Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t know what on earth you are referring to. I made no such claim. I merely stated that there are cultural differences between the U.S. and Mexico. At no time did I explicitly nor implicitly accuse Mexicans of being child rapists. This is really getting ridiculous.

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states
I posted excerpts of that being said, in very crude terms, by the way, and you replied that they were just stating cultural differences.
Did that not happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You'd rather correct me than acknowledge that Wooldridge is very likely lying.
As far as MEChA, Ch is a letter, CH isn't, which is what I corrected.
You: Another fake message from a "MeCHA(it's actually MeCha)" member:

Me: Actually, it MEChA.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I doubt Frosty is being untruthful.

I know plenty of folks just like the guy from the Brown Beret that Frosty quotes. He's parroting the party line--sounds just like his reconquista bretheren.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:29 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
You: Another fake message from a "MeCHA(it's actually MeCha)" member:

Me: Actually, it MEChA.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I doubt Frosty is being untruthful.

I know plenty of folks just like the guy from the Brown Beret that Frosty quotes. He's parroting the party line--sounds just like his reconquista bretheren.
The important difference is that anyone who speaks Spanish is going to distinguish the letter Ch, no matter how the rest of the acronym is capitalized.

How about the misspelling of Subcomandante? Does MEChA even use that title? The only Subcomandante I know is the Zapatista leader. And the type of person who groups illegals, cartels, rebels, gangmembers, college activist groups would likely give that title to a fictional character writing a letter that is saying "all the worst fears you have about us are true! so are all your dry statistics! Die whitey!".

If you buy this tripe, I feel sorry for you.

It's not about the position he's taking. It's the cruel stereotypes, bigotry, and obviously fake testimonials that all have the exact same views that makes me think any person with a fully functioning brain would dismiss this guy.

I can bet there's a lot of people who are involved in activism against illegal immigration that would dismiss this junk.

For someone to read this site and buy into it says a lot about their attitude towards this issue.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
I posted excerpts of that being said, in very crude terms, by the way, and you replied that they were just stating cultural differences.
Did that not happen?
You can interpret my response as you please to support your agenda. Had I quoted the comments and responded, that would be different. I was referring to one aspect -- the involvement of men with minor children.

As previously stated, there are behaviors deemed acceptable in Mexico which are unacceptable in this country. I know what I said. I'm through with this issue.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:49 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,414,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I myself would really like to know what exactly is the stance of the pro illegal crowd. There are a few of you who feel you have to defend these criminals on every thread pertaining to illegals yet I never see any reason given for your enthusiastic support. Do you empathize with the plight of these people, or do you just feel US laws are not important and should be broken if it fits certain criteria.

I myself am a US citizen born and raised, and I have had first hand encounters with our legal system. And I have always had to follow the law or face the consequences. Why should illegals be any different? Why should we defend people who do not respect us? Why should we be the ones to change for people who don't even belong here? Answers to these questions would be great. Maybe then I will understand the need some users feel to defend this invading foreign culture.

PS For all who really care to know, many(not all) of these people do not care about this country nor do they respect the citizens of this country. I personally see the anti American grafitti and deal with the snarky remarks on a daily basis. America needs patriots, not antagonists.
Bravo! Well stated and I couldn't agree more

Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times
Quote:
The important difference is that anyone who speaks Spanish is going to distinguish the letter Ch, no matter how the rest of the acronym is capitalized.

How about the misspelling of Subcomandante? Does MEChA even use that title? The only Subcomandante I know is the Zapatista leader. And the type of person who groups illegals, cartels, rebels, gangmembers, college activist groups would likely give that title to a fictional character writing a letter that is saying "all the worst fears you have about us are true! so are all your dry statistics! Die whitey!".

If you buy this tripe, I feel sorry for you.

It's not about the position he's taking. It's the cruel stereotypes, bigotry, and obviously fake testimonials that all have the exact same views that makes me think any person with a fully functioning brain would dismiss this guy.

I can bet there's a lot of people who are involved in activism against illegal immigration that would dismiss this junk.

For someone to read this site and buy into it says a lot about their attitude towards this issue.
Apparently, you're not too familiar with the Brown Beret. I am. I had the rare privilege (if you can call it that) of dealing with them when I lived in L.A.

They are not MEChA. They're so radical, even that crowd doesn't want to deal with them.

If you'd get your racist groups straight, you wouldn't be having the problem of discerning fact from fiction.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
schools are a nightmare. voucher the sooner the better. as to immigration
uncontrolled immigration, aka illegal immigration--- its a big mistake.
without assimilation and civics we dont become good citizens. just wolves lookin for somethin to eat.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:07 AM

956 posts, read 3,003,295 times
I like Wooldridge's articles. Thanks for posting this one.

Pedro is correct to an extent, but what he doesn't realize is that there are a good deal of us "underground". I live in Los Angeles, and I very clearly see what's going on. You won't see me holding a sign in front of the federal building on Wilshire or anything like that. However, people like me are out there, watching...and planning. It's not over, just quite yet.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:23 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
I myself would really like to know what exactly is the stance of the pro illegal crowd. There are a few of you who feel you have to defend these criminals on every thread pertaining to illegals yet I never see any reason given for your enthusiastic support. Do you empathize with the plight of these people, or do you just feel US laws are not important and should be broken if it fits certain criteria.
I empathize with the plight of these people. Our country was built on immigration. The only difference between immigrants today and those that came from Ireland, Poland, Italy, Germany and many other countries is the fact that there were no laws deeming mine (and many of your) ancestors "illegals". Where you see criminals I see hard working people that risked a lot to come here. The law is the law. I see it as inherently un-American.

Quote:
I myself am a US citizen born and raised, and I have had first hand encounters with our legal system. And I have always had to follow the law or face the consequences. Why should illegals be any different? Why should we defend people who do not respect us? Why should we be the ones to change for people who don't even belong here? Answers to these questions would be great. Maybe then I will understand the need some users feel to defend this invading foreign culture.
Which illegals have come up to you and directly disrespected you in person? And who says we have to change for them? I highly doubt anybody in this thread lives in a neighborhood where illegals are trying to change everything. JDubsMom, don't you live in Katy, Texas? How have illegals changed Katy? When is the last time an illegal came up to you and said "Speak Spanish and wave a Mexican flag, or else." I was born and raised in Chicago and currently live in Houston. It has never happened to me. You also need to keep in mind the Irish, Germans, Jews and Italians were once seen as "invading foreign cultures." The illegals will assimilate. If they don't, they are doomed to generations of poverty. That's the true American way.

Quote:
PS For all who really care to know, many(not all) of these people do not care about this country nor do they respect the citizens of this country. I personally see the anti American grafitti and deal with the snarky remarks on a daily basis. America needs patriots, not antagonists.
If we don't need antagonisits, why are so many in this thread making such gross generalizations about illegals? Isn't that antagonistic?

I know we will never agree on this topic. But I know there are many here that feel the way I do.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I empathize with the plight of these people. Our country was built on immigration. The only difference between immigrants today and those that came from Ireland, Poland, Italy, Germany and many other countries is the fact that there were no laws deeming mine (and many of your) ancestors "illegals". Where you see criminals I see hard working people that risked a lot to come here. The law is the law. I see it as inherently un-American.

Which illegals have come up to you and directly disrespected you in person? And who says we have to change for them? I highly doubt anybody in this thread lives in a neighborhood where illegals are trying to change everything. JDubsMom, don't you live in Katy, Texas? How have illegals changed Katy? When is the last time an illegal came up to you and said "Speak Spanish and wave a Mexican flag, or else." I was born and raised in Chicago and currently live in Houston. It has never happened to me. You also need to keep in mind the Irish, Germans, Jews and Italians were once seen as "invading foreign cultures." The illegals will assimilate. If they don't, they are doomed to generations of poverty. That's the true American way.

If we don't need antagonisits, why are so many in this thread making such gross generalizations about illegals? Isn't that antagonistic?

I know we will never agree on this topic. But I know there are many here that feel the way I do.
Bottom line is most of the above immigrants came here legally----------the illegal ones are insolent losers and need to be treated as the criminals that they are. Frankly: it needs to be a 'living hell' for people who move here (I am not referring to assault, murder, etc either)-----------read that no bilingual education, etc. so they are forced to become American. Harsh perhaps but such an immersion policy quickly separates the people we want from a bunch of potential free loaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration