Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 PM

62 posts, read 181,464 times

Advertisements

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1226/dailyUpdate.html (broken link)

can't even fight your own wars anymore. How the mighty have fallen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 09:02 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiking View Post

I agree that having foreigners in the army is a bad idea. It is only a matter of time until the U.S. has its own Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...utoburg_Forest

Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,002 times
Actually, Americans don't want to fight in unjustified wars. We have no problem defending ourselves, but we're tired of being the aggressors (except for the few neo-con chickenhawks). Also, our military isn't exactly well compensated. I'm sure someone more well versed on the subject can go into detail.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:18 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,153 times
I have no problem with foreigners signing up for the military...It just shows me that they truly want to be part of America. The foreigners that do join should be required to take and pass some kind of American history course that is actually a detailed history of America. I also feel that every American citizen should be required to serve in the military male and female. That is how it's done in Israel.

MAXI-king, I do not see your criminal self running to a recruiting office to join so that you can defend America and become a citizen. I'm guessing its because you are a coward and you do not love this country enough to defend it. You would rather continue your criminal ways of stealing from the American taxpayer. You would rather live in the shadows and preach about your mythical peasant society's of Mexico. You would rather hide here in the United States and preach to the true American citizens on how we should allow you and your criminal horde free access to everything and anything. You and your criminal friends are to weak and cowardly to fight the drug lords and corrupt politicians in Mexico so that you and your people could one day be free and build upon the freedoms that you have by criminally being here in the United States....Pathetic!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,260 times
Default what about this

Quote:

now if we were to recruit illegal aliens, would they be willing to fight against Mexico if the situation came up? I dont think so. I cant blame americans for not wanting to fight in unjustified wars for our corupt government. Our country has changed alot from WW II, not for the better in terms of ethics. It seems that when they are done sucking the life, money and morals from Americans they will simply start turning to other countries to use as sheep.

It is pathetic how our government would recruit illegals to go fight with other countries. We have NO control over our government anymore, voting is a joke since a recount "fixes" things....

Old 04-06-2007, 10:38 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,000 times
And would your homeland could do much better? LOL!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:12 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,613 times
Quote:

It all depends on what 'war' it is we are fighting. If war were declared against the major player in the intended invasion and destruction of the US, the recruiting offices would probably be overrun with potential recruits. Good heavens, I'd be there. Readjust my age a little bit and they would most likely take me. I'd be great in a field hospital.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:24 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,042 times
After 9/11, military recruitment offices in every branch of the armed forces were nearly overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of young men and young women who wanted to serve their country.

We may not be big on wars promoted by our government, yet shown to be a waste of the lives of those who are fighting it, but mess with us at home and you will, as the Emperor of Japan stated so succintly during WW II, waken the sleeping tiger.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,804 times
Quote:

Very bad idea to recruit foreigners, it will jeopardize national security as the article states and America cannot take the chance...too many traitors especially of foreign countries, blood is thicker than water and the illegal immigrant demonstrations and words have well proved this.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:06 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,804 times
Quote:

Americans will work...Americans did all jobs here before the So. American invasion started in the early 80's, and it was a great country.
Then the illegal invasion came which raised the cost of living and lowered the wages, which was due to illegals numbers and cost to gov., and this made businesses and individuals need to hire cheaper labor (illegals/poor) to keep what they owned. American lives continue to spiral downward with many losing their homes and unable to afford a rental because of this cost of living/lowered wages effect due to illegals.
This effect is clearly seen in Ca. and states that border it, but also in other large cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration