Place blame where it belongs.....
Would you not be irked if a house accross from yours became a crack house and the cops started watching your neighborhood? What if the owners before you knew what they did made friends with you and now you also became suspect? I would blame those criminals across the street not the cops.
Another fact is that many legal hispanics know illegals and often help support the activitey by not reporting...
I say check points where the concentration of illegals are highest. Remove the safe routes, safe havens.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
How illegal immigrants personally affect me is only a small part of my arguments on here in general. You have read my entire argument through a series of threads and most of what I say has nothing to do with me caring about myself and not caring about other people.
I was simply responding to your post, in which you mentioned you don't have to worry about non-English-speaking illegals taking your job. It gave me the impression that you aren’t concerned for others whose jobs may be in jeopardy due to illegal immigration. I apologize if I misunderstood your point.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Again if you have done nothing wrong and have all the proper paper work than you have nothing to fear, I have noticed that people that act out of fear are anger have something to hide.
Quite true...............

Judging by just this Forum; the harder ICE is coming down on the illegals----------the more strident the rhetoric from their supporters.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:50 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Hispanics act like they are all being deported, and its not even close to being true. Its just sickening. And many Democrats believe that Hispanic Americans are being forced to live in fear. If you have nothing to hide, why would you fear anything?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not at all....
It is like saying I live in an all white neighborhood where rednecks also live. I hate that those rednecks give me a bad rep because I live in the same town.
Just because the Dukes of hazzard yell yehaw and blast dixie from their carhorns doesn't mean that its cool.
Illegals are the cause of the animosity. Illegals are the cause of added check points.
Place blame where it belongs.....
Would you not be irked if a house accross from yours became a crack house and the cops started watching your neighborhood? What if the owners before you knew what they did made friends with you and now you also became suspect? I would blame those criminals across the street not the cops.
Another fact is that many legal hispanics know illegals and often help support the activitey by not reporting...
I say check points where the concentration of illegals are highest. Remove the safe routes, safe havens.
I have never said that we do not have a problem with immigration and the large amounts of illegals here. I feel that there needs to be resolution
that will benefit all. I do not have a problem with Anti-illegals, the ones I do have a problem with, are the ones that have a deep and hostility towards them, and do wish them harm. My feelings on that segment will never change, and like I have said before, I will never turn them into the border patrol and if they make it through, more power to them.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
I have never said that we do not have a problem with immigration and the large amounts of illegals here. I feel that there needs to be resolution
that will benefit all. I do not have a problem with Anti-illegals, the ones I do have a problem with, are the ones that have a deep and hostility towards them, and do wish them harm. My feelings on that segment will never change, and like I have said before, I will never turn them into the border patrol and if they make it through, more power to them.
After all, what do you care if the local hospital goes bankrupt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration