Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 03:53 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Gangs are the inevitable blowback from importing millions of excess, unskilled workers from the third world, who end up in bitter competition with one another and home-grown citizens. Normal family dynamics are scrambled by the immigration process. Young children may gain inordinate power compared to elders by their ability to speak English, and the generation gap is magnified to an unhealthy degree. Young people feel culturally estranged from older family members and bond with other kids in similar circumstances. The situation is completely predictable as an environment for gang formation.

The social pathology in Los Angeles proves that we have exceeded the level of immigration, illegal or otherwise, that we can accommodate.
Excellent post as usual, Kele...but the above paragraph was PROFOUND ! There's just something extremely disturbing and humbling to ANYONE, particularly a "Third World head-of-household" from a macho culture, in having to watch helplessly in the 'shadows' as his 11-year old daughter answers the door to greet "the man" (whoever 'the man' may be), and to have to rely on her translating the mysterious 'goings-on' of the big, new society outside. It really does, as you say, throw the entire 'power structure' of the family into a total shambles.

Good observation!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 04:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Come on, JDubsMom . . . would you expect otherwise from a Scumbag Pandering Politician who is also an ANCHOR BABY and previous gang membership would not surprise me one bit?
He was the leader of MeChA "MeChA Boy"

Antonio Villaraigosa - MEChA Boy Goes to City Hall

Old 08-22-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Don't forget "One Bill" Gil Cedillo whose only claim to fame is his insistence upon pushing his illegal alien driver's license bill on the people of California at least once a year.

As an aside to "the one."

You don't think that illegal aliens are a part of the gang problem in L.A.? So I guess all of those lovely MS-13 members coming up from Central America all have their papers in order and their green cards at the ready, right?

BTW, I lived there too and I've only been gone a year. From my perspective and from what I was forced to endure my last years in California, you my friend, are exhibiting extreme ostrich-like behavior if you seriously believe that illegal aliens, whether they may be Asian, Mexican, Central American, or Martian, are not contributing to the gang problem in Lost Angeles, California.
Gil Cedillo and his Axis of Weasels

Old 08-22-2008, 05:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That's nothing - you should have seen the smoking each others' poles in a televised ASSembly commemorating Dufus Nunez and his legacy.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:16 PM

I'm from SanBndo. It seems that more and more of the City, County and State seats in CA. are getting filled with Pro-Illegals. Our District Supervisor "Josie Gonzales" who was Pro-Illegal was best friends with Blow Joe Baca.
I was 1 0f 8 elected by my community to help recall her.( with no avail)

From the County of San Bernardino Josie Gonzales Fifth District

Old 08-22-2008, 08:39 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Villaraigosa calling for Anti-Gang Programs is like Al Capone calling for Anti-Organized Crime Programs!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
Quote:
The run of the mill "immigrants" whose presence in this country that you're dead set on justifying are criminals by virtue of their illegal presence in the U.S.

so a mass exodus is what you propose?

I would venture to say that the vast majority of us are extremely supportive of LEGAL immigrants. Race and/or origin is not a factor.
yes i can tell

Special Order 40 is a joke and merely an extension of Lost Angeles' sanctuary city policies. It needs to be repealed.

Are you aware of the fact that according to The Washington Times, MS-13 "is thought to have established a major smuggling center" in Mexico. There were reports that MS-13 members were ordered to Arizona to target border guards and Minuteman Project volunteers. There is big money to be found in human smuggling, and it is apparent that MS-13 has decided to grab a piece of the pie. In 2004, it was estimated that there were in excess of 10,000 MS-13 members in the U.S. That was four years ago. I'd bet a week's worth of petrol that the figure has likely doubled.

Los Angeles is Ground Zero for gangs in the country. The County is home to as many as 1,200 gangs with 80,000 members. The cost could be $2 billion annually for all of their destructive criminal activity. In the city of Los Angeles, a 2005 estimate put Hispanic gang membership as the most numerous at over 23,000, while black gangs amounted to fewer than 16,000.
yes get tha gangs, um hum. what else?
Gangs are the inevitable blowback from importing millions of excess, unskilled workers from the third world, who end up in bitter competition with one another and home-grown citizens. so many cliches Normal family dynamics are scrambled by the immigration process. Young children may gain inordinate power compared to elders by their ability to speak English, and the generation gap is magnified to an unhealthy degree. Young people feel culturally estranged from older family members and bond with other kids in similar circumstances. The situation is completely predictable as an environment for gang formation.

[b]i know enough about gangs. thanks. as for MX, mexicos gettin over run with them dirty thugs. mara and otherwise. they need to institute capital punishment in that place. B]

The social pathology in Los Angeles proves that we have exceeded the level of immigration, illegal or otherwise, that we can accommodate.
LA? na, its pretty good actually. i feel sorry for you guys who feel ruined by the mostly industrious immigrant. i dont. but maybe if this was 100 years ago we'd all feel differently. i might think the italians were tryna take over north beach. making it dirty... crowded. the city is only 7 by 7mi after all. perhaps, perhaps not.
as for now, life is good

BTW, your posts would be a little easier to read if you would incorporate some punctuation and a few capital letters here and there. I have a difficult time sussing out exactly what it is you're trying to say. Just because we're posting on the internet doesn't mean that all writing and grammar rules should simply be dismissed.
thanks for your concern...

and the laughs

Old 08-22-2008, 11:18 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Villaraigosa calling for Anti-Gang Programs is like Al Capone calling for Anti-Organized Crime Programs!
...In that hes in a gang or something?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:19 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
He was the leader of MeChA "MeChA Boy"

Antonio Villaraigosa - MEChA Boy Goes to City Hall
Curious,

other than digging up old skeletons, like Villaraigosa being a member of MeCha in his college days, what are your complaints?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
...In that hes in a gang or something?
Based on his tattoos I'd have to say 'Yes'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration