Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I don't think you get the message. They die from lack of water, would you like to stumble across a two or three year old dead, because someone thought they did not deserve water and it would just be one less than you would have to worry about. That is the mindset of many people.
I will put the full blame on those older folks who brought said 3 YO child across the desert illegally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:48 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I would offer water. But seriously, what kind of human being would just dump their 3 year old in the desert? You would think they would try to give it a decent grave instead of leaving it to rot in the sun. For that fact, how could you even leave a fellow traveler to rot? They do it all the time.
They die and the coyotes will not let them carry them along. If they are sick and cannot keep up they are also left.
It amazes me that there are Americans that have no concept or feelings of another human.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:02 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I normally like to be as hateful, grumpy, xenophobic, and anti-illegal as I possibly can...but after decades of working outdoors in remote locations, I can't find it in my heart to see anybody suffer from thirst. I can't judge anyone who'd offer water to a thirsty person.

Now, when they GET to the water, I'm perfectly OK with apprehending them and putting them on a south-bound bus. THAT part I have no problem with. I just hate to see anyone suffer hunger or thirst, having been there myself a time or two.

Just call me a "compassionate" xenophobic racist...or an "understanding" anti-Hispanic....or call me anything you want; I certainly get called all these, and worse, on this forum. Sorry, I just can't go along with "thirsting them to death"...even when 'they get THEMSELVES into their predicament'. I'd make a TERRIBLE 'cop', I know.

Although I am totally against illegal immigration, I could not possibly deny someone sustenance.

First and foremost I value human life. These are human beings after all.

However, I wouldn't set up water installations to attract these people. All that you are doing is enticing them to risk their lives.

But, if I ever saw anyone thirsty or hungry, I could never deny them food or water; that would definitely be inhumane and indefensible in my book.

I'd make a bad cop too macmeal..

Old 09-24-2008, 08:07 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I will put the full blame on those older folks who brought said 3 YO child across the desert illegally

But, we should help anyone that needs food or water once they get here.

I understand the anger with the growing illegal population, I'm angry myself.

But I know you would not deny anyone water or food if they were starving and thirsty AZBear.

I'm pretty darn sure of that.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
But, we should help anyone that needs food or water once they get here.

I understand the anger with the growing illegal population, I'm angry myself.

But I know you would not deny anyone water or food if they were starving and thirsty AZBear.

I'm pretty darn sure of that.
Benicar and I are on the same page here. re: humanitarian needs.

The difference is not having said water stations to entice the illegals/coyotes to cross in the first place.

That stated: if the above still try to 'run the gauntlet' and a small child dies----------I would still place full responsibility of the 'adult' guardians of said child.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Although I am totally against illegal immigration, I could not possibly deny someone sustenance.

First and foremost I value human life. These are human beings after all.

However, I wouldn't set up water installations to attract these people. All that you are doing is enticing them to risk their lives.

But, if I ever saw anyone thirsty or hungry, I could never deny them food or water; that would definitely be inhumane and indefensible in my book.

I'd make a bad cop too macmeal..
Thank you, I wish there were more like you. In truth although we are called pro illegals, the humane treatment is what guides us.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Yes in deed.
Once again the R belongs on the shoulders of those who knowingly break the law.
No one wants anyone to die from exposure, dehydration or starvation. Setting up road side rests only invites illegals to take the risks.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
This entire situation is just plain sad.

While I certainly would not want to encourage people to undertake a dangerous desert crossing by going so far as to set up water stations, I could never deny water to someone who was in need of it. There has to be a better way to discourage people other than denying them water.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:29 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Benicar and I are on the same page here. re: humanitarian needs.

The difference is not having said water stations to entice the illegals/coyotes to cross in the first place.

That stated: if the above still try to 'run the gauntlet' and a small child dies----------I would still place full responsibility of the 'adult' guardians of said child.

Absolutely

Nicolem

Old 09-25-2008, 05:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
I think the parents should be charged with reckless endangerment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration