Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:44 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have to disagree there...........unless one is counting in the US born Anchor Babies--------whose legality here is questionable. Then that may equal 20 milion folks.

Too; the illegal aliens are leaving in droves.
Not counting the anchor babies, I also say that there is at least 20 million. In LA alone there are tons that people don't even know about. You would be surprised at how many reside in CA just by itself.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:21 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
unless one is counting in the US born Anchor Babies--------whose legality here is questionable. Too; the illegal aliens are leaving in droves.
The anchor babies citizenship is unquestionable according to the Constitution. We need an amendment to correct that. And yes, they are leaving because there are no jobs to stay for. When the economy recovers they'll come back unless they are prevented.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The anchor babies citizenship is unquestionable according to the Constitution. We need an amendment to correct that.
Not really. The 14th Amendment specifically says that most of these anchor babies born here are NOT legal citizens. No, we don't need another amendment. We just need the damn country to start following the Constitution to the tee and then we wouldn't have this problem.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:31 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Not really. The 14th Amendment specifically says that most of these anchor babies born here are NOT legal citizens. No, we don't need another amendment. We just need the damn country to start following the Constitution to the tee and then we wouldn't have this problem.

So let me get this right?? What were talking about is an illegal coming to the US, and having a baby with someone thats been born and raised in the USA??

Old 12-24-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
So let me get this right?? What were talking about is an illegal coming to the US, and having a baby with someone thats been born and raised in the USA??
No, the citizenship of the parents is irrelevant. All persons born in the United States or it's territories are natural born US citizens.

"Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights.Ratified 7/9/1868.
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United
States "

Anyone physicaly in the US is subject to the jurisdiction thereof; that is why illegals have legal rights in our country, whether we like it or not. It's in the US Constitution:

"nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws"

Last edited by Bideshi; 12-24-2008 at 02:00 PM..

Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No, the citizenship of the parents is irrelevant. All persons born in the United States or it's territories are natural born US citizens.

"Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868.
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States "
Well that just made my hoilday, a whole hell of alot better!
So theres even more of them out their then I thought.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:01 PM

Yup. And we need to amend the 14th amendment to end the anchor baby scam.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
We don't have the tools to calculate the number of undocumented in the US, however the number of the so anchor children may be an indication since they are U.S. citizens, the number of these chidren has been growing dramatically, for a total of more than ten million in the past
few years, with most parents going back and forth from Mexico, these children are not going anywhere, and eventually their parents and siblings
will join them here legally, the total of all recent immigrants from sob may reach 40 million by the end of the next decade, this number plus the 50 million already here legally will make hispanics be almost the majoritary group in the U.S., however in that case scenario the vast majority will be
legal residents, and we will welcome them, since legal immigration is the only solution to the problem.
At this moment the people against immigration are losing the battle, look at Barletta from hazleton PA., he lost again a bid for congress, while we will have B. Obama at least for the next 8 years as president.
Barletta lost due to his party affiliation not due to his immigration policies. He enjoys a broad support in the region in that regard. That area would vote for a 2 headed snake before crossing party lines. They may go Repub in a local election but not in a congressional. Again? Last time Kanjorski ran unopposed if I am not mistaken. Not only that but Kanjorski didn't win by a large % which was always the case in the past. So no the noose is begining to tighten.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
Quote:
I'm offended when people are referred to as "illegals".
The only thing that should be illegal are theft, rape, murder, wrongful imprisonment, etc. Yes, there is a short-term need to control immigration, but I hope 50-100 years from now borders will be far less important than they are today. Human beings are human beings, no matter if they paid their bribes and have their papers in order with the government thugs or not!
Tough Sheet

We could go back their appropriate name WB

or America's most UNwanted.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:12 PM

The unescapable fact is that the US will be an Hispanic majority nation within 50 years (maybe 25). The demographics are undeniable. We may as well get used to the idea. Por que no? I just hope they'll be kind to geezer gringos like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration