Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 06:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times

Advertisements

When they resort to comparing opposition to illegal immigration to a witch hunt and Hitler's Nazi Germany, you know they’re desperate. I can only imagine what’s next.

Quote:
The emotional fervor over illegal immigration is reaching the status of the famous Salem witch hunts and the irony is that our law enforcement officials appear willing to circumvent basic human rights to justify the discovery and exporting of illegal immigrants.

This is reminiscent of Nazi Germany and Hitler’s reign of terror, only this is Alamance County, North Carolina. It is impossible to believe that we started a revolution on the premise that every person has rights, yet we are eager to deny any rights to people who don’t have a piece of paper saying they are here legally.

This has gone too far. It is time that people of all political parties, religious affiliations and racial persuasions cried out for these witch-hunts to end. It is time for all people to tone down the emotional rhetoric and raise the principles of fairness and respect for human rights, resolving these problems without being hateful and uncaring. We are better people than we are currently demonstrating. Let’s take a stand, but one that is humanitarian and just for all.
The immigration witch hunt must end | CITIZEN-TIMES.com | Asheville Citizen-Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 06:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
"Reminiscent of Nazi Germany and Hitler's reign of Terror"...(sigh)....OK. What else can I say, that hasn't already been said?....Funny, I could have sworn the reaction to illegal immigration these days was more like a "howling lynch mob". But I guess "Hitler" is just as good a comparison...any way you shake it, I guess we pretty much have to agree that this means America is "a lot like North Korea" in the matter of Human Rights, right? And when I was four years old, my mother was "The Meanest Mother in the WHOLE WORLD"......(sigh)...

Old 09-11-2008, 06:16 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
I see a bunch of criminals that I didn't invite in my house. They can call me all they want but I want them outta here.

This is like saying you steal something from your neighor and call him a nazi when he wants it back.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 PM

164 posts, read 260,137 times
There have been many of these with hunts recently and most Americans are upset and against them.

I to hope they end. If anything let's come up with a compromise

Old 09-11-2008, 06:28 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
There have been many of these with hunts recently and most Americans are upset and against them.

Awesome, organize a march of 20 million theives back to their homeland. That would be noble of you.

I hate to break it to you but most Americans are fed up with being ripped off.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:29 PM

164 posts, read 260,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Awesome, organize a march of 20 million theives back to their homeland. That would be noble of you.

You don't mean that. If you look at it clearly you will prefer that cheap labor stay here.

You benefit from it.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:

What has given you the impression that "most" Americans are upset with those opposing illegal immigration? What would you consider an appropriate compromise?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,993 times
I wouldn't go as far as to say we're in a Nazi Germany type situation here, BUT

I see similarities between anti-jew propaganda and sentiment in post depression Germany and anti-illegal(/hispanic) propaganda and sentiment being developed by some people out there.

Illegal immigrants arent called "rats", but "invaders" and even "vermin".
Our economy isnt doing so good, so it gets blamed on the illegals.
We see pictures of illegals flipping of cameras, and we believe they are ALL like that.

We're led to believe "they" all loathe us and our ways. THey hate us. They want to ruin our country.

Theres a focus on stereotypes. The Jews were greedy, and sneaky, keep all the money.
Illegals(/hispanics) are criminals, stealing "our" jobs.

The Jews were taking over the world through banks and what not. Illegals(/hispanics) have "reconquista".

The illegals are completely above the law, and get so many things REAL AMERICANS cant get.

The illegal has the greatest life in America, while the poor American citizen is suffering.

Sound alike to me.

http://www.thinkequal.com/g/logos/polish_cartoon2.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
You don't mean that. If you look at it clearly you will prefer that cheap labor stay here.

You benefit from it.
1AngryTaxPayer does mean what he/she stated.............and I agree with him 100%!

Face it: we do not need a bunch of lawbreakers here-----------and, illegals are just that.

We as a nation functioned quite well without illegal immigrants

Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Quote:

You benefit from it.
You seem to assume that "cheap labor" is content to stay 'cheap'...but the facts indicate otherwise. Why do illegals (who up to now, have faced LITTLE chance of actually being deported), want AMNESTY?....because they are not content with being illegal. They want to become LEGAL, and that means they want the full rights and privileges of American citizenship. If that happens, where do you propose that we get our NEW 'cheap labor', since it's pretty obvious the 'amnesty recipients' won't want to continue working 'cheap'?...

"Cheap labor", to exist at ALL, requires that the labor force be somehow at a disadvantage...either they must be bound by some sort of unbreakable contract to 'work cheap', or they must be illegal, intimidated, and powerless to demand "proper wages". Free citizens, with protection under the law, and legally entitled to 'look out for themselves', are usually not interested in becoming anyone's "cheap labor".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration