Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:45 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,414,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's a global economy...Americans do the same thing abroad. Go to the Middle East. When we lived in Saudi Arabia, roughly 100k were American citizens (now rougly 30k...). To us Riyadh was home, but so was the US and Ivory Coast.

People that have never experienced it don't understand this concept. To them, they think of home in singular terms, not understanding the complexities of multinationalism. I guess to be fair, it usually is a unique situation, esp. here in the states. Europeans understand the concept more. You can have multiple homes.

My mom's best friend back in Riyadh has lived there for 30 years. Canada and Madagascar are her homes as well as Saudi Arabia. You can have multiple homes.

Technology and spreading of cultures create communities of trans-nationals. It really is not a new concept, but it is one that few Americans have dealt with.
There is a profound difference between LEGALLY having a home and or a job in another country vs. millions of illegal aliens raiding, raping, and pillaging a country and her citizens while said country's government aid, abets and bends over backwards to condone the behaviors and needs of the illegal alien population (see USA).

I would love to see a few links to back up your claims, please post them.

Thank you in advance . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,962 times
Americans leaving Saudi Arabia in droves

Links about my personal life? Umm...don't really exist...here is a link concerning Americans leaving Saudi Arabia.

Transnationalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a link explaining the concept I'm talking about.

I just explained that can have people have multiple homes...that's all...even LEGAL citizens...so I really don't understand the need for sarcasm.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,924 times
good posts.

but youre using too much logic and brains for some of these posters.
wait and see.

per the topic, well everyone is suffering in this economy. its no suprise that its happening. times are tough. i just dont find any joy in it, regardless of who it happens to. thats just not a cristian value.

Quote:

Links about my personal life? Umm...don't really exist...here is a link concerning Americans leaving Saudi Arabia.

I just explained that can have people have multiple homes...that's all...even LEGAL citizens...so I really don't understand the need for sarcasm.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:44 PM

50,341 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
good posts.

but youre using too much logic and brains for some of these posters.
wait and see.

per the topic, well everyone is suffering in this economy. its no suprise that its happening. times are tough. i just dont find any joy in it, regardless of who it happens to. thats just not a cristian value.
Are stealing and trespassing Christian values?

Old 03-06-2009, 04:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,414,482 times
Quote:

What makes you think I am interested in your personal life? I never made such a request. For the record, I have no interest in your existence, personal or otherwise.

That being said, Wiki is a farcical website usually referenced and edited by illegal aliens to suit their agenda (see DREAMAct). In the future you may want to keep that in mind in seeking the truth, Wiki is not a trusted or reliable source.

As for your link to Americans leaving Saudi Arabia in droves, thanks, very interesting story. I can't say I blame them for leaving.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-06-2009 at 05:26 PM..

Old 03-06-2009, 05:24 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,924 times
no they are not. but i dont reduce myself to those levels. just because others engage in less than moral behaviour does not mean i should partake in it. thats the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Are stealing and trespassing Christian values?

Old 03-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
no they are not. but i dont reduce myself to those levels. just because others engage in less than moral behaviour does not mean i should partake in it. thats the difference.

Well that's good on you. I wish 12 million Illegal Alien scab workers stealing SS#'s and trespassing our borders saw it the same way.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well that's good on you. I wish 12 million Illegal Alien scab workers stealing SS#'s and trespassing our borders saw it the same way.
Actually:

We may be down to 8-9 million illegal aliens plus their Anchor Babies here in the USA these days-----------the recession is really starting to hurt them hence many returning home.

And: the deportations (both free will as well as forced) will simply increase as our unemployment rate continues to climb (over 8% now).

Old 03-06-2009, 06:07 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
What makes you think I am interested in your personal life? I never made such a request. For the record, I have no interest in your existence, personal or otherwise.

That being said, Wiki is a farcical website usually referenced and edited by illegal aliens to suit their agenda (see DREAMAct). In the future you may want to keep that in mind in seeking the truth, Wiki is not a trusted or reliable source.

As for your link to Americans leaving Saudi Arabia in droves, thanks, very interesting story. I can't say I blame them for leaving.
Well, you asked for links concerning a topic that was personal...so I really don't know what you want.

Wikipedia actually is not farcical...most of the information is consistent with JSTOR or any other resource. A good way to determine whether or not wikipedia will work is by checking out the footnotes as well as further reading. Consider it a cliff notes of all the sources. I personally did not have the time to gather information... so you can read the foot notes and further yourself.

It is sad that they are leaving on such an sour note, but Americans in Saudi did have really good. Free housing, tax free income, awesome benefits, and months of paid vacation...and that was for the teachers.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually:

We may be down to 8-9 million illegal aliens plus their Anchor Babies here in the USA these days-----------the recession is really starting to hurt them hence many returning home.

And: the deportations (both free will as well as forced) will simply increase as our unemployment rate continues to climb (over 8% now).
I hope you are correct but I have reservations(side bar Indian joke ) about that number. I don't see any reduction in the Illegals here in CA but that might be because other States doing it right have driven them to CA which is doing it bass ackwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration