Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I beg your pardon?!?!?

If they were 'innocent of any crime' they wouldn't be getting arrested in raids, now would they?

Most of my family is Catholic, but NONE of them agree with this kind of blatant propaganda!
Same here, and I don't know any of them (yes, even the Mexican-american catholics) that agree with it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 01:52 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. Got to spread the love around more or I would have repped you.

Thanks AJP it's the thought that counts!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yes, all catholics are pedophile lovers.....they just love to offer the young flesh of their children to the priests. They also all eat babies at passover,oops! My bad, wrong religion smear
That's your generalization and sarcasm not mine. Like it or not, many children (and a few women) have been molested by catholic priests. Adding insult to injury those high up in the food chain covered it up by playing musical priests insteading of turning them into the criminal justice system.

Don't shoot the messenger or those who comment on their sexual deviance. The fact that those in power willfully and deliberately aided, abetted and enabled priests to molest children are responsible for the black mark on its reputation. We're just commenting on it.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:08 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's your generalization and sarcasm not mine. Like it or not, many children (and a few women) have been molested by catholic priests. Adding insult to injury those high up in the food chain covered it up by playing musical priests insteading of turning them into the criminal justice system.

Don't shoot the messenger or those who comment on their sexual deviance. The fact that those in power willfully and deliberately aided, abetted and enabled priests to molest children are responsible for the black mark on its reputation. We're just commenting on it.
Yes, those things happened, and I am sure there are still pedophile priests out there just as there are pedophile rabbis, reverends and little league coaches. They tend to go where the boys are, if you know what I mean.
What I object to, is the erroneous insistance that this is still going on. Also, by asserting that this is the case, you are saying that catholic parishoners are also either too stupid to know what the enlightened xtians know or are somehow complicit in having their children abused. You can't have it both ways. Insult what was, but don't try to make it seem that this is now the norm.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, those things happened, and I am sure there are still pedophile priests out there just as there are pedophile rabbis, reverends and little league coaches. They tend to go where the boys are, if you know what I mean.
What I object to, is the erroneous insistance that this is still going on. Also, by asserting that this is the case, you are saying that catholic parishoners are also either too stupid to know what the enlightened xtians know or are somehow complicit in having their children abused. You can't have it both ways. Insult what was, but don't try to make it seem that this is now the norm.
That's your interpretation of what I said. However, you have to know that more likely than not a few of them are still lurking around, undiscovered, still biding their time and once the heat is off they will resume their "activities". At the end of the day abstinence goes against human nature and pedophilia, like alcoholism is a disease.

Look how long, how often and at the hands of how many priests these acts occurred. Do you think it is just going to magically disappear?

Old habits die hard and some never die.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-21-2008 at 03:14 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Same here, and I don't know any of them (yes, even the Mexican-american catholics) that agree with it either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's your interpretation of what I said. However, you have to know that there more likely than not a few of them are still lurking around, undiscovered, still biding their time and once the heat is off they will resume their "activities". At the end of the day abstinence goes against human nature and pedophilia, like alcoholism is a disease.

Look how long, how often and at the hands of how many priests these acts occurred. Do you think it is just going to magically disappear?

Old habits die hard and some never die.
There have been pedophiles that teach school (men & women) pedophiles
that coach sports and pedophiles that are leaders in Boy Scouts and could also be your next door neighbor. They are of every race and religion.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM

350 posts, read 653,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
compassion is good. breaking the law is not.
Sometimes breaking the law is necessary - if said law is immoral. For instance, people who hid those hunted by the Nazis were 'breaking the law' - yet would you say what they did was bad?

'Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, but unto God that which is God's'

Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Sometimes breaking the law is necessary - if said law is immoral. For instance, people who hid those hunted by the Nazis were 'breaking the law' - yet would you say what they did was bad?

everyday when the sun comes up someone decides for themselves what is right and wrong. you won't believe what happens next. that is why we have the law.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:55 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post

So what are you trying to say, that our immigration laws are immoral? Check out Mexico's...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM

350 posts, read 653,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
everyday when the sun comes up someone decides for themselves what is right and wrong. you won't believe what happens next. that is why we have the law.
So you are implying then, that those who hid people from the Nazis were wrong for doing so, as they broke the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration