Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You can understand how a “veteran” would feel; yet, you ridicule the feelings of other Americans who are offended by the desecration of our flag, and tell us to “get over it.” I’m afraid I don’t quite understand your logic.

I may not be a veteran, but I have family members who fought and died in wars protecting this country. I have a 79 y/o uncle who has suffered for over 50 years due to being severely injured by a hand grenade while fighting in Korea. My great-uncle is one of the few surviving Tuskegee Airmen who courageously fought during WWII. Ever heard of them? I lost two cousins in the Vietnam War. In addition, my dad also served this country in the Korean War. I think I have every right to be outraged. Even if I had no veteran family members, as an American, I would still have every right to consider it an affront to disrespect our flag. Sorry it has such little meaning to you.

As long as my posts are deemed “civil” by the Mods on this forum, I really don’t care what you think. You certainly have no problem dishing it out, but you whine like a hungry baby when you receive it.
I agree 100%.

My father fought in WWII and Korea. His brother fought in WWII as well. They were the sons of immigrants who raised them to be Americans who loved this country.

Two of my sisters were in the military. My baby sister died in 2005 as a result of long-term injuries received during a downed helicopter rescue mission years earlier.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, disrespects the flag they loved enough to fight for in my presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 08:53 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I agree 100%.

My father fought in WWII and Korea. His brother fought in WWII as well. They were the sons of immigrants who raised them to be Americans who loved this country.

Two of my sisters were in the military. My baby sister died in 2005 as a result of long-term injuries received during a downed helicopter rescue mission years earlier.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, disrespects the flag they loved enough to fight for in my presence.
I'm so sorry you lost your sister. I do know the pain of losing a dear sibling. May she rest in peace.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:56 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I'm so sorry you lost your sister. I do know the pain of losing a dear sibling. May she rest in peace.
Thank you. We both seem to have known the sorrow of losing loved ones in the service to this country.

It absolutely galls me to see people disrespect the American flag, no matter who they may be.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:03 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,785 times
Quote:
I agree 100%.

Kele, I too am so sorry for the loss of your sister.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
I agree 100%.

The Tinman renders a hand salute to Kele's familiy. I have lost a few friends on just such a mission in a country less than grateful for the service we tried to deliver to them. Working for a presisdent who had no respect for his soldiers. His words were " I loath the military.
benicar an uncle who was one of the greatest? Whoa Tinman bows in worship of your awsomeness. LOL Its too bad that it took our nation 50 years to finally recognize those brave men fortheir contribution.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 AM

23 posts, read 50,632 times
As former millitary that picture bothers me greatly.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The Tinman renders a hand salute to Kele's familiy. I have lost a few friends on just such a mission in a country less than grateful for the service we tried to deliver to them. Working for a presisdent who had no respect for his soldiers. His words were " I loath the military.
benicar an uncle who was one of the greatest? Whoa Tinman bows in worship of your awsomeness. LOL Its too bad that it took our nation 50 years to finally recognize those brave men fortheir contribution.
Thank you! Yes, it is unfortunate they waited until so many of them had died to honor their contributions to the war. I'm thankful my great-uncle lived to experience it. He's a very humble man, and if you didn't know his history, you never would. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to hear firsthand his accounts of their experiences.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:29 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
I was never in the service but; I have tremendous respect for our men and women in our Armed Forces

RIP Benicar's, Kele's, and everyone else's relatives who did not 'come back to the world'.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I was never in the service but; I have tremendous respect for our men and women in our Armed Forces

RIP Benicar's, Kele's, and everyone else's relatives who did not 'come back to the world'.
Thanks, AzBear! I don't know how anyone could visit the veteran memorials and not get a lump in their throat. The visual effect of the 58,000+ names on the Vietnam Memorial is simply overwhelming.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,011,154 times
I lost two within the last year in Iraq. When I see that flag upside down, well I can't even write what I would like to do to the vermin hoisting it or they would ban me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration