Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:23 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
But it hasn't been presented..?
Indeed?

Your every post speaks volumes regarding your stance on illegal immigration. You are your own worst enemy.

Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 10:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Again, I appreciate intelligent discourse, so I'm going to give factual annotation as retort to antialphabet's contention that my reportage on illegals changing everything around them for the worse could be provincially based. No. It's universal. And there's a well known book compiling this devastation in my particular state that will spell it out for you.

The best collection of facts on same would be "Mexifornia" by Fresno College professor Victor Hansen. It is not hysterical in the slightest, not propaganda, not even right wing at all, and remains highly sympathetic to both American citizens and illegals. His immediate milieu is Central California, not Los Angeles. But his facts ring out: illegal immigration is horrendously terrible to both these groups with whom he so empathizes.

He traces our last thirty years of doing practically everything wrong, from lax regulation and reversals of common sense about immigration to fomenting the pro-Balkanization, ethnic separatism via anti-American multiculturalism. The former American models of assimilationism, with its emphasis on the common protocols and heritage of American culture and laws that unite us all, could have retained and embraced all the ethnic pride in one's ancestors from foreign countries that any family ever could want without the current ball and chain of tribalistic, separatist anti-Americanism.

He outlines the actual statistics in illegals that have made my state sink from top ten to 46th in the nation in public education which mirror bilingual adjustments; how areas that become hispanicized with illegals as opposed to with born or naturalized citizens of hispanic heritage transmogrify same areas into permanent poverty and illiteracy; the erosion of entry level wages; the juggernaut of increasing state budget deficits to provide more law enforcement, prisons, translations and services for millions upon millions who continue to arrive illegally in California from Mexico.

His conclusion, my conclusion, and your conclusion should you read this book will match that of Californian labor rights' leader/activist Cesar Chavez: illegals hurt everyone. They also turn everything around them into a virtual apartheid of laws favoring illegals with U.S. citizens paying the bills for illegals. With this sea change, as has happened in California, all American citizens and legal immigrants in the system alike lose everything good about our quality of life forever. This could range from minor -wouldn't you like to celebrate Cinco de Mayo as everyone else in the U.S. does St. Patrick's Day, instead of it taking precedence over July 4th, Christmas and Memorial Day combined as it does here in L.A.?- to major - a projection from the book after the panoply of facts quoted, excerpted for brevity:

"Our multicultural state would have the veneer of a new alternate identity; but in fact, it would combine the worst attributes of both nations, a dumbing-down of both languages, and radical and scary individualism shorn of both the Anglo-saxon-inspired allegiance to the letter of the law and the traditional Mexican familial and religious bedrock values. The law as we know it- in matters of citizenship, voting, legal status, driving and liability- would matter little, ignored when inconvenient, turned to only in extremis."
Eloquent post.

In one word: multiculturalism=ghetto.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Eloquent post.

In one word: multiculturalism=ghetto.
Not in Houston. But I cannot speak for Arizona.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Not in Houston. But I cannot speak for Arizona.
A hallmark of any First World culture is the Rule of Law AKA respect for the authorities vs. fear of the above.

Add in sobriety, courtesy, punctuality, frugality and so on...............

We are discussing Spain, Italy, Ireland, Japan, the USA along with virtually all majority racially White English speaking nations plus Bermuda (which is mostly Black) for just starters.

Third World nations are places like Mexico, along with the rest of Latin America, Africa and most of Asia.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:45 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A hallmark of any First World culture is the Rule of Law AKA respect for the authorities vs. fear of the above.

Add in sobriety, courtesy, punctuality, frugality and so on...............

We are discussing Spain, Italy, Ireland, Japan, the USA along with virtually all majority racially White English speaking nations plus Bermuda (which is mostly Black) for just starters.

Third World nations are places like Mexico, along with the rest of Latin America, Africa and most of Asia.
I would argue that in Latin America, the elite created their own mess by stepping on the throats of the natives. When the authority is as repressive as they are in countries such as Peru, Venezuela and many other Latin American countries you wind up with a. an uprising of the native people such as the Sandero Luminoso who feel so desperate they have no choice but to resort to violence or b. extremists such as Chavez in charge because the opressed believe they have no other option. I'm glad you brought up Bermuda. That's a very well run country where racism does not exist and people do follow the rule of law.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:49 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Indeed?

Your every post speaks volumes regarding your stance on illegal immigration. You are your own worst enemy.

Case closed.
Case closed........................without evidence.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I would argue that in Latin America, the elite created their own mess by stepping on the throats of the natives. When the authority is as repressive as they are in countries such as Peru, Venezuela and many other Latin American countries you wind up with a. an uprising of the native people such as the Sandero Luminoso who feel so desperate they have no choice but to resort to violence or b. extremists such as Chavez in charge because the opressed believe they have no other option. I'm glad you brought up Bermuda. That's a very well run country where racism does not exist and people do follow the rule of law.
I may agree for most of Latin America but the 'racism' argument does not apply to Argentina at all (97% White) nor to a lesser extent to Uruguay or Chile for that same reason.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:14 AM

378 posts, read 626,719 times
There is no such "losing battle". All the U.S. Government has to do is order the military to kick the illegals back to their own country, and the problem is as good as solved.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:28 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
antialphabet
Perhaps I missed the answer or maybe you weren't asked it outright. But let me ask (again?)
Do you condone illegal immigration from any and all countries .

Old 12-07-2008, 07:41 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
antialphabet
Perhaps I missed the answer or maybe you weren't asked it outright. But let me ask (again?)
Do you condone illegal immigration from any and all countries .
Lots of luck on that question............many have asked it and many are still waiting as they did with his nemesis....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration